Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2016, 01:55 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
clutter
I believe those are facts since it is a pick your poison type offense now. If you focus on dak then elliot will run wild. If you focus on eliiot then dak goes play action and hit the open man down the field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 03:34 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
58-50
This week has sucked and I am just getting to my picks. I did get Thursday night right
I am exhausted. I will likely sleep through the London game in the morning. I also have a splitting headache, for some reason Probably stress and tension

SO here are my colorful picks for the week.

Jaguars @ Titans Already picked and won

Native Americans @ Panthera tigris' The Stripey cats are not on track to replicate last years success Oddly enough, the NFC East has teams with winning records. Just shows how things change from year to year in the NFL. Maybe the commissioners job will change next?

Leaders of the Cherokee Nation
@ Young Equus ferus caballus' I guess coach Reed finally threatened to sit on whoever does not play up to par because the CHiefs have been looking better.

CARDINALIS cardinalises @ Panthera parduses Talk about disappointing Cats...these pink panthers are having the season like my week....sucky Meanwhile, the PESKY RED BIRDS Want to keep in the top ten

Autumn Wind @ Spanish Pirates I hate to pick so many visiting teams, but in Tampa, it matters not...the Raiders are perfect on the Roadm while the SUccaneers are far from perfect at anything.

Pandeon haliaetuses @ Venerated Dead Catholics Another Bird Issues of Point. Pete Carroll has obviously got the team playing well and what matters is not who starts but who finishes.

Panthera leos @ Texicans Go ahead and pay some guy 72 million dollars to play sports and see how far that gets you. Please note that I do not charge that much and I actually FIX People.

LOYALISTS @ Bison bisons Dare I pick the Patriots to lose twice to the same team in the same year ?

Citation M2's @ PAUL BROWNS EMPLOYEES This is a risky pick, because one it is the pillow fight of the week amd two the Jets usually do not squander away a chance at a sure win, but it is almost Halloween and both franchises operate like they are under some sort of curse, so a win by the football team will give the fans a little to cheer for before a win by the Indains Sunday or Monday pushes the City over the edge. I would hope that the Indians wait to win the world series at home, but something about making people at Wrigley watch the Cubs lose....again.....would be most entertaining.

Uncharged @ Free Range Equus ferus caballus What can you say but revenge on the mind of the horses this week.

Employees of the Acme Packing Company @ FALCO PEREGRINUSES I had picked the last place flag in the NFC SOuth to fly over Atlanta but instead, they may be hoisting a pennant.

Haliaeetus leucocephalus @ Cattle Wranglers
This is traditionally the type of game that shows that in spite of two red hot rookies, Jerry Jones still hired really bad coaches along the way.

NORSE INVADERS @ Ursus arctoses We may have a new number one bottom ten team next week if the team in Cleveland wins and the One in Chicago still plays like a stuffed animal.

Bye: Frisco Gold Rush, Tursiops truncatus , People with Acromegaly,Ovis canadensises , , NEVERMORE! , Steel workers

Old 10-29-2016, 04:37 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
We're at 107 games through week 7 I think, even with the tie added in, if you choose to go adding it as a loss.

Old 10-29-2016, 04:54 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Last week: 11-3
Season 64-42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
First time in like 3 years I missed the Thursday night pick. F*#k work! Since I just got home and haven't turned on my TV since Monday night I'll pick Jaguars, but if you want to throw it out in the spirit of competitive competition, that's fine too.
Detroit @ Houston. Instead of spending $72 million on Osweiler the Texans should've spent 72 cents on Hoyer. They would get the same production for 72 million less otherwise to spread throughout other teams needs.
Cincinnati vs. Washington. A 0% chance I wake up for this in London with the incredibly busy week I've had.
KC @ Indianapolis. Have they played since the Chiefs had that epic collapse in the playoffs??
Oakland @ Tampa Bay. Carr & Khalil Mack will smoke a Winston.
Seattle @ New Orleans. The Jimmy Graham bowl.
New York Jets @ Cleveland Browns. If not now than when Browns?? Capitalize on the city championship success!
New England @ Buffalo. Have Brady/Bellicheck EVER lost to the same opponent twice in 1 season??
Arizona @ Carolina. Remember as recently as 10 months ago, this was the game that decided the NFC representative in the Super Bowl. My, how times have changed.
San Diego @ Denver. The Chargers last 2 weeks (Denver win, and the win in Atlanta) have made sure the Broncos will take this seriously. Thankfully, having coach Kubiak back as well will be even better.
Green Bay @ Atlanta. I went back and forth on this. Falcons are who we thought they were! and Packers are due for a run of 2 weeks.
Philadelphia @ Dallas. Road teams seem to have won the majority of these matchups. Will the bye week mess with Dak's momentum?? I'm hoping yes.
Minnesota @ Chicago. If you want to scare kids on Halloween evening, just have them watch 1 series of the Bears offense .

Old 10-29-2016, 05:47 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
I'm hoping Packers can win this game! Someone commented on a blog, many Packer fans in town. I saw a picture of a line to get in the Packers Everywhere rally, hopefully noticeable tomorrow. I love watching road games and hearing, Go Pack Go on the TV broadcast.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:00 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
New England @ Buffalo. Have Brady/Bellicheck EVER lost to the same opponent twice in 1 season?? .
They lost to Denver twice last year.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
They lost to Denver twice last year.

What I meant was regular season. And than like an hour later I read an article in the Wall Street Journal that said the Patriots haven't gotten swept by an opponent (only divisional opponents counted) since 2000

Old 10-29-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I do too. Most of us hate the London Games, including 7express

How did I come up in this thread earlier than like page 8 when I made by 10 minute late Thursday night pick?!?!

Old 10-29-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Mexico City is not as bad as London though, since Mexico City is at least in the Central Time Zone so the game can kick off at normal time. If they are trying to expand to Latin America though, I doubt it will ever work since they prefer futbol to football there.

And yet in England they prefer futbol to football as well, and no matter how many teams or games Goodell sends over there, the British will always prefer futbol, so Goodell should stop shoving it down ours & theirs throats.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:30 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,550 times
Quote:
What I meant was regular season. And than like an hour later I read an article in the Wall Street Journal that said the Patriots haven't gotten swept by an opponent (only divisional opponents counted) since 2000
Since that would only mean someone from that division, I wouldn't say that is a stat to be proud of since that division has been weak since the Brady era started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football