Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 05:10 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
he probably wants to expend the brand. can you imagine american football as an olympic sport?
my motivation is strictly altruistic,

there's about 1.4 billion Chinese people that are in need of American chips & beer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 05:35 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,609,976 times
Ghengis, you are funny! I'm always amused and sometimes getting my dictionary out! If I go to London I won't wear a cheesehead!

Old 10-26-2016, 06:18 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,079,128 times
I too wish the NFL would stop the London Games. But Wait, Goodell has more bad ideas for us this season: Monday night November 21 Raiders vs Texans at Estadia Revengo de la Montezuma in Mexico City.
Just another bad idea form the mind of Goodell.

Thursday Night Prediction I will join the rest and pick the home team
Jaguars at TITANS

Rest will be picked later

Old 10-26-2016, 07:26 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,444,662 times
Mexico City is not as bad as London though, since Mexico City is at least in the Central Time Zone so the game can kick off at normal time. If they are trying to expand to Latin America though, I doubt it will ever work since they prefer futbol to football there.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:40 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Mexico City is not as bad as London though, since Mexico City is at least in the Central Time Zone so the game can kick off at normal time. If they are trying to expand to Latin America though, I doubt it will ever work since they prefer futbol to football there.
However, they do appreciate beisbol.

Old 10-26-2016, 11:25 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,370 times
Last Week: 9-5-1
Season: 59-44-1

Last week broke a streak of just being a little above or below .500, so I hope I can stay on a this (small) roll...

This week's picks:

Jaguars @ Titans - Yuck. But someone has to win, right?

Redskins @ Bengals - Im pretty sure Cincy will find a way to lose.

Cardinals @ Panthers - Panthers are doomed. Cardinals will get a reprieve--at least for a week, anyway...

Lions @ Texans - Are we watching Matthew Stafford become a better QB before our very eyes? If the answer is yes, the Lions win this game.

Seahawks @ Saints - Saints are always able to put up points at home, but their D could be exactly what the doctor ordered for Seattle...

Packers @ Falcons - Pack havent solved their problems, they just played the Bears. Atlanta wins at home.

Raiders @ Buccaneers - Raiders do seem to win on the road, but the Bucs arent exactly terrible--but I will go with Oakland (and will probably get burned for it)

Patriots @ Bills - Buffalo is going to get crushed. If they were for real, they would have won last week.

Jets @ Browns - I am going to do it, I am going to do it! This is where the Jets (and by proxy, Fitzpatrick) will fall on their face. Well, actually, the Jets have been falling all season long. Actually, Fitz wont stumble here, he's mad, and its the Browns. Plus, nothing is on the line. However, I am still going to pick the Browns because they have to win sometime, right?

Chiefs @ Colts - I dont believe in the Colts now. They will need to overhaul that front office at the end of the season (like they should have done at the end of last season).

Chargers @ Broncos - I'll take Denver at Mile High.

Vikings @ Bears - Someone PLEASE stop putting the Bears on National television. I really hate watching their games. If the Vikings dont crush them here, it will be because Sam Bradford has regressed--again...

Eagles @ Cowboys - Cowboys O-line vs Eagles D-line. This week, I will pick the O-line since they are at home...

Old 10-27-2016, 05:09 AM

1,281 posts, read 775,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Last Week: 9-5-1
Season: 59-44-1

Last week broke a streak of just being a little above or below .500, so I hope I can stay on a this (small) roll...

This week's picks:

Jaguars @ Titans - Yuck. But someone has to win, right?

Redskins @ Bengals - Im pretty sure Cincy will find a way to lose.

Cardinals @ Panthers - Panthers are doomed. Cardinals will get a reprieve--at least for a week, anyway...

Lions @ Texans - Are we watching Matthew Stafford become a better QB before our very eyes? If the answer is yes, the Lions win this game.

Seahawks @ Saints - Saints are always able to put up points at home, but their D could be exactly what the doctor ordered for Seattle...

Packers @ Falcons - Pack havent solved their problems, they just played the Bears. Atlanta wins at home.

Raiders @ Buccaneers - Raiders do seem to win on the road, but the Bucs arent exactly terrible--but I will go with Oakland (and will probably get burned for it)

Patriots @ Bills - Buffalo is going to get crushed. If they were for real, they would have won last week.

Jets @ Browns - I am going to do it, I am going to do it! This is where the Jets (and by proxy, Fitzpatrick) will fall on their face. Well, actually, the Jets have been falling all season long. Actually, Fitz wont stumble here, he's mad, and its the Browns. Plus, nothing is on the line. However, I am still going to pick the Browns because they have to win sometime, right?

Chiefs @ Colts - I dont believe in the Colts now. They will need to overhaul that front office at the end of the season (like they should have done at the end of last season).

Chargers @ Broncos - I'll take Denver at Mile High.

Vikings @ Bears - Someone PLEASE stop putting the Bears on National television. I really hate watching their games. If the Vikings dont crush them here, it will be because Sam Bradford has regressed--again...

Eagles @ Cowboys - Cowboys O-line vs Eagles D-line. This week, I will pick the O-line since they are at home...

Something tells me the eagles defense is going to get sick of hearing about the Dallas o-line and come out aggressive and cause a problem. Just have that feeling.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:19 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,929,906 times
Titans
Bengals
Patriots
Jets
Colts
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Cardinals
Texans
Broncos
Falcons
Cowboys
Vikings

Old 10-27-2016, 08:30 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,612,659 times
I'll take the Titans tonight.

Will pick the rest later.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:45 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,160 times
I sure wish I could get excited about tonight's Jags vs Titans drama.

Actually, it'll be tough even getting all the way up to "excited".

Maybe if I slam down a massive amount of coffee all day...?

Hey, why not? I can sleep next month!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football