U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-27-2016, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,322 posts, read 2,259,538 times
Reputation: 1421

Advertisements

The NFL has started doing cross flexing in 2014 which means that the league may flex a game from Fox to CBS and vice versa. I usually do like it but when they flexed the Panthers Falcons game in week 17 in 2014 from Fox, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms called that game which I didn't like about it because it's not really a huge rivalry. Anybody like the cross flex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-27-2016, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,320 posts, read 21,890,925 times
Reputation: 33486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
The NFL has started doing cross flexing in 2014 which means that the league may flex a game from Fox to CBS and vice versa. I usually do like it but when they flexed the Panthers Falcons game in week 17 in 2014 from Fox, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms called that game which I didn't like about it because it's not really a huge rivalry. Anybody like the cross flex?
I doubt if there's any such thing, you just made all of that stuff up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2016, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,322 posts, read 2,259,538 times
Reputation: 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I doubt if there's any such thing, you just made all of that stuff up
I'm not the one that made this stuff up. It's league that made it up. This came into effect beginning in 2014. As I said, Panthers Falcons in week 17 was flexed from Fox to CBS. Vikings Bears in week 11 of 2014 was also flexed from Fox to CBS. Besides, prior to 2006, there was no flex schedule. Whatever the schedule was, the time start stayed the same but there were a few exceptions. Giants Saints, in 2005, was played in New Jersey, was moved to Monday night because of Hurricane Katrina. In 1997, the game between the Bears and Dolphins was moved to Monday night because of the World Series that year. Besides, last year, week 17 between the Rams and 49ers that game was cross-flexed to CBS from Fox. Jaguars Texans in week 17 in 2014 and the game between the Texans and Titans in week 8 of 2014 was flexed from CBS to Fox. That's how the cross-flex works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2016, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,638 posts, read 33,434,470 times
Reputation: 32362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
The NFL has started doing cross flexing in 2014 which means that the league may flex a game from Fox to CBS and vice versa. I usually do like it but when they flexed the Panthers Falcons game in week 17 in 2014 from Fox, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms called that game which I didn't like about it because it's not really a huge rivalry. Anybody like the cross flex?
The game you mentioned was flexed so it would be a national game between two teams for a playoff spot. I like Fox over CBS but no issue with the flex if it means watching football that actually means something late in the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2016, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,756 posts, read 4,231,898 times
Reputation: 3829
Ever since CBS started televising some Thursday Night games, they have been carrying some NFC games on Sundays. With the exception of the analysts, it's kind of like old times when CBS used to be the broadcast station that carried all of the NFC games. Fox definitely has better commentators for their games, though. I don't mind the cross flex with broadcast stations, because I can't always pick up the FOX station that my beloved Redskins play on, but usually when CBS is televising their games, I will get them each and every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2016, 07:22 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,863 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Ever since CBS started televising some Thursday Night games, they have been carrying some NFC games on Sundays. With the exception of the analysts, it's kind of like old times when CBS used to be the broadcast station that carried all of the NFC games. Fox definitely has better commentators for their games, though. I don't mind the cross flex with broadcast stations, because I can't always pick up the FOX station that my beloved Redskins play on, but usually when CBS is televising their games, I will get them each and every time.
I remember it taking me about 4 years of getting used to seeing the NFL on FOX back in the mid 90's because it just seemed so weird at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2016, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,322 posts, read 2,259,538 times
Reputation: 1421
Bringing this thread up to date, I remember a couple years ago when the Vikings played the Bears in Soldier Field, that game was cross flexed from Fox to CBS. That was the same year when the Panthers Falcons game in week 17 was flexed from Fox to CBS as the case for Jaguars Texans fromCBS to Fox.

Does anybody really think the cross flexing is a good idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2016, 10:16 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,541 posts, read 4,492,339 times
Reputation: 2477
Meh. I watch redzone on Sundays anyways, so whether the game is on CBS, FOX, or got cross-flexed is irrelevant to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2016, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,322 posts, read 2,259,538 times
Reputation: 1421
^^And why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2016, 10:23 PM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,322 posts, read 2,259,538 times
Reputation: 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The game you mentioned was flexed so it would be a national game between two teams for a playoff spot. I like Fox over CBS but no issue with the flex if it means watching football that actually means something late in the year.
So if you say you like Fox over CBS, does that mean you like Fox announcers better than CBS? It seems like everybody hates CBS more than Fox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top