Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 12:37 AM

4,455 posts, read 3,366,956 times

Advertisements

Here we go for week 9:
Falcons over Buccaneers
Cowboys over Browns - I am guessing Cleveland will never get their first win
Vikings over Lions
Giants over Eagles - Wentz started off great but hasn't been looking very sharp since.
Rams over Panthers
49ers over Saints
Jets over Dolphins
Ravens over Steelers
Chiefs over Jaguars
Packers over Colts - Both teams have been playing poorly in week 8 with Indianapolis playing worse.
Titans over Chargers
Raiders over Broncos
Seahawks over Bills.

Those are my picks for week 9. I really don't see any Super Bowl rematches in this week. Also at least there are no upcoming games in London for the rest of this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 05:55 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,628,530 times
Falcons vs Buccaneers
Lions vs Vikings
Eagles vs Giants
Jets vs Dolphins
Jaguars vs Chiefs
Cowboys vs Browns
Steelers vs Ravens
Saints vs 49ers
Panthers vs Rams
Colts vs Packers
Titans vs Chargers
Broncos vs Raiders
Bills vs Seahawks

Last edited by Phyxius; 11-01-2016 at 06:04 AM..

Old 11-01-2016, 08:20 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,424,739 times
Falcons vs Buccaneers
Lions vs Vikings
Eagles vs Giants
Jets vs Dolphins
Jaguars vs Chiefs
Cowboys vs Browns
Steelers vs Ravens
Saints vs 49ers
Panthers vs Rams
Colts vs Packers
Titans vs Chargers
Broncos vs Raiders
Bills vs Seahawks

Old 11-01-2016, 09:17 AM

14,294 posts, read 14,542,369 times
Falcons @ Buccaneers
Lions @ Vikings
Eagles
@ Giants
Jets @ Dolphins
Jaguars @ Chiefs
Cowboys
@ Browns
Steelers @ Ravens
Saints @ 49ers
Panthers @ Rams
Colts @ Packers
Titans
@ Chargers
Broncos @ Raiders
Bills @ Seahawks

Bye: Bears, Bengals, Cardinals, Patriots, Redskins, Texas

Jonathan, Colts have been playing badly, but Packers came around in Week 8, when most were expecting a blowout.

Last edited by susancruzs; 11-01-2016 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: Add Bye Teams/comment for Jonathan

Old 11-01-2016, 03:47 PM

7,571 posts, read 6,032,934 times
63-57 for the year. Those L's are keeping me from having a perfect record. Interesting how many teams have fared poorly after coming back from the BYE week.
As for Thursday night games, I have said all along that I do not like them but Gooddell seems to think that he can make more money off of them. Who cares if someone gets hurt ?
Speaking of which, the Jets coaching staff needs to step up when a QB Goes down from a head shot that is hard enough to take his helmet off. That is what happened to the Bearded wonder Sunday. Fortunately, the Referee stopped the game and made him go to the sideline for an evaluation.

And Goodell says "We take concussions seriously" Yeah right. About as seriously as he takes giving the fans what they want.

SO enough of a rant Here are my colorful picks for the week

FALCONS @ Buccaneers This game is in Tampa, I cannot go, nor do I want to, but if I did, I would, but I don;t so I won't.

Lions @ VIKINGS Playing at home, I would pick the Norsemen over the Lions, but the way they lost to the Bears, who knows ?

EAGLES @ Giants Taking the Eagles on the road is risky, but aside from the Cowboys, the NFC Eaast is mediocre

Jets @ MY FINZ I hope that My FINZ Do not suffer the week off, forget how to play fate. But since they did not really know how to play all that well, and since they are only playing the Jets. they should win. SHould.

Jaguars @ CHIEFS The Jags have disappointed, and The CHEFS are cooking up a run to the playoffs midway through the season. At home, where Andy Reed can visit the All you can eat Buffet before the game, the team should play well.

COWBOYS @ Browns This game will not matter much to the good citizens of Cleveland. They can look accross downtown (figuratively) and see (where it will be when it arrives in the spring) The Pennant that says CLEVELAND INDIANS WORLD CHAMPIONS and right next to it the one that says CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WORLD CHAMPIONS and be proud. Be very proud. Cleveland needs champions, one day the Browns will be there again. It took the Indians 68 years, and the Browns have not won a world chamionship since 1964k so 52 years is more than enough. It will happen, hoepfully sooner than later. The City needs it.

STEELERS @ Ravens I pick this only because the Ravens have fallen short a few times, but with Big Joe Flacco in the lineup at QB The Ravens still have a chance to win at home.

SAINTS @ 49ers Before restructuring, this would have been a conference game. The 1 and 6 ers have disappointed all along, and the Saints are finally finding the offensive Mojo.

Panthers @ RAMS It is time for the RAMS To win big at home again.
Colts @ PACKERS I don't think the Packers will lose twice in a row nor do I think the Colts are lucky enough to win in Lambeau.

Titans @ CHARGERS I will take the 3-5 team ahead of the 4-4 team at home

Broncos @ RAIDERS The Autumn Wind blows better on the road this year, but it is time the Raiders put the hurt on their arch-rivals in Oakland

Bill's Bufffaloes @ SEAHAWKS Pete Carroll will have his team well prepared, Ryan, not so much.

Bye: Bears, Bengals, Cardinals, Patriots, Redskins, Texans

Old 11-01-2016, 04:12 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,450,816 times
Falcons vs Buccaneers-I like Matt Ryan to smoke a Winston here. Bucs beat Falcons in Week 1. No team in the NFL has beaten a team twice yet this season.

Lions vs Vikings -Viqueens look terrible right now, but one of my picking rules is to never take Matthew Stafford on the road unless it's against the Cowboys.

Eagles vs Giants-When did the NFC East become the best division in football? That certainly wasn't the case last year. Eagles keep playing teams coming off bye weeks. They beat the Vikings to give them their first loss and then they painfully lost to the Cowboys in OT much to my chagrin. I think Carson Wentz will have a nice rebound game, and I like the Eagles defense to make it tough on Manning.

Jets vs Dolphins-I'm not picking the Jets this season, so I'll take the Fins at home where they've won their last 2 games.

Jaguars vs Chiefs-The Chiefs just keep rolling. I expect a big win at Arrowhead against the pathetic Jags.

Cowboys vs Browns-I realize this is a throwaway pick and the Browns have almost no chance, but I hate the Cowboys and can't pick them. Besides if the Browns did miraculously pull this out I'd be the only to get this pick correct.

Steelers vs Ravens-This is always an intense rivalry. Ravens went winless in October, but I like them at home against a Steelers team without Big Ben.

Saints vs 49ers-My Niners are a dumpster fire. I'm back to not picking them for the rest of the season.

Panthers vs Rams-Panthers showed some life on Sunday against the Cards, and I like them to win another one against a mediocre Rams team.

Colts vs Packers-Both Andrew Luck and Aaron Rodgers need some help, but I think there's more talent on the Packers than the Colts right now. Packers need to get this one at Lambeau before 3 road games against quality teams.

Titans vs Chargers-I think it's important to remember the Titans are the only team in the NFL to win at Detroit or at Miami this season. This suggests they're a decent road team, but I still like Philip Rivers and the Bolts at home. They're much better than their record indicates.

Broncos vs Raiders-Raiders are undefeated on the road and terrible at the O. I think Trevor Siemian will have a big day exploiting the Raiders weak secondary.

Bills vs Seahawks-Seahawks win another ugly squeaker against a Bills team I can't figure out. Bills just got Percy Harvin. Maybe the former Seahawk can help them out at wide receiver.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:50 AM

14,294 posts, read 14,542,369 times
Norv Turner (OC) resigning, will this help or hurt the Vikings? Interesting timing on this for sure.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:15 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,628,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Norv Turner (OC) resigning, will this help or hurt the Vikings? Interesting timing on this for sure.
Pat Shurmur is the replacement. He was the offensive coordinator and interim head coach in Philadelphia last season. He was the OC in St. Louis with Bradford as well.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:31 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,578,421 times
NFL Week 9 - Byes: Arizona, Chicago, Cincinnati, Houston, New England, Washington

Falcons @ Buccaneers – Atlanta has good day in Tampa Bay!

Lions @ Vikings – Purple Power taking a nose dive?
Eagles @ Giants – Eagles fly over Eli!
Jets @ Dolphins – No-Fly Zone in Miami!
Jaguars @ Chiefs – Andy Reid & Sunshine Band in KC
Cowboys @ Browns – How about them CUBS?
Steelers @ Ravens – Blackbirds sting Bumblebees
Saints @ 49ers – Every little breeze seems to whisper Drew Brees
Panthers @ Rams – Cam feels safer: Goodell provides a Robo-QB for team
Colts @ Packers“Nobody comes into this house…(etc)”
Titans @ Chargers – Bolts lose power and go zzzzzzt!

Broncos @ Raiders – Will Black & Silver shine in the 6-2 Bowl?
Bills @ Seahawks – Trust Pete to find a way over the Ryans

Old 11-02-2016, 07:04 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,626,954 times
Falcons vs Buccaneers
Lions vs Vikings
Eagles vs Giants
Jets vs Dolphins
Jaguars vs Chiefs
Cowboys vs Browns
Steelers vs Ravens
Saints vs 49ers
Panthers vs Rams
Colts vs Packers
Titans vs Chargers
Broncos vs Raiders
Bills vs Seahawks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football