U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 07:19 AM

4,322 posts, read 2,256,850 times

Advertisements

Browns @ Ravens
Rams @ Jets
Falcons @ Eagles
Bears @ Buccaneers
Packers @ Titans
Vikings @ Redskins
Cowboys @ Steelers
49ers @ Cardinals
Broncos @ Saints
Chiefs @ Panthers
Texans @ Jaguars
Dolphins @ Chargers
Seahawks @ Patriots
Bengals @ Giants

Those are my picks for week 10. This season has gone fast so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 09:50 AM

4,882 posts, read 3,971,953 times
Cat is 72-62 for the year.
The season HAS gone by quickly. I am not happy with the top two teams in the Power Rankings though, and IF they went on to meet in the Super Bowl, I would be very disappointed. I cannot stand either one of them.

Since I have already voted and I refuse to watch the election coverage I can work on my picks and clean the house.

For my picks
Browns @ RAVENS It is a shame that the Indians did not win the World Series, but at least Cleveland still has the awesome Cavaliers. As for the Ravens, they still have Big Joe Flacco who I think IS in fact a top tier QB.

RAMS @ Jets This would have been a great game some some 48 years ago ,If you could match up Namath against Gabriel, but this week, it is the crummy game of the week. Or one of them. I do not see the Rams losing that many in a row, but the Jets at home, they tend to miss their own runway and fall into a ditch.

FALCONS @ Eagles WHEN BIRDS ATTACK! I have noticed that the Falcons have a serious air attack as well as a good ground attack, while the Eagles, well, they started strong but giving up the big play is what hurts them. And Ryan is a Big Play QB

Bears @ BUCCANEERS Crummy game of the week 2 I heard tickets are going cheap to this one. Too bad I have to work all weekend.

PACKERS @ Titans Sooner or later the Packers MUST win on the road against crummy teams.

Vikings @ REDSKINS Who would have thought that the NFC East would be so good after they were so bad last year? And I did not expect the Vikings to fold after starting so strong. But Vikings are not siege warriors, and as the season drags on, they wear down.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A SUPER BOWL REMATCH !!!!!!

COWBOYS @ Steelers
In super bowl matches this season, the team that won in the original super bowl has repeated only twice. Now these teams met three times, so not sure how to score this one. Except that Prescott and Elliot have not stumbled into rookie mistakes or beginners luck, while the Steelers defense remains a "Wait and see come to us" style. THIS gives advantage to the Cowboys, but on the other side, Big Ben can tear the lackluster Cowboys defense into shreds. Look for a shootout here. __________________________________________________ _________________________

49ers @ CARDINALS Did you think the Cubs winning the world series after 109 years was something? Did you know that the Cardinals have the longest drought on the NFL Championship? They have not won an NFL Championship since the 1940s, making it the longest football drought. (Not counting expansion teams that might fold when Goodell expands the league into Asia next year anyway) I thought this would be the year of the PESKY RED BIRD but alas, I thought wrong.

Broncos @ SAINTS Got to pick an upset now and again, so maybe the Saints get lucky at home

Chiefs @ PANTHERS Both teams are playing up to their full potential right now. The Chiefs are looking great, but I will give the home team a slight edge.

TEXANS @ Jaguars Another case of the AFC SOUTH Being the worst of the worst divisions this year, but since they lack the fanbase of the NFC East, few notice.

MY FINZ @ Chargers Yes I am back to Picking MY FINZ on the road against a team that still tires out after 3 quarters. The FINZ are playing hard nosed, smash mouth football. Violent, tough, but not pretty, unless you like pro rasslin

__________________________________________________ _____________________

ANOTHER SUPER BOWL REMATCH !!!!!!!
Seahawks @ PATRIOTS
I would be telling a falsity here if I said that I do not want the Patriots to lose. But I honestly do not see that happening in Bas-Tuhn. If you missed the episode a couple of weeks ago where THE SIMPSONS Parodied the Patriots, it was hilarious. Go look for it.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Bengals @ GIANTS Eli- Eli -OH ! And company are finally looking strong at home, and they could still make a run for the NFC Title. And the Bengals, well, they have yet to repeat last years magic. Which is something to remember in the NFL: Every season will be different.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:21 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
Always like reading your take on the games, wish I was creative in my opinions! I don't think I can go with your Fins although I picked them Week 9! Can the Packers beat the Titans, who knows! Who are these Packers anyways?

Browns @ Ravens
Texans
@ Jaguars
Broncos @ Saints
Rams
@ Jets
Falcons @ Eagles
Chiefs @ Panthers
Bears @ Buccaneers
Vikings @ Redskins
Packers
@ Titans
Dolphins @ Chargers
49ers @ Cardinals
Cowboys
@ Steelers
Seahawks @ Patriots
Bengals @ Giants

Old 11-08-2016, 10:43 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,056,984 times
Browns @ Ravens-Gee, I wonder why the NFL is losing ratings with this season's Thursday night lineup and the officiating debacle from last night's game. I'll take the Ravens in an ugly close game since the Browns have forgotten how to win. At least we'll get this game out of the way.

Rams @ Jets-I hope Ryan Fitzpatrick plays. I'd like to see who can throw more interceptions between him and Case Keenum. Whether it's Petty or Fitz under center, I'll take the Rams since I'm not picking the Jets this year.

Falcons @ Eagles-Falcons are 1 of 6 teams that have a winning record on the road, but I keep expecting them to have their midseason meltdown. It hasn't happened yet, but it will start this week against the Eagles.

Bears @ Buccaneers-Jay Cutler (yes, Jay Cutler) smokes a Winston.

Packers @ Titans-I think the Packers will bounce back from that inexplicable defeat to the Colts at Lambeau. This game is almost a must-win to make up for the Colts loss. The Packers have two more difficult road games after this at Washington and Philly.

Vikings @ Redskins-What has happened to the Vikings? They've seemed to have lost their way. I don't see them getting back on track in Landover.

Cowboys @ Steelers-I hate the Cowboys, especially this year with them winning all the time. Hopefully the killer B's (Big Ben, Brown, and Bell) can take the Cowboys behind the woodshed.

49ers @ Cardinals-My dumpster-fire Niners have no chance of winning this game.

Broncos @ Saints-I usually don't pick against the Broncos, but I'll take Brees and company at home in the Superdome. I think Ingram and Hightower will give them a good enough run game to get just enough points for the win.

Chiefs @ Panthers-Panthers have turned over a new leaf since the bye week. I think they'll keep winning even against a formidable foe in Kansas City.

Texans @ Jaguars-Texans are not a good football team, but they own the AFC South, the worst division in football.

Dolphins @ Chargers-I like how the Chargers are finishing games now. They'll continue rolling against a subpar Miami team.

Seahawks @ Patriots-Bad officiating favoring Seattle shouldn't be a factor in this one. The only cheaters who will this game will be New England.

Bengals @ Giants-I never know what to expect from the Giants from week to week. However, I know exactly what the Bengals will do. They'll get into the playoffs only to lose in the first round. They need some wins to get there.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:16 AM

3,960 posts, read 2,510,669 times
Last week: 7-5
Season: 73-54-2

Here are my picks--last week was barely able to keep my head above .500!

Browns @ Ravens - Only because Balt is at home. I could see Cleveland stealing this one as well.

Rams @ Jets - I have no reason to pick the Jets, no matter how bad the Rams played last week.

Falcons @ Eagles - I dont really want to buy into Atlanta yet, but winning this game, on the road, would help their cause with me.

Bears @ Buccaneers - So are we going to get the Jay Cutler from MNF vs the Vikes, or the blah-blah Cutler? I am going to gamble that we get something in between, and that will be enough to beat the Bucs...

Packers @ Titans - Two teams going in the wrong direction. I will take the Pack only because I dont trust the Titans

Vikings @ Redskins - Vikes needs to stop their 3 game slide, and here is where they do it.

Cowboys @ Steelers - Steelers, get bounce back game here, and hand 'Boys second loss of the season. I am predicting a Pittsburgh offensive explosion

49ers @ Cardinals - No matter how they havent lived up to expectations, the Cards cant lose as home to the Niners, can they?

Broncos @ Saints - With the Bronco secondary hurting, that wont be able to slow down Drew Brees at home.

Chiefs @ Panthers - I see KC pulling this one out.

Texans @ Jaguars - Jags are a mess.

Dolphins @ Chargers - Two teams I dont trust. But I will take 'Phins because of Jay Ajayi--the only reason I will take them.

Seahawks @ Patriots - Seattle's new 12th man (refs, as I said in another thread) doesnt travel to Foxboro.

Bengals @ Giants - I dont how to pick game with my fav team. The Giants of recent vintage seem to hate prosperity, so since I am predicting a Dallas loss, this would be a golden opportunity for the Giants to gain ground on 1st place in the NFC East. They wont take advantage.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:26 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,126,765 times
Browns vs. Ravens

Texans vs. Jaguars
Broncos vs. Saints
Rams vs. Jets
Falcons vs. Eagles
Chiefs vs. Panthers
Bears vs. Buccaneers
Vikings vs. Redskins
Packers vs. Titans

Dolphins vs. Chargers
49ers vs. Cardinals
Cowboys vs. Steelers
Seahawks vs. Patriots

Bengals vs. Giants

Old 11-08-2016, 04:02 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
NFL Week 10 Byes: Buffalo, Detroit, Indianapolis, Oakland

Browns @ Ravens Hello, Joe! Why are you here on Thursday?

Texans @ Jaguars O$weiler proves he aint no $72M clerical error!
Broncos @ Saints Nawlins edges Denver
Rams @ Jets Lambs inadvertently herded into a meat grinder
Falcons @ Eagles Wookie Wentz & Matty Ice - in Birdfight?
Chiefs @ Panthers Chiefs are loving & safe; treat Cam kindly - but still lose!
Bears @ Buccaneers Will Scary Jay Monster Mash at Tampa Bay?
Vikings @ Redskins Purple Skins offended by Cousins
Packers @ Titans Will Green Bay iceberg sink the TITANic?
Dolphins @ Chargers Fins pull the plug on Bolts
49ers @ Cardinals Will Cards hit snooze button again?
Cowboys @ Steelers Dak grabs Terrible Towel and mops up!

Seahawks @ Patriots Richard Sherman kicked in face during failed block attempt
Bengals @ Giants Eli outguns Andy

Old 11-08-2016, 05:09 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
Cute, Colt and IMHO someone needs to kick Sherman somewhere! I loved the tweet the kickers wife sent, apparently a farm girl! You know what we do on the farm when a male animal gets out of hand! Sherman saw it and responded by telling her to have a nice day.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:55 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Cute, Colt and IMHO someone needs to kick Sherman somewhere! I loved the tweet the kickers wife sent, apparently a farm girl! You know what we do on the farm when a male animal gets out of hand! Sherman saw it and responded by telling her to have a nice day.

Farm girls speak truth!

Old 11-09-2016, 07:54 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,894,493 times
Cleveland @ Baltimore

Will get the rest in later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football