U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-27-2016, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Reputation: 12484

Advertisements

Seahawks losing to Tampa Bay is very interesting, not able to score, or throw the ball, interceptions, not a great showing by a team everyone is trying to say, "watch out for the Seahawks, here they come"!

 
Old 11-27-2016, 05:47 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,413 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
No, I dont. It's one of those mystifying things where Seattle's line looked like they were gelling and playing well the last three games, but they regressed big time today. Tampa's defense came into this week ranked 26th in total defense. They're not that good; Seattle just has the worst OL in football. Wilson was sacked 6 times and knocked down 10 times!

Obviously Seattle's offense isn't as lethal as Washington's. No argument there. Scoring isn't Seattle's problem, though--protecting the quarterback and run blocking is. I maintain that if the line plays well, Seattle can score with Dallas. Its not like the Seahawks are devoid of talent at the skill positions--they have a great QB, a WR1, a great TE with good complementary receivers, and a nice 1-2 running back punch. THEY CAN'T PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK OR CONTROL THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. Everybody's offense would suffer behind such a porous line.

I will add that Seattle was missing three defensive starters and still played well after the first quarter. Seattle's defense makes up the difference because Dallas' defense isn't very good (though they've overachieved). The Seahawks D kept them in this game and gave them a chance to win. Two fourth quarter takeaways and excellent second half defense against Tampa's #11 offense...

But yes, this is why the Cowboys are the better team right now and have earned the right to be favored against anyone the rest of the way. None of the Cowboys issues are as glaring as Seattle's atrocious o-line. It's awful. And if they allow the type of pressure they have today, the Seahawks will have a very short postseason...I still favor Seattle over Dallas, though. I'm not budging on that, lol! They'd have to have an epic meltdown for me to sway towards Dallas in that game--but as of right now, and 95% of this season, Dallas is the better team...

Let me vent about one more thing: Carroll lost this game for Seattle when he didn't go for a 4th&1 in the 3rd. The offense had struggled the entire game, you knew you couldn't run it, had trouble keeping Wilson clean, and on a drive that Seattle gained two first downs and ended with a 4th and 1 around their own 40 or so, he decided to punt. Why? That was the best drive they'd had all night. All you needed was 10 points. I'd venture with the thought that Seattle had a little momentum at that point, and if you convert that 4th and 1 and drive into field goal range, it's 14-8 late in the 3rd. The pressure would then be on a young Tampa team to protect the lead, yet outside the first two drives if the game when they went up 14-0, they were pretty much dominated by Seattle's defense...

Stupidity. I call Petey the second-best coach in the league and he always creates a cause to second guess him!

Lastly, Kam Chancellor won't win DPOY because he missed four games, but man is he a difference maker. One of my favorite players, Collins may be having the best year this year but Chancellor is a 2x All-Pro and probably is still the single most dominant safety in the game. He is elite in coverage, against the run, reads offenses like he's on offense, that guy is fun to watch and since he's been back you see the impact he has...

Don't get too sucked into that defensive performance by the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. It was a divisional rival and they came in determined to win. That would not be the case with the Falcons, Bucs, Lions, or seahawks which is why I believe the only threats to Dallas to reach the SB is skins or giants.
 
Old 11-27-2016, 05:49 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,413 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Seahawks losing to Tampa Bay is very interesting, not able to score, or throw the ball, interceptions, not a great showing by a team everyone is trying to say, "watch out for the Seahawks, here they come"!
Exactly susan

That's all I heard this week, the seahawks will be a threat to the Cowboys and the Bucs was able to score 14 as bad as their offense is which makes me laugh.
 
Old 11-27-2016, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,628 posts, read 4,221,188 times
Reputation: 4582
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Don't get too sucked into that defensive performance by the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. It was a divisional rival and they came in determined to win. That would not be the case with the Falcons, Bucs, Lions, or seahawks which is why I believe the only threats to Dallas to reach the SB is skins or giants.
I still think it will be Seattle and Dallas in the NFC CHamp game at AT&T Stadium.. Seattle had a bad game that's all. Happens to every team... As a Cowboy fan, i would prefer to see either the Redskins or Giants vs the Seahawks. I would bet that Seahawks fans feel the same..
 
Old 11-27-2016, 05:56 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,413 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I still think it will be Seattle and Dallas in the NFC CHamp game at AT&T Stadium.. Seattle had a bad game that's all. Happens to every team... As a Cowboy fan, i would prefer to see either the Redskins or Giants vs the Seahawks. I would bet that Seahawks fans feel the same..
Well I'm the opposite, I rather see seattle than the Giants or Skins because they know each other very well. lol
 
Old 11-27-2016, 06:40 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
4,209 posts, read 2,825,676 times
Reputation: 4497
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Exactly susan

That's all I heard this week, the seahawks will be a threat to the Cowboys and the Bucs was able to score 14 as bad as their offense is which makes me laugh.
This is funny. I understand why Seattle will be the button of jokes, they deserve that for only scoring 5 points, but it was a bad game. You act like that doesn't happen to teams...lol Dallas' bad game is coming, surely you hope you guys have it in these next five weeks instead of in the playoffs...

As of right now, Seattle is still the biggest threat to Dallas, and you guys are lying to yourselves if you believe otherwise. Bennett, Thomas, and Shead were out today, and they still played dominant defense. There is no way you'd "rather face" the Seahawks D over anybody else. Exactly where is Dallas' offensive advantage over Seattle's defense? I'll wait... The Seahawks offense, we'll, if the o-line plays how it has most of the year, they will lose. But if they form some modicum of strength and don't get completely dominated at the line of scrimmage, Seattle's offensive skill players create mismatches for Dallas' D across the board. So I should say to you, don't get too hung up with what happened to Seattle today and think Dallas can replicate it...

Lol this board hates Seattle Seahawks, it's a real oddity, but it's been that way for 2-3 years now, season after season. I don't know if it's the coach, the bravado or what, but statements mocking Seattle like you and Susan did, as if they aren't a threat, are proof positive that City Data Football just doesn't like the Seattle Seahawks...
 
Old 11-27-2016, 06:42 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,413 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
This is funny. I understand why Seattle will be the button of jokes, they deserve that for only scoring 5 points, but it was a bad game. You act like that doesn't happen to teams...lol Dallas' bad game is coming, surely you hope you guys have it in these next five weeks instead of in the playoffs...

As of right now, Seattle is still the biggest threat to Dallas, and you guys are lying to yourselves if you believe otherwise. Bennett, Thomas, and Shead were out today, and they still played dominant defense. There is no way you'd "rather face" the Seahawks D over anybody else. Exactly where is Dallas' offensive advantage over Seattle's defense? I'll wait... The Seahawks offense, we'll, if the o-line plays how it has most of the year, they will lose. But if they form some modicum of strength and don't get completely dominated at the line of scrimmage, Seattle's offensive skill players create mismatches for Dallas' D across the board. So I should say to you, don't get too hung up with what happened to Seattle today and think Dallas can replicate it...

Lol this board hates Seattle Seahawks, it's a real oddity, but it's been that way for 2-3 years now, season after season. I don't know if it's the coach, the bravado or what, but statements mocking Seattle like you and Susan did, as if they aren't a threat, are proof positive that City Data Football just doesn't like the Seattle Seahawks...
I;m actually done talking about seattle because after what I saw today I am 95% sure the Cowboys will not even see seattle this season.
 
Old 11-27-2016, 06:56 PM
 
4,979 posts, read 11,044,361 times
Reputation: 11808
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Seahawks losing to Tampa Bay is very interesting, not able to score, or throw the ball, interceptions, not a great showing by a team everyone is trying to say, "watch out for the Seahawks, here they come"!
Every team has an off game...

Unlike Greenbay, Seahawks will still be playing in the post season despite this loss and are still the biggest threat to the Cowboys because again, unlike Green Bay, they can play defense....
 
Old 11-27-2016, 06:58 PM
 
4,979 posts, read 11,044,361 times
Reputation: 11808
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
I;m actually done talking about seattle because after what I saw today I am 95% sure the Cowboys will not even see seattle this season.
Who do you think the Cowboys will see in the post season??

Atlanta??

Seahawks are battle tested in the playoffs, Atlanta typically folds...

I would still bet on the 'Hawks when playoffs roll around and I would definitely bet on Wilson over Prescott.
 
Old 11-27-2016, 07:08 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Reputation: 12484
Yes, they can, no doubt. I get tired of the conversation, when they win a few games, all of a sudden they are the team to beat. They probably will be in the playoffs, no doubt, I was just surprised today. I didn't say they weren't a threat, but the game today did not go with what I've been reading everywhere (including here).

The Packers are a mess, I've said it repeatedly, playing with so many rookies and your #1, #2, and #3 corner backs out,
no running game, they can't get it done, even against teams everyone thought they might beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top