U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-27-2016, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,628 posts, read 4,221,968 times
Reputation: 4582

Advertisements

I think the point Susan was making was a dig at the NFL PUNDITS and not this board in particular. If you were paying attention and i know you were.. Most of the NFL so called experts were pointing out that Seattle was the team to beat in the NFC, especially after beating New England in New England and then they go out an and lay an egg in Tampa.. what it means is that there is still a month of football to play and its too early to CROWN any team...

The best thing about the Cowboys is I don't think they care who they play. I might care, other fans might care, but i don't think they care.. their game plan doesn't change, their demeanor doesn't change, their effort doesn't change.. they will be a tough out and i don't think any team is looking forward to playing them..

 
Old 11-27-2016, 07:42 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,605 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Every team has an off game...

Unlike Greenbay, Seahawks will still be playing in the post season despite this loss and are still the biggest threat to the Cowboys because again, unlike Green Bay, they can play defense....
Today was the 3rd time the season where the offense could not score more than 7 pts and the 2nd time the defense gave up 14 pts or more on the road. And this is the team that is supposed to be a threat to the Cowboys in January? The way they are playing I don't think they will even see the Cowboys in January.
 
Old 11-27-2016, 07:43 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,605 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think the point Susan was making was a dig at the NFL PUNDITS and not this board in particular. If you were paying attention and i know you were.. Most of the NFL so called experts were pointing out that Seattle was the team to beat in the NFC, especially after beating New England in New England and then they go out an and lay an egg in Tampa.. what it means is that there is still a month of football to play and its too early to CROWN any team...

The best thing about the Cowboys is I don't think they care who they play. I might care, other fans might care, but i don't think they care.. their game plan doesn't change, their demeanor doesn't change, their effort doesn't change.. they will be a tough out and i don't think any team is looking forward to playing them..
Yup Ball control by keeping drives alive and scoring touchdowns not FG's in the redzone.
 
Old 11-27-2016, 07:48 PM
 
158 posts, read 49,611 times
Reputation: 72
SEATTLE is a good team, they have proven that over the last 4 years. Some teams just don't match up well against other teams. Dallas went into Seattle 2 years ago and basically beat them down in the trenches. I think the Dallas O Line can handle the Seattle front 4
 
Old 11-27-2016, 07:57 PM
 
2,286 posts, read 1,510,388 times
Reputation: 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Today was the 3rd time the season where the offense could not score more than 7 pts and the 2nd time the defense gave up 14 pts or more on the road. And this is the team that is supposed to be a threat to the Cowboys in January? The way they are playing I don't think they will even see the Cowboys in January.
There's plenty of time.
 
Old 11-27-2016, 07:58 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,605 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
SEATTLE is a good team, they have proven that over the last 4 years. Some teams just don't match up well against other teams. Dallas went into Seattle 2 years ago and basically beat them down in the trenches. I think the Dallas O Line can handle the Seattle front 4
And that was in seattle by scoring 30 pts without Dak and Zeke so I can't even imagine what would happen in Dallas with a better QB and RB.
 
Old 11-27-2016, 08:53 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
4,209 posts, read 2,827,100 times
Reputation: 4497
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Today was the 3rd time the season where the offense could not score more than 7 pts and the 2nd time the defense gave up 14 pts or more on the road. And this is the team that is supposed to be a threat to the Cowboys in January? The way they are playing I don't think they will even see the Cowboys in January.
Oh my god...

Is giving up 14 points now such an albatross? Really? Is this how you're making your argument?

Those 14 points they allowed today still means they are the #1 scoring defense in the NFL. By the way, you do realize that the most points they've allowed this season is 25, right? And that's playing top tier offensive teams like Atlanta, New England, and New Orleans. Your strawman argument was just obliterated to pieces...

I must be hearing different analysts speak, because for a solid month now, I've heard the Dallas Cowboys mentioned as the team to beat, not Seattle. Analysts say that Seattle is a threat, but very few, even in NFL.com, say Seattle is the team to beat in the NFC...

I for one will enjoy watching the Cowboys get whipped, and that's not an emotional statement. Anybody who does it will suffice, I juse feel like Seattle has the best odds. There is a clear Seattle bias on this board...

This dude really said 14 points...
 
Old 11-27-2016, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
4,209 posts, read 2,827,100 times
Reputation: 4497
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
And that was in seattle by scoring 30 pts without Dak and Zeke so I can't even imagine what would happen in Dallas with a better QB and RB.
This is funny commentary. You seem to have a pattern of ignoring deductive reasoning, so I'll leave a presumed Cowboys/Seahawks match alone after this. This Cowboys team has entered the toughest part of their schedule. Facts: through the first nine games of their schedule, the Cowboys played exactly TWO teams that came into the game with a winning record--Green Bay (3-1) and Philadelphia (4-2). 12 weeks into the season, we now know that the Packers are a bad football team that looked bad in that game, and the Eagles started hot but have only won one game since then...

However, since the Baltimore game, every other team on the docket has a winning record besides Philly. They passed the first two tests (Baltimore and Washington), and I don't think they will nosedive, but there is plenty of cause to believe they are getting ready to drop a couple. Especially after the Redskins game--if the Redskins make ONE stop in the second half, they win the game, because they moved the ball at will on Dallas, and conventional wisdom says if the Redskins had the ball again it would have been another touchdown. So it's okay to come down off that high horse now...

And for God's sake, all this clowning you guys are doing, yall better beat Tampa in three weeks!
 
Old 11-27-2016, 09:20 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,605 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Oh my god...

Is giving up 14 points now such an albatross? Really? Is this how you're making your argument?

Those 14 points they allowed today still means they are the #1 scoring defense in the NFL. By the way, you do realize that the most points they've allowed this season is 25, right? And that's playing top tier offensive teams like Atlanta, New England, and New Orleans. Your strawman argument was just obliterated to pieces...

I must be hearing different analysts speak, because for a solid month now, I've heard the Dallas Cowboys mentioned as the team to beat, not Seattle. Analysts say that Seattle is a threat, but very few, even in NFL.com, say Seattle is the team to beat in the NFC...

I for one will enjoy watching the Cowboys get whipped, and that's not an emotional statement. Anybody who does it will suffice, I juse feel like Seattle has the best odds. There is a clear Seattle bias on this board...

This dude really said 14 points...

After today I;m done discussing seattle and will focus my attention on the Giants who have a better record at 8-3.
 
Old 11-27-2016, 09:22 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,605 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
This is funny commentary. You seem to have a pattern of ignoring deductive reasoning, so I'll leave a presumed Cowboys/Seahawks match alone after this. This Cowboys team has entered the toughest part of their schedule. Facts: through the first nine games of their schedule, the Cowboys played exactly TWO teams that came into the game with a winning record--Green Bay (3-1) and Philadelphia (4-2). 12 weeks into the season, we now know that the Packers are a bad football team that looked bad in that game, and the Eagles started hot but have only won one game since then...

However, since the Baltimore game, every other team on the docket has a winning record besides Philly. They passed the first two tests (Baltimore and Washington), and I don't think they will nosedive, but there is plenty of cause to believe they are getting ready to drop a couple. Especially after the Redskins game--if the Redskins make ONE stop in the second half, they win the game, because they moved the ball at will on Dallas, and conventional wisdom says if the Redskins had the ball again it would have been another touchdown. So it's okay to come down off that high horse now...

And for God's sake, all this clowning you guys are doing, yall better beat Tampa in three weeks!
I;m sure they will not have a problem beating tampa because they are always in the redzone which means 3 pts or 7 pts. This season in the redzone, 36 TD;s and 19 FG's while Seattle has 20 FG;s and 20 TD's in the redzone this season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top