Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 10:55 PM

812 posts, read 736,259 times

Advertisements

The Raiders are probably the biggest threat to the Pats in the AFC at this point. Their offense has been great but their defense is still a question mark at best. It's unlikely the Raiders will have a higher seed then the Patriots, due to the fact that they have a tougher schedule going forward. Can David Carr beat Tom Brady in the playoffs in New England? Maybe....but not likely. The Ravens are another possibility, they always play New England very tough, but this is not the team of even two years ago.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:16 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,619,238 times
The Ravens are NOT a good football team. I watched their TNF game against Cleveland and any good team would have blown them out that day. There were grumbling about Harbaugh's job in the four-game losing streak, but the fact the division is so tightly contested will keep him his job. But make no mistake, they are only a threat to teams within that division. They are not a good football team. And that defense is overrated. I've watched them play three times this year (Washington, Cleveland, Dallas). It's a case study in how the stats (#2 ranked D) cover for the holes and don't tell the whole story. Probably one of the better defenses in the league, sure, but they ARE NOT #2 great...

Old 11-25-2016, 09:51 AM

1,281 posts, read 776,015 times
seattle will likely have to go to Dallas which means they are not a lock to make the SB out of the NFC.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:01 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
seattle will likely have to go to Dallas which means they are not a lock to make the SB out of the NFC.
Sure looks like Cowboys or Seahawks out of NFC and you are right homefield will have a lot to do with deciding that outcome.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:03 AM

1,281 posts, read 776,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Sure looks like Cowboys or Seahawks out of NFC and you are right homefield will have a lot to do with deciding that outcome.
And most times the Seattle defense is average when playing on the road.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:09 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Rooting for Dak to be the fourth black QB in the last five years. Still holding out hope that Tyrod is the 5th.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:11 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
If anyone could handle the pressure of playing in Seattle too I would say it would be Dak from what I have seen this year.

Old 11-25-2016, 01:29 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,619,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
And most times the Seattle defense is average when playing on the road.
I love how everybody is riding this Cowboys gravy train. The Redskins have played them tougher than any team they've faced this year. Let's look at a few things we learned from the Redskins games: if your team can score points with Dallas, AND your team doesn't beat themselves, and your defense can make some stops, AND your defense can force turnovers, Dallas can be beat, and it isn't nearly as difficult as it looks at first glance...

Washington is a team on the rise, which means we aren't mature enough to master how to beat great teams yet, and that's okay. I know the Skins have far exceeded expectations that all the talking heads had for us this year. There are, however, a handful of teams that match up VERY well with Dallas and Dallas would have to play better than they played yesterday to beat them:

-If a game turns into a shootout, who can score points with Dallas? Seattle, Atlanta, Washington...
-which teams don't typically beat themselves with untimely penalties, turnovers, or coaching mistakes? Again Seattle (they are undisciplined on D at times but they don't turn the ball over and have the second best coach in the league); Detroit is actually pretty good here; again Atlanta...
-whose defense excels at making stops and forcing turnovers? Seattle without a doubt, Detroit's has been very good in the fourth quarter, the Giants, and the Vikings (although they've struggled in recent weeks)...

Seattle is the only team that checks off every box. Dallas may be favored in a head-to-head in Dallas, but most people with good football sense would expect Seattle to win. We can create a list explaining why, or we can simplify it by just saying the book is out on how to beat Dallas, and Seattle has more tools in the shed than anybody. People lament how Seattle's defense has slipped this year, and yet, they are still currently #9 in what has honestly been a bad NFL year for defense. They get off the field in critical situations, force turnovers, rush the passer, and give up the fewest points in the league--again. That interception Ihenacho dropped yesterday in the 2ND quarter--Seattle is making that play and catching that pick. Richard Sherman is a much better player than Josh Norman, honestly we could go plsyer for player on the advantages rge Seahawks would have. We're not even gonna talk about their offense and the matchups advantages they have over Dallas' D. The Cowboys won't face a defense that deep and talented in the regular season...

All of the teams I mentioned have the potential to beat Dallas, but Seattle represents by far the biggest threat. I wholeheartedly look forward to a Seattle-Dallas matchup and watching the Hawks whip em silly. Hopefully they lose before then, but you guys are crazy. Dallas has the best record in the league but I'm not shooing them in as NFC Champions and I certainly don't think they can beat Seattle. Unless Seattle nosedive these last six weeks (extraordinarily unlikely), Seattle is my pick no matter who has home field advantage...

Last edited by murksiderock; 11-25-2016 at 01:38 PM..

Old 11-25-2016, 02:35 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times
Curses are breaking lately with Cavs & Cubs winning. So, I'm going with the Detroit Lions who have won 6 of their last 7. Stafford is playing clutch. Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland would form the perfect Midwest triangle.

Old 11-25-2016, 02:36 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Rooting for Dak to be the fourth black QB in the last five years. Still holding out hope that Tyrod is the 5th.
I am simply hoping the Dak becomes the 4th Cowboys QB to lead his team to a Super Bowl, i never even thought about his skin color..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football