U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Should the NFL stop playing games outside the USA?
Yes 28 77.78%
No 8 22.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-12-2018, 12:03 PM
 
929 posts, read 296,681 times
Reputation: 799

Advertisements

Well at least it has been cut from four to three games next year. This was getting out of control this season with the fourth game.

 
Old 04-19-2018, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
Reputation: 12484
NFL announces times, dates for 2018 London games - NFL.com

These games aren't going away apparently and there is a 4th game in Mexico.

Well at least it has been cut from four to three games next year. This was getting out of control this season with fourth game.

This season's Mexico City game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Rams will take place on Nov. 19 at 8:15 p.m. ET.

Last edited by susancruzs; 04-19-2018 at 06:04 PM..
 
Old 04-20-2018, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,638 posts, read 33,429,727 times
Reputation: 32362
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
NFL announces times, dates for 2018 London games - NFL.com

These games aren't going away apparently and there is a 4th game in Mexico.

Well at least it has been cut from four to three games next year. This was getting out of control this season with fourth game.

This season's Mexico City game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Rams will take place on Nov. 19 at 8:15 p.m. ET.
At least these aren’t division games. I’d be furious as a Panthers fan if they wanted us to play a NFC South game overseas when home field advantage means so much with the rivalry.
 
Old 04-26-2018, 07:02 AM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
Reputation: 12484
Whoa! Wembley is for sale and Jaguars owner is interested? Would he move the team to England???

NFL Executive VP of Events and International Mark Waller: "We are very happy for Shad Khan and the Jacksonville Jaguars. The potential purchase of Wembley Stadium is a further powerful sign of their commitment to the UK and their vision to help us grow the sport."

Addition:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-jacksonville/

Last edited by susancruzs; 04-26-2018 at 07:28 AM..
 
Old 04-26-2018, 07:49 AM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,124,122 times
Reputation: 5395
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Whoa! Wembley is for sale and Jaguars owner is interested? Would he move the team to England???

NFL Executive VP of Events and International Mark Waller: "We are very happy for Shad Khan and the Jacksonville Jaguars. The potential purchase of Wembley Stadium is a further powerful sign of their commitment to the UK and their vision to help us grow the sport."

Addition:

Shad Khan: I’m buying Wembley to keep the Jaguars stable in both London and Jacksonville – ProFootballTalk
Not sure if I should say "Wow"... or "Blimey"!
 
Old 04-26-2018, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
Reputation: 12484
Blimey works, Colt! Enjoy the draft!
 
Old 10-21-2018, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
Reputation: 12484
Well, 3 games in England this year, don't think it is going away anytime soon. Week 8 has Eagles and Jaguars, not a bad game, both teams are doing o.k.! Apparently the Jags owner has withdrawn his bid for the stadium.

Jaguars owner Shahid Khan withdraws offer to buy Wembley Stadium | NFL | Sporting News
 
Old 10-21-2018, 08:05 AM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,124,122 times
Reputation: 5395
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Well, 3 games in England this year, don't think it is going away anytime soon. Week 8 has Eagles and Jaguars, not a bad game, both teams are doing o.k.! Apparently the Jags owner has withdrawn his bid for the stadium.

Jaguars owner Shahid Khan withdraws offer to buy Wembley Stadium | NFL | Sporting News
Incredible. I'm guessing that's next... if and when NFL owners begin buying stadiums in Great Britain. That's when the NFL will begin to send its full-blown invasion of American football. That should kind of make up for what the Brits did to America with the Beatles!
 
Old 10-21-2018, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
Reputation: 12484
Ahhh, the 60's British invasion to America's rock n roll! I had a British pen pal in those days, and first hand Beatle info!

Now I wish I would have saved all those teen magazines she sent me!

I'm still waiting for Packers to go overseas, tricky because of their popularity, none of the road game teams want to give up a Packer game, which is a guarantee to sell seats!
 
Old 10-28-2018, 07:58 PM
 
16,527 posts, read 20,972,483 times
Reputation: 47970
Way too many off topic posts here.



Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top