Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 06:01 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,167 times

Advertisements

Romo has a press conference this evening and will now be supporting Dak Prescott as the starter

Tony Romo of Dallas Cowboys says he accepts backup role, but wants to play
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 06:24 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,609,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Romo has a press conference this evening and will now be supporting Dak Prescott as the starter

Tony Romo of Dallas Cowboys says he accepts backup role, but wants to play
Stay ready, Tony.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:24 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
got to admit that romo is a class act.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:15 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Romo's play was always questionable but his team player attitude and professionalism has never been a question. It sucks that his Dallas career will likely end with him on the bench but maybe it ends with a ring.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:59 PM

24,394 posts, read 23,050,809 times
I have to say that as an Eagles fan, we want you back in the game, Tony! If only you hadn't gotten hurt the Cowboys would probably be 4 and 5 now. Or 3 and 6.
The guy is smart enough to see the handwriting on the wall. He's gotten as far as he could and was lucky enough to get paid what he got and now if he still gets the money for sitting it out, more power to him. I always said the Cowboys would never get to the SuperBowl with him as QB and I am worried they might get there now without him. it must be hard on him, but its harder on me.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:05 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
His time in Dallas is over. Barring injury, Dak has the job for a long, long, time, and rightfully so, because he earned it. Personally, I agree with Louis Riddick saying the Cowboys have lightning in a bottle, and not just this year. They will win a Super Bowl with Dak and Elliott as long as there's a competent team around them. Dak Prescott's growth is going to be fun to watch...

I was always a Romo fan, since he took over in '06. I always thought people were a little hard on him, and he didn't always do himself any favors with some truly backbreaking mistakes, but he is a very good quarterback and always has been. A few short years ago he was one of the best in the league. There will be a home for him; too many teams need a QB. I truly believe we could 'possibly' be getting ready to see Peyton Manning 2.0...leaving Dallas will be emotional but he will have plenty of suitors, and he'll pick a team that looks close to taking that next step, like Peyton did in '12. And if he gets on with a legitimate contender and stays healthy, I'd love to see Tony Romo win a Super Bowl. He is a class act and he deserves it...

Denver, Houston, Arizona, Minnesota--maybe Miami depending on how much they believe in Tannehill after this year. But these are the teams with competitive rosters that maybe adding Romo would push them into being a true championship contender, and you know he will go to a team that already is competitive...

Last edited by murksiderock; 11-16-2016 at 04:19 AM..

Old 11-16-2016, 07:42 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,800 times
As a Redskins fan, I have nothing but respect for Romo. He has been the best QB in the east for nearly the last decade, but never had a complete team around him. I feel bad for Tony, he deserves to be under center for an 8-1 team.

Dak has played really well thus far, but let's face it...he's mostly a game manager. Prescott's primary job is to turn around and hand it off to Zeke. With Romo, the playbook is WIDE open.

But I wouldn't mess with the chemistry at this point in the season when you're 8-1, Dallas is doing the right thing.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:45 AM

6 posts, read 3,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Romo's play was always questionable but his team player attitude and professionalism has never been a question. It sucks that his Dallas career will likely end with him on the bench but maybe it ends with a ring.

This is where posters lose me....If people are strictly speaking of his playoff record, that is subpar at 2-4, agreed. His "play" has never been questionable. He was consistently in the top 5 as far as stats. I believe he has the 1st or 2nd highest QBR in 4th Qtrs (that stat is for all the people who throw the "choke" term out there). As a starter he is 29 games over .500 at 78-49....That is not the stat line of a "questionable" QB

Old 11-16-2016, 09:15 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
i think romo retires at the end of this season, or perhaps next season after a season as the back up for dallas. though it is possible that he might go to another team for a few seasons, i think his peak was 2014. had he been healthy in 2015 he might have taken the cowboys to a super bowl win, assuming that bryant also stayed healthy.

i also believe that had he stayed healthy this season, dallas would be right where they are now, perhaps even being 9-0 since he would not have made the mistakes dak, and williams made in the giants game. but that is speculation.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:52 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,614,526 times
Class act he is and many players could learn from his gracious presser yesterday. I wish him success and actually would hope he doesn't play anymore, with the list of injuries he's had. I know players want to play, but big picture, consider your health and the rest of your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football