Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 11:39 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,563 times

Advertisements

Happy Thanksgiving to all posters on City Data Forum. Thanksgiving is on Thursday so here are my picks for Thanksgiving.
Vikings @ Detroit
Redskins @ Cowboys
Steelers @ Colts
Falcons @ Cardinals
Giants @ Browns
49ers @ Dolphins
Rams @ Saints
Seahawks @ Buccaneers
Titans @ Bears
Jaguars @ Bills
Bengals @ Ravens
Chargers @ Texans
Panthers @ Raiders
Patriots @ Jets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 06:32 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,460,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all posters on City Data Forum. Thanksgiving is on Thursday so here are my picks for Thanksgiving.
Vikings @ Detroit
Redskins @ Cowboys
Steelers @ Colts
Falcons @ Cardinals
Giants @ Browns
49ers @ Dolphins
Rams @ Saints
Seahawks @ Buccaneers
Titans @ Bears
Jaguars @ Bills
Bengals @ Ravens
Chargers @ Texans
Panthers @ Raiders
Patriots @ Jets
Happy Thanksgiving, Ashbeck! Who are you picking in the Sunday Night Football game? It is Chiefs @ Broncos? And who are you picking in the Monday Night Football game? It is Packers @ Eagles. This will be the first time since Week 3 that there is a full slate of games with no bye weeks.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:08 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Jonathan! Just a note, Cardinals are at Falcons Week 12 according to NFL.com.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:56 AM

Vikings @ Lions
Redskins @ Cowboys - tempted to pick the Redskins here but I'll go with the Cowboys at home!
Steelers @ Colts
Titans
@ Bears
Jaguars @ Bills
Bengals @ Ravens
Cardinals @ Falcons
Giants
@ Browns
Rams @ Saints
49ers @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Texans
Seahawks
@ Buccaneers
Patriots @ Jets
Panthers @ Raiders
Chiefs
@ Broncos
Packers @ Eagles - I know, I know but Colt says I have to stick with my homer pick! Go Pack Go!

No Byes, this will be 177 games out of 256 and Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Enjoy!

Old 11-22-2016, 08:39 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,460,587 times
The NFL has done a lot wrong this season, but I must say that the schedule for Week 12 is pretty good. I'm actually interested in watching all three Thanksgiving games, as well as Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football for the first time this season. And all the games are in the USA to boot. Well done, Goodell!

Vikings @ Lions-Back in Week 9 Lions beat Vikes in Minnesota in OT, so Vikes will have revenge on their minds. The winner will take the lead in the NFC North, so the stakes are high. I predict a close game with the Lions winning with a field goal at the end of regulation after another missed extra point by a Minnesota kicker. I think the Vikes should win this, but I gotta go with Detroit on Turkey Day out of tradition.

Redskins @ Cowboys-This is more a wishful thinking pick. The last time the Cowboys lost was way back in Week 1 to a divisional foe at home, so let's hope it happens again. Redskins are playing pretty well. Maybe they can catch Dallas on a short week. Dak has to have a bad game eventually, and I'd be thankful to see them get killed by the Skins just to see what Jerry Jones would do. Would one bad loss be enough to replace Dak with Romo? I'd love to see that QB controversy.

Steelers @ Colts-This was slated to be a shootout. Without Luck, Scott Tolzien will be under center. It should still be entertaining watching Big Ben go for the record books though. The last 500-yard passing game in the NFL was Big Ben passing for 522 yards against the Colts in 2014. Colts defense hasn't gotten any better since then.

Cardinals @ Falcons-I'm not high on the Falcons and still expect a late-season meltdown, but the Cards are having a rough season. Their only wins are against the Bucs, Jets, and my dumpster-fire Niners twice. I don't see them beating the Falcons, who are coming off a bye week, in the Georgia Dome.

Giants @ Browns-This will be surprisingly close, but the difference is the Giants know how to win close games and the Browns can't buy a win.

49ers @ Dolphins-After winning 2 games on the West Coast, Da Finz are rewarded with the gift of playing my Niners at home. It should be an easy win.

Rams @ Saints-Rams are a good road team, but they haven't scored over 10 points since Week 6. Saints are notorious for putting points on the board. Maybe if Jeff Fisher would take the wheels off the offense and let Goff go off the Rams would have a chance. That's not happening though, and I think the Saints offense will be too much for the Rams defense.

Seahawks @ Buccaneers-Tampa Bay is coming off an impressive win at Arrowhead, but they're 1-4 at home. I think Russell Wilson will smoke a Winston!

Titans @ Bears-I was going to pick Da Bears, but then I remember the Titans will be going up against Matt Barkley instead of Jay Cutler.

Jaguars @ Bills-I don't usually get Bills games right, but I feel pretty confident about this pick with the lowly Jags coming to town.

Bengals @ Ravens-I keep picking the Bengals to start winning so they can inevitably make it to the playoffs and lose in the first round again. With Bernard and Green injured, I don't see them beating the Ravens on the road.

Chargers @ Texans-I don't think Houston is a good football team, but they are 1 of 3 football teams who are undefeated at home this year. I'll take them for that reason alone.

Panthers @ Raiders-I'm not sold on the Raiders and still believe the Panthers will find a way to get back in the playoff hunt, so this is my upset special of the week.

Patriots @ Jets-As if the Pats needed any more help, they get the 49ers and Jets in consecutive weeks.

Chiefs @ Broncos-I'll take the Broncos at home off a bye week every time.

Packers @ Eagles-I'd like to see the Pack win this, but they've been terrible lately. Eagles are undefeated at home this year, and Wentz will have a field day against that weak secondary.

Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the games!!!

Last edited by maniac77; 11-22-2016 at 09:00 AM..

Old 11-22-2016, 10:42 AM

It appears Cutler will be out the rest of the season. Does anyone think he will be in Chicago next year? I've always felt Cutler like Stafford was always in need of a strong system and QB coach.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving, Ashbeck! Who are you picking in the Sunday Night Football game? It is Chiefs @ Broncos? And who are you picking in the Monday Night Football game? It is Packers @ Eagles. This will be the first time since Week 3 that there is a full slate of games with no bye weeks.
Chiefs @ Broncos
Packers @ Eagles
Thanks, Maniac! I forgot two of them. Last year I forgot to pick between Pittsburgh and Seatle. Good catch! There are a few times when I do forget to pick certain teams.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Vikings @ Lions
Redskins @ Cowboys - tempted to pick the Redskins here but I'll go with the Cowboys at home!
Steelers @ Colts
Titans
@ Bears
Jaguars @ Bills
Bengals @ Ravens
Cardinals @ Falcons
Giants
@ Browns
Rams @ Saints
49ers @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Texans
Seahawks
@ Buccaneers
Patriots @ Jets
Panthers @ Raiders
Chiefs
@ Broncos
Packers @ Eagles - I know, I know but Colt says I have to stick with my homer pick! Go Pack Go!

No Byes, this will be 177 games out of 256 and Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Enjoy!
You know, Susan, you don't always have to pick Green Bay and I picked Philadelphia and there would be wno way that they would get by them in Philadelphia because of how bad the Packers are.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:04 PM

I know! I want them to win a game so bad, but this year is probably lost. I want to see some signs of life from the rookies thrown in, never mind you were a 7th rounder or on the street, just do it!

Old 11-22-2016, 12:22 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Chiefs @ Broncos
Packers @ Eagles
Thanks, Maniac! I forgot two of them. Last year I forgot to pick between Pittsburgh and Seatle. Good catch! There are a few times when I do forget to pick certain teams.
We nearly decided to let you go, Jonster... but then after yet another (close) vote, you've been given a reprieve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football