U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 02:10 AM

4,211 posts, read 2,827,100 times

Advertisements

So what coaches do you guys see on the market? Which b of the presumed fired coaches do you see coaching next year?

I agree with most of the sentiments here. I hate Jeff Fisher. His coaching career should be done, as should Bradley's...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 05:10 AM

23,635 posts, read 33,424,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
So what coaches do you guys see on the market? Which b of the presumed fired coaches do you see coaching next year?

I agree with most of the sentiments here. I hate Jeff Fisher. His coaching career should be done, as should Bradley's...
The only coach that I think gets fired who will have a new HC job next year is Marvin Lewis. I think he would be the most deserving, just he should have been out of Cincy years ago.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I'd go Gus Bradley (Jacksonville), the combo of Chuck Pagano (coach) & Ryan Grigson (GM) from Indy, Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati) & Todd Bowles (Jets) getting the heave ho this off season, and than 1 or 2 surprise firings: I.e Mike McCarthy of the Packers (which shouldn't be a surprise I think GB is stale and needs a new voice but the ownership hardly ever turns over coaches), Mike Tomlin (see GB, especially if they miss playoffs in what turned out to be that awful division), Sean Peyton (Saints). I agree Fisher should be canned but I doubt he will be with Goff just starting. Hue Jackson should be safe even if they go 0-16 that team needs a coach there for more than 1 season. I think Mike McCoy should be safe too: If Gordon doesn't have those two late 4th quarter fumbles against the Saints and Rivers doesn't throw those 4 second half interceptions against the Dolphins, the Chargers are 6-4 instead of 4-6 and right in the thick of not only the AFC Wildcard race, but the AFC West race as well. Tough to blame the head coach when your 13+ year QB makes terrible decisions and your RB can't hold onto the ball.
I would be surprised if Bowles of the Jets gets fired. I think Bowles can lean on the fact that Ryan Fitzpatrick playing worse than even the Ryan Fitzpatrick of his Buffalo days was unforseeable. Think that buys him another year.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:37 AM

9,426 posts, read 7,080,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Maybe if they stopped changing quarterbacks all the time, they would not have ended up like this.
MOST of the time, it hasn't been a choice. Injuries and concussions.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:28 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,545,104 times
All the talk about Mike McCarthy is just that, talk, don't see it happening. If they lose more games, maybe, but it would still be a surprise.

The injury issue is huge, if anything, maybe the way they go about only using draft and develop could be look at but firing top people, just don't see it.

Fans talk about them going into a rebuild, what??? They've been to the playoffs 7 years in a row (Pats also have 7 playoff trips), Rodgers is 33, give me a break. I'm still in the this team will be fine camp, regardless of how the season ends up.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
MOST of the time, it hasn't been a choice. Injuries and concussions.
Exactly, no coach would play six QBs in one year voluntarily.

I didn't include McCarthy because I think he is definitely safe and Ted Thompson USB more at fault for the Packers problems especially in defense.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:56 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,524 times
Cleveland isnt going to go 0-16. They will beat Cincy in two weeks in Cleveland. The Bengals are about thisclose from quitting on the season, and without their most explosive play makers and not much motivation, they will collapse. Of course, this will help get Marvin Lewis fired...

I cant agree more about the Colts. They need to fire a lot of people in that organization. Head coach and the GM must go. Especially the GM--the Colts roster seems to be regressing in front of our very eyes: Since the now infamous "deflate-gate" game vs the Pats, they look like the team has gotten significantly worse every season. They cant stop anyone, they still cant block for Luck, and they still really have only one true explosive play maker--these arent new issues.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:28 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,545,104 times
I feel bad for Luck, he has the talent but as another thread discusses, a great QB can only do so much. The GM there is bad, I couldn't believe when he said publicly, the reason for the team was Luck's contract, totally clueless.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:09 PM

357 posts, read 155,632 times
Gone
Marvin Lewis- Long overdue
Jeff Fisher- Mr 7-9
Chuck Pagano- Awful roster & team not effective last few years
Todd Bowles- Really no excuse for this team to be laying down this much
Gus Bradley- Jags let too many get away in the 4th quarter

Staying
Sean Payton- He put NO on map for first time and they've been competitive in most years. They'd be stupid to get rid of him.
Mike McCarthy- I think GB gets their act together down the stretch. Injuries have also hurt them
Mike Tomlin- They've been competitive in most years. I think they sort of get their act together with their games remaining.
Hue Jackson- He needs another year with an improved roster
Mike McCoy- Tough AFC West and they've been competitive lately
Mike Mularkey- He needs another year with this improved team
Rex Ryan- The Bills have been competitive and Ryan deserves another year

Old 11-28-2016, 09:16 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,258,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
Gone
Marvin Lewis- Long overdue
Jeff Fisher- Mr 7-9
Chuck Pagano- Awful roster & team not effective last few years
Todd Bowles- Really no excuse for this team to be laying down this much
Gus Bradley- Jags let too many get away in the 4th quarter
Jaguars just can't stay disciplined. They turn the ball over too many times which is why I believe Bradley should be fired from Jacksonville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football