U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:07 AM

1,893 posts, read 3,526,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Pay him, isn't he the one who mistimed his jump for the SB game ending interception? I believe he was, that alone takes at least 3-4 million out of his contract per year. Let him go, its what have you done for me lately, and lately he cost the Pats their SB, and a perfect season. Yeah thats right, I am putting it all on him. It helps me sleep at night.
I still wake up with cold sweats thinking about that missed interception!! He definitely cost himself money on that play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
this is the same samuel that has made interceptions to win playoff games in the past and has contributed plenty.the pats did not lose because samuel dropped that int they lost because they choked.where you one of those pats fan that said this game would be a blowout?they choked big time!
If you want to get paid like the best CB in the league then you need to make plays like the best CB in the league. The best CB (whomever that may be) would've made that play and by not, Asante Samuel (no S) cost himself some $$$.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:38 AM

582 posts, read 1,829,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
If you want to get paid like the best CB in the league then you need to make plays like the best CB in the league. The best CB (whomever that may be) would've made that play and by not, Asante Samuel (no S) cost himself some $$$.
he hasn't cost himself any money he's gonna cash in somewhere else.he's gonna get paid because of what he's done over the years and it's well deserved.the pats lost because they choked and the perfect season don't mean diddly squat.the samuels int just happens to be one of many mistakes the pats made during the choke.how about hobbs getting beat easy for the go ahead td i mean easy.belicheat got outcoached so there were a number of mistakes that piled up during the biggest choke in sports history.the yankees would be second losing 4 in a row to the bosox.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:46 AM

I'm not arguing that the Pats should've won that game and didn't play well enough to win. Hobbs got beat, never said he didn't. Belichek and Josh McDaniels did not have a good game plan coming in. None of this is being argued. Your wrong about this being the biggest choke. Other teams have been favored by more and lost. The Yankees being up 3 games to none in the 04 ALCS and losing the series is by far the worst choke.

Asante Samuel cost himself money by not coming up big in that situation. That was the point.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:07 AM

582 posts, read 1,829,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
I'm not arguing that the Pats should've won that game and didn't play well enough to win. Hobbs got beat, never said he didn't. Belichek and Josh McDaniels did not have a good game plan coming in. None of this is being argued. Your wrong about this being the biggest choke. Other teams have been favored by more and lost. The Yankees being up 3 games to none in the 04 ALCS and losing the series is by far the worst choke.

Asante Samuel cost himself money by not coming up big in that situation. That was the point.
how has he cost himself money? he is going to get paid in full somewhere else.even if he made the int the patsies aren't paying him they don't pay anyone.18-0 and lose the final game is by far the biggest choke ever in sports history,18-0 for nothing it's worthless.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:22 AM

It's a subjective argument. He will get paid, probably overpaid, that's not a knock on him but on the CB market being weak. The Pats won't pay him, you're right. Their philosophy on keeping players/acquiring players has worked pretty well. They are the defining team of this decade.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Being 1 out away from the AL Championship and then losing that game and the next 3 is bigger.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:20 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,660,721 times
Quote:
patsies aren't paying him they don't pay anyone.
Last time I checked, Brady isn't having to go out and get a 2nd job. They just know how to use their money, and their talent.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:45 PM

240 posts, read 1,194,443 times
Quote:
the guy did his job and should get what he's worth.i don't know if that is what he is worth but if it is pay the man.
To be honest, when it counted most he dropped a sure INT in the Supe which would have sealed the deal. He even admitted to the "Patriot Report' that a big time top notch corner makes that play. Sorry Asante, enjoy your time below sealevel in NO.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:50 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,206,246 times
Never mind the question .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football