U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 07:49 PM

1,281 posts, read 507,114 times

Advertisements

Like Skip Bayless says, Romo is a High Risk/High Reward type of QB. After 10 years I definitely seen enough and ready to move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 08:16 PM

5,683 posts, read 4,239,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Contrary to popular or ESPN belief, Romo is not a turnover machine. Especially later in his career.
Well it really depends on your definition of turnover machine. I watch very little ESPN but i have seen every Romo game and he does turn the ball over more than you would want, at least more than i would want.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:14 PM

158 posts, read 49,811 times
Since 2006, when Romo started playing regularly, he has 117 Ints....in that same period, Ben R has 135....Eli has 185 Ints....Brees has 163....Rivers has 148
This theory of Romo being a turnover machine is not backed by actual facts

Old 12-06-2016, 10:29 PM

1,281 posts, read 507,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Since 2006, when Romo started playing regularly, he has 117 Ints....in that same period, Ben R has 135....Eli has 185 Ints....Brees has 163....Rivers has 148
I think the problem with Romo's interceptions was they were mostly in the redzone.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:50 PM

9,423 posts, read 17,436,581 times
I like Romo a lot but don't think Denver's problem is the QB as much as it is the OL. That's not a new problem for them, btw. And no QB needs a good OL more than Romo.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:41 AM

5,683 posts, read 4,239,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
I think the problem with Romo's interceptions was they were mostly in the redzone.
Either that or its the timing of them.. He did throw that last minute (end zone) interception against the Giants in the 2007 Playoffs.... He threw multiple interceptions in the season finale against the Redskins a few years back which would have won them the division. To be fair, the Cowboys have not played in a ton of meaningful games during Romo's career and he certainly never had much of a supporting cast. On a better team, we might be putting Romo in the same category as Brees or Rodgers.. hard to say. Like I said, I love Romo but he certainly has given me more than one heartache over the years!

If he ends up on another team, it would tickle me to NO END to see him have success and even more so if he were to win a Super BOwl.. (unless of course he were to beat the Cowboys in the SB). I have always had a special place in my heart for Cowboys, and continue to root for them even ones that go on to play for other teams. Watching DeMarcus Ware and the Broncos win the Super Bowl last year was about as good as i have felt on Super Sunday in over 20 years!

Old 12-07-2016, 06:07 AM

4,990 posts, read 11,078,592 times
Quote:
I don't think Romo is a turnover machine but it isn't a good idea to compare him to other QB's like those above

Since 2006 Romo has missed 33 games

Brees has missed 2

Rivers has missed 0

Eli has missed 0

Ben has missed 12

Romo has played 2 less seasons than those first 3 guys and more than a season less than Ben due to injuries...THAT is the problem with Romo

Old 12-07-2016, 08:33 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,439,706 times
If the Cowboys beat the Giants this Sunday, you'll likely get to see Romo play in a few final games. The Cowboys will all but have everything wrapped up and will likely rest some of it's starters on a rotation type basis. I am lifelong Cowboys fan and do believe Romo was one of the most underrated QB's in NFL history. He did things on the field few could do. I believe the Cowboys are 12-0 with a healthy 2013-2014 Romo right now. He never had the protection Dak has, not even close! Dak would never be where he is without the O-line he has. That said, when you're rolling, you don't mess it up with changes. I still say the Cowboys would have their best true run at a SB win this year with Romo, but we all know baring an injury, that is not happening.

I also believe Romo will retire. He's just too fragile and any hit he takes will yield a season ending injury.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:18 AM

158 posts, read 49,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I don't think Romo is a turnover machine but it isn't a good idea to compare him to other QB's like those above

Since 2006 Romo has missed 33 games

Brees has missed 2

Rivers has missed 0

Eli has missed 0

Ben has missed 12

Romo has played 2 less seasons than those first 3 guys and more than a season less than Ben due to injuries...THAT is the problem with Romo

Set the record straight....I was pointing out one stat about the turnovers....I am not talking durability or any "comparison" of talent or anything like that....I was just pointing out the notion of "choke"....If you look at the actual numbers, he doesn't turn the ball over any more than the other top QBs out there....as far as "choking", people seem to forget is Romo has the highest or 2nd highest QBR in the 4th Qtr of games....in history. Now before you go off and talk about the SB rings or playoff success, I am not getting into right now comparing a Romo with an Eli or Brees, etc....I am just stating this "choke" moniker for him really doesn't apply

Old 12-07-2016, 11:17 AM

4,218 posts, read 2,850,740 times
Quote:
Set the record straight....I was pointing out one stat about the turnovers....I am not talking durability or any "comparison" of talent or anything like that....I was just pointing out the notion of "choke"....If you look at the actual numbers, he doesn't turn the ball over any more than the other top QBs out there....as far as "choking", people seem to forget is Romo has the highest or 2nd highest QBR in the 4th Qtr of games....in history. Now before you go off and talk about the SB rings or playoff success, I am not getting into right now comparing a Romo with an Eli or Brees, etc....I am just stating this "choke" moniker for him really doesn't apply
While I also done belive Romo is a choker, you're ignoring two critical facts in your argument, this you are not giving a complete argument or painting a full picture:

1-you cannot throw his total turnovers our there without mentioning the fact that he's played in far fewer games than his best contemporaries. I'm this case, durability is pertinent to the topic at hand and you can't just choose to brush it under the table...
2-the perception of Romo as a choke is not with our merit, even if on the whole it's not totally accurate. Romo has played poorly in some very big games,, not just one or two, but a list of them. Has a he played outstanding in big games as well? Sure, but then he's also played outstanding and killed the game with a turnover a the end ('13 versus Broncos being the most recent I remember). So it isn't like the rap on Romo is completely unfounded...

You have a very up-and-down football analysis, that's not quite characteristic of a student of the game. Very sketchy. Maybe Harry Potter is more your field of expertise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or