U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 01:49 PM

4,989 posts, read 11,074,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
I am a Cowboy fan and a big Romo supporter. That being said, as another team, I am not giving up a 1 or a 2 for him. I am not a salary cap guru, but isn't Romo due something like $20 mil next year? If Dallas trades him to say Buffalo, they would have to pick up that salary. I think JJ feels some loyalty to Romo and may end up just cutting him after June 1 to save some salary $$$$. Then Romo can go sign anywhere he wants
I think Dallas cutting him to save cap room and thus allowing Romo to get the best deal with the team he chooses is how this will likely play out as well.

Bills gave up a number 1 for Bledsoe 14 years ago but Bledsoe was a lot younger than Romo and didn't have the same injury history...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 02:58 PM

4,893 posts, read 3,984,171 times
I would not want Romo. He is like a high mileage used car that is out of parts, and held together with sawdust in the crankcase
Or maybe like a hand me down shirt you find at the 49 cent store that is good for one wear, but will fall apart the first time it gets washed

Kind of like the damaged goods that are on the discount shelf, yeah, some of them were once nice items, but now they have cracks and dings, may look good for a minute or from a certain angle, but really has little value

Like when we were kids and we broke my grandma's vase, we tried to glue it together, but when she put it on the table and put water in it, it sprung a leak and shot water all over the French toasts

Romo is one injury away from ending his career for good

Look what happened in preseason.....not even a hard hit put him out for months

Behind a team with a weaker offensive line, which at last count, was ALL Of them, he is going to get hit more often. And the next hit could be his last, sadly.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:52 PM

32,530 posts, read 26,424,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Which is what I said like 6 years ago.

Listen, I remember how exciting it was when he came off the bench and did so good that first game.
But I looked at him and said, "No. This dude is not your franchise QB. Start looking to recruit a new young guy you can build on."
I can forgive the next 2 seasons based on excitement and poor O line and all that...but they waited WAY too freakin' long to recruit a young hot guy they can build a team around for years to come.
i disagree. romo didnt have a decent running game, thus they were a one dimensional offense for most of romos career. they also had a defense that was rather lacking for number of years. romo did well over his career given what he had to work with. over that time dallas built their offense, the problem though was that they would spend a lot of money getting players that didnt pan out. now that they have decided to spend their money wisely, and it is paying off already, romo is at the end of his career.

perhaps the front office needed to learn these lessons though.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:22 PM

7,559 posts, read 11,910,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Behind a team with a weaker offensive line, which at last count, was ALL Of them, he is going to get hit more often. And the next hit could be his last, sadly.
Yep, this. ^

Old 12-08-2016, 08:55 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,865,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Thats a huge price to pay for just making the playoffs. I'd go no higher than 3rd. You guys will get a top 15 pick most likely. Why not draft a young qb?
Maybe top 15. Also maybe 16-19 range. They still got a realistic shot at a 9-7 finish. I'm sure we will draft a QB just don't know if they'll br any good. Outside of the top one or two guys off the board it's a crap shoot.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:06 PM

6,847 posts, read 7,909,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Bring him to Buffalo!
Buffalo doesn't need Romo. It needs Cowher as HC. Or some kind of miracle. Or both......

Why stop there....Yes... A complete overhaul.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:41 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,138,175 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or