U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 01:09 PM

21,224 posts, read 30,452,593 times

Advertisements

Week 14 Picks:

Raiders @ Chiefs – Chiefs find a way at home

Steelers @ Bills – Desperate Bills get it done
Broncos @ Titans – Titans pass rush the difference
Redskins @ Eagles – Fading Eagles lose another
Cardinals @ Dolphins – Pissed off Fins roll
Chargers @ Panthers – Chargers roll demoralized Panthers
Bengals @ Browns – Bengals feeling good after last week, win again
Bears @ Lions – Lions again
Texans @ Colts – Texans fade more
Vikings @ Jaguars – Jags lose another one by 7
Jets @ 49ers – Does anyone really care?
Falcons @ Rams – Matty Ice airs out another one
Saints @ Buccaneers – Brees pulls out the must win
Seahawks @ Packers – Pack cools off the Seahawks

Cowboys @ Giants – Giants in an upset
Ravens @ Patriots – New look Ravens in a close one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 08:07 PM

6,551 posts, read 4,506,707 times
Last week: 10-5
Overall: 119-71

Raiders @ Chiefs. About time we had a good Thursday night game (or what should be a good game). I've been off the Chiefs for the last couple weeks after that awful home loss to Tampa a few weeks ago, but I think they complete the sweep of the Raiders.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:09 PM

6,847 posts, read 7,908,483 times
Oak @ KC (will get the rest in later).

Old 12-07-2016, 10:09 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,864,691 times
Got to go with the Chiefs over the Raiders.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:32 AM

4,891 posts, read 3,983,242 times
Tonight Thursday

Raiders at CHIEFS The Chefs keep Coach Reid well fed while the Black Hole finds the first road loss of the year. Finally a Thursday night game worth watching. About time.

The rest of the Picks, along with jokes, quips, commentary, will be added later. I will also go back and count my stats which is probably barely over 500 like many teams in the NFL

Old 12-08-2016, 06:24 AM

6,781 posts, read 10,189,360 times
Chiefs
Steelers
Bengals
Lions
Broncos
Colts
Cardinals
Eagles
Panthers
Jaguars
49ers
Packers
Falcons
Bucs
Cowboys
Patriots

Old 12-08-2016, 07:05 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,060,574 times
It should be a great week for football with Raiders-Chiefs tonight, Cowboys-Giants Sunday night, and Ravens-Patriots Monday night. I think this will be the toughest week of picking so far.

Raiders @ Chiefs-Raiders are the ultimate road warriors. They've won in New Orleans, Tennessee, Baltimore, Florida twice, as well as Mexico D.F. They even started winning in Oakland recently. In fact, the last loss the Raiders suffered was at home to the Chiefs. A trip to Arrowhead on Thursday Night Football presents the biggest challenge for the Raiders so far. They seem up to it to me, and this game should be really close and highly entertaining. The Chiefs last five games have been decided by 5 points or less, and I think the Raiders will be prepared enough for Andy Reid's gimmick plays to get the win for AFC West supremacy.

Steelers @ Bills-I'm not good at picking Bills game, but I like the Steelers to rise to the occasion here to jump ahead of the Ravens in the AFC North. Steelers were my pick to win the AFC this year. That's looking like a stupid pick, but I like their chances of winning the AFC North.

Broncos @ Titans-Yes, I remember the Titans are coming off a bye week in addition to being the home team and in playoff contention, but I refuse to count the Broncos out with their excellent defense no matter who is under center.

Redskins @ Eagles-Eagles are tough at home. I just think the Redskins will be a tad hungrier given that they're still very much in playoff contention. If the Eagles win out, they'll be 9-7, and I don't think that will be good enough to make the playoffs.

Cardinals @ Dolphins-I'll take the Fins at home. They were awful last week in Baltimore, but they're a much better team at home. Cards finally got a win against a quality opponent last week, but they've been largely disappointing this season.

Chargers @ Panthers-There will be no playoff implications for this one, so I'll take the Panthers at home in a shootout. This might be a dumb pick considering the woodshed beating Panthers received in Seattle last week.

Bengals @ Browns-Will this be the week? Conditions are ripe for an upset in this intense Battle of Ohio. RGIII might be coming back and Browns are the home team coming off a bye week. Bengals aren't that great this year and have key injuries. But, then again, who am I kidding? This is the Browns and they'll invent a new way to lose a football game if they have to.

Bears @ Lions-Lions have done so much winning this season that it's hard to believe they lost to DA Bears earlier this season. I think there will be a different result at home against Matt Barkley and predict that no 4th-quarter comeback will be needed this week.

Texans @ Colts-It has been almost a month since the Texans last win, but they took over ownership of the AFC South from the Colts and will go undefeated in the division like the Colts used to do. I credit the Colts awesomeness on Monday night mostly to the Jets and their matador defense.

Vikings @ Jaguars-Picking against the Jags right now is the smart pick since they haven't won a football game in almost 2 months.

Jets @ 49ers-Wow! This will be dumpster fire of the season. This will be the first time all season that I have picked the Jets to win. Yes, we saw how lousy the Jets were on Monday night. It could be tempting to pick the 49ers at home, but I implore you not to do it. In fact, no one should pick my 49ers for the rest of the season. That's the best picking advice I can give.

Falcons @ Rams-Falcons should win this easily. They're a much better team than the Rams, but something tells me the Falcons will collapse again. This is my upset special of the week.

Saints @ Buccaneers-This is my upset special number 2. This is a trap game, and the Bucs might be overlooking the Saints with that upcoming matchup against the Cowboys in prime time. Tampa Bay is a bad home team, and I like Drew Brees to smoke a Winston!

Seahawks @ Packers-Seahawks are such a jekyll and hyde team. They're great at home and can be absolutely terrible on the road. I'm thinking the latter team will show up in the frozen tundra. I hope so. I really want the Packers to win out, and it's not like the Seahawks need this to win the pathetic NFC West.

Cowboys @ Giants-Yeah, I know the Cowboys will win. I could bring up the fact that the Giants are responsible for their only loss in Week 1, but that's irrelevant now. I'm still not picking Dallas. I picked them one week. I thought if I picked them that they might lose. I got the pick right, but it just felt dirty. So I'll keep getting this wrong and destroying my record.

Ravens @ Patriots-While it's intriguing to pick the upset here, I'm not going against Belichick or Brady.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:21 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,565,311 times
I'm thinking Raiders tonight, too, but quite a few here picked the Chiefs. I like the Chiefs, but Raiders are a tough bunch, Carr is a better QB.

I was up about Packers but the injury bug, Perry is out, has the most sacks, great edge rusher, bummer. Matthews is still battling a separated shoulder and ham string. I'm hoping we get the other personality, Tampa Bay one not the team that buried the Panthers!

Old 12-08-2016, 07:22 AM

10,706 posts, read 11,116,348 times
Going with Chiefs tonight. I'll get the rest in later.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:17 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,955,182 times
12-3 last week.
110-82 on the season.

Raiders @ Chiefs
Steelers @ Bills
Broncos @ Titans
Redskins @ Eagles
Cardinals @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Panthers
Bengals @ Browns
Bears @ Lions
Texans @ Colts
Vikings @ Jaguars
Jets @ 49ers
Falcons @ Rams
Saints @ Buccaneers
Seahawks @ Packers
Cowboys @ Giants
Ravens @ Patriots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football