U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 05:14 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
their three facts in life death,taxes and browns loosing lol

always pick them to loose
Yes, although if they were to win this year, with the games they have left I'm thinking this is their best shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 09:45 PM

6,536 posts, read 4,489,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 10-5
Overall: 119-71

Raiders @ Chiefs. About time we had a good Thursday night game (or what should be a good game). I've been off the Chiefs for the last couple weeks after that awful home loss to Tampa a few weeks ago, but I think they complete the sweep of the Raiders.

Steelers @ Bills Steelers have started to wake up after its midseason slumber
Broncos @ Titans. My bold prediction for the final 4 weeks: IF the Titans win this game they are winning the AFC South. They are done with the Colts, and have the Texans at home. The Titans are the only team that actually has a positive point differential in the division (+12), and the Texans are a whopping -50 in that department with the Colts at 0. They also have a relatively easy schedule as they go to KC next week and finish with the Jags (road) and Texans (home), but beating the Broncos would "negate" the Chiefs loss in a sense assuming they win the final 2 and finish 9-7. Texans who are 1-5 on the road (including the loss in Mexico City) have road games @ Colts and @ Texans sandwiched between home games against the Jags & injury-ridden Bengals while probably the biggest competition for the Titans winning the AFC south the Colts (due to the 2-0 season series) have to head to Minnesota & Oakland the next 2 weeks.
Redskins @ Eagles. Eagles still mathematically alive in the playoff race but need to win out and hope some East teams stumble above them. Redskins are on shaky ground as well, but that tie in London may actually help them.
Cardinals @ Dolphins. Dolphins had been playing well and got pounded last time out, and the Cards with a big win last week vs. Washington. I'll take the team that's East and doesn't have to travel.
Chargers @ Panthers. No chance the Panthers are making the playoffs at 8-8, so we can stick a fork in them even though they aren't officially eliminated. Chargers are probably done as well, but if they can win out, they'll give themselves a chance
Bengals @ Browns. Bengals and Chargers left for the Brownies, you can do it!
Bears @ Lions. Is it just me, or does the Bears win in week 4 seem like it happened 5 years ago?? That loss dropped the Lions to 1-3, 3 straight losses after that week 1 comeback thinking "new season, same old Lions" but since then they've reeled off 7 of their last 8 to seize control of the NFC North.
Texans @ Colts. 1-5, 13 of 14, Negative -50. 1-5 is the Texans road record, the worst road record of ANY first or second place team, and tied with Cincinnati among 3rd place teams. 13 of 14 is the number of times they've lost in Indianapolis since joining the league in 2002. Negative 50 is currently the Texans point differential which is the 5th worst in the entire league. All of this from a "first place" team (since they've only played the Colts & Titans once and won both, so they hold the tiebreaker of the 3 at 6-6). AFC South football, gotta love it! This is probably a worse team then last year, and considering whoever finishes 2nd in the AFC West is probably going to be a better team than the 2015 Chiefs were, I hate to think of what that AFC Wildcard score might be this year. Though they could probably score on the 2016 Raiders unlike last year, but the Raiders will shred them more on offense than the Chiefs did. I don't think the Colts or Titans will win either, but at least those scores might be more competitive. Anyways, we'll find out in week 16 when Colts play @ Oakland.
Vikings @ Jaguars. No way I can sensibly pick the Jags here
Jets @ 49ers. After the debacle in Chicago against the equally as inept Bears I can't pick the Niners, even though I REALLY don't want to pick the Jets, so this is like deciding whether to drown in quicksand or drown in water. I'll take drowning in water (Jets) slightly more than drowning in quicksand (Niners) because at least if I drowned in water I was probably doing something fun.
Falcons @ Rams. Falcons bounce back with the Rams as "Mr. 5-11 this year Fisher" ties the loss record.
Saints @ Buccaneers. Could we have BOTH the Bucs & Titans as division winners this year?? Remember, even though it seems like 25 years ago, the Bucs did beat the Falcons in Atlanta week 1 which is the main reason they are both tied right now.
Seahawks @ Packers. Packers have 2 good weeks in a row, so I'm going to jump back aboard......nervously though.
Cowboys @ Giants. The Cowboys are a receiver away from stepping out of bounds of potentially being 12-0. It would have been a long field goal, but at least Bailey would have had the attempt at winning the Cowboys game vs. the Giants week 1 had that Cowboys receiver stepped out of bounds on the sideline route at the end instead of trying to gain an extra yard and having the clock run out. The Giants win this one by more than a field goal, as the Cowboys are beyond due for a loss.
Ravens @ Patriots. Sure, it'd be nice to beat the Patriots, especially in Foxboro, after the Patriots came to Baltimore in week 16 in 2013 pounded them to a tune of like 44-7 knocking the Ravens out of the playoffs, but regardless of what happens here, or next week, the Ravens season will probably come down to December 25 in Pittsburgh, so the Patriots can have this one, and the Ravens will get their revenge back in the playoffs

Old 12-10-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Yes, although if they were to win this year, with the games they have left I'm thinking this is their best shot.

Maybe the Chargers on Christmas Eve in week 16?? (West coast team playing the 1 PM Eastern game; plus since that game is on a Saturday, that's 1 less day to prepare). Double bonus if the Chargers are already eliminated from playoff contention which is entirely possible.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:07 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,545,104 times
7express I'm nervous, too on the Packers pick! Seattle is a tough team, no doubt about it. Intensity ramps up this time of year. Top teams want a bye, teams on the edge, fighting for a wild card.

Winter storm Aaron is bringing 6" of snow, very snowy at the moment, but could wind down by game time.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:37 AM

28,456 posts, read 15,432,286 times
Raiders

Bills
Panthers
Bengals
Lions
Colts
Vikings
Dolphins
Redskins
Buccaneers
Titans

Jets
Packers
Falcons

Cowboys

Patriots

Old 12-11-2016, 10:07 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,510,047 times
So far my picks are 3-0 on the year. Let's see for how many more hours I can make this claim.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:25 AM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,524 times
Already picked Raiders and Chiefs...(which I did pick wrong!)

The rest:

Steelers @ Bills
Broncos @ Titans
Redskins @ Eagles
Cardinals @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Panthers
Bengals @ Browns
Bears @ Lions
Texans @ Colts
Vikings @ Jaguars
Jets @ 49ers
Falcons @ Rams
Saints @ Buccaneers
Seahawks @ Packers
Cowboys @ Giants
Ravens @ Patriots

Old 12-11-2016, 12:40 PM

1,281 posts, read 504,413 times
Did not expect the skins offense to only have 7 pts in the 3rd qtr

Old 12-11-2016, 01:55 PM

Poor Bears. Back to back holding penalties on 4th down when they got the ball inside the Detroit 10 yard line

Old 12-11-2016, 01:57 PM

1,281 posts, read 504,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Poor Bears. Back to back holding penalties on 4th down when they got the ball inside the Detroit 10 yard line
sounds like a ref takeover to me. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football