U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 05:47 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,219,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Why would those things need to occur?

They didn't occur in New England....
Dude, i am no Patriot hater.. far from it.. but those things did happen in New England and that why the Owner accepted the Penalties handed down by the NFL... Brady did not go as quietly...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 06:36 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,119,337 times
Quote:
Time to hate the Steelers?

Old 12-11-2016, 07:03 PM

3,958 posts, read 2,510,289 times
Did Steelers use deflated balls? No formal complaint

Old 12-11-2016, 07:08 PM

3,719 posts, read 3,876,167 times
Giants measured Steelers footballs at 11.4, 11.8 PSI | ProFootballTalk

Old 12-11-2016, 09:31 PM

4,976 posts, read 11,039,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Dude, i am no Patriot hater.. far from it.. but those things did happen in New England and that why the Owner accepted the Penalties handed down by the NFL... Brady did not go as quietly...
Dude...check your facts

"Inordinate" amount of time in the bathroom with the footballs?

Fact.... it was 90 seconds with a bag of 11 footballs.... not nearly enough time to get 11 balls out deflate them and get them back into the bag

As for the text messages? Maybe you should forward your info to the league since they NEVER came up with texts from Brady to the ball boys directing them to deflate any balls....more made up nonsense

You also misunderstand why Kraft accepted the penslties. He himself has said many times there was NEVER an acceptance of guilt

Old 12-13-2016, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Dude...check your facts

"Inordinate" amount of time in the bathroom with the footballs?

Fact.... it was 90 seconds with a bag of 11 footballs.... not nearly enough time to get 11 balls out deflate them and get them back into the bag

As for the text messages? Maybe you should forward your info to the league since they NEVER came up with texts from Brady to the ball boys directing them to deflate any balls....more made up nonsense

You also misunderstand why Kraft accepted the penslties. He himself has said many times there was NEVER an acceptance of guilt
So why do you go into the bathroom with a bag of game balls? You have obviously tested this...
SO why did Brady destroy his cell phone??

Listen i get your blind loyalty to the Patriots... but don't ask others to do the same..
I don't buy into the fact that less PSI helped the Patriots or Brady gain much of an advantage but don't try to sell me on the fact that the NFL simply fined and suspended Brady because he they don't like him.. The NFL needs controversy..

Old 12-13-2016, 12:37 PM

6,868 posts, read 3,941,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Everyone worked themselves into a lather over Tom Brady (mostly out of jealousy). Now it's Big Ben's turn. Wonder if he'll get a suspension? Doubt it.

Glazer: Giants alerted league to two underinflated Steelers footballs | ProFootballTalk

Giants are snitches? Shocking. Shocking I tell you. New York would never -- wait a mo:

Eli Manning

Time for the NFL to cling ever tighter to their savior: Colin Rinky-dink!
Had the Giants won, you would hear crickets.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:39 PM

4,976 posts, read 11,039,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
So why do you go into the bathroom with a bag of game balls? You have obviously tested this...
SO why did Brady destroy his cell phone??

Listen i get your blind loyalty to the Patriots... but don't ask others to do the same..
I don't buy into the fact that less PSI helped the Patriots or Brady gain much of an advantage but don't try to sell me on the fact that the NFL simply fined and suspended Brady because he they don't like him.. The NFL needs controversy..
Are you kidding?

When did the cell phone become an issue? Oh yeah when Goodell made it an issue because he had no facts to justify his suspension of Brady so he moved the goal posts and made the suspension more about failure to cooperate, which Brady did, than deflating footballs....

Brady's cell phone was private property he could not have been forced to turn it over at any time by the NFL and certainly they leaked enough of his private text messages that he did provide to assure anyone that his privacy regarding other data/photos/names/numbers would not be protected

Lower PSI didn't gain "much of an advantage"? How about no advantage ESPN had a Sports Science segment on their web page shortly after the incident showing that underinflated balls pose a distinct disadvantage, that page was mysteriously taken down within days.....nothing odd about that...

Someone in the NFL leaked to Mort Anderson that "11 of 12 Patriots footballs were underinflated by 2lbs psi".....a leak that was pure fabrication and poisoned public opinion.....a leak that the NFL nor Mort Anderson has ever apologized for....and a "supposed fact" that many haters to this day still believe was true.

Science has already proven that Ideal Gas Law explains PERFECTLY the amount of air lost by the Patriots balls, in fact if any tampering DID occur the Colts balls were the ones that were off from expected pressure

The "investigation" was a joke...

"Time after time, Wells and Exponent make “ungrounded, illogical and biased” assumptions, Blecker observes, and every single significant one went against Brady — even when it required the most implausible and improbable sequences.

If the NFL were compelled to turn over its investigative notes to Brady, we might discern why there was such a “gross failure to consider the effects of timing, temperature, wetness.” And why there was a rejection of the referee’s own quite-sure memory and measurements.

“By now, hopefully this Court should see clearly how the interview notes could, and probably would, reveal the bias that infected the investigation,” Blecker writes"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.c04c40ed2d33

If you still believe Deflategate happened and the Pats deliberately deflated footballs, science be damned, then it is only logical to say the Steelers and Ben Rothliesberger deserve the EXACT same punishment as the Patriots and Tom Brady

Old 12-13-2016, 02:46 PM

Your spending way too much time trying to convince me that Brady is an innocent bystander. sorry.. i didn't even read all your posts. Yadda yadda yadda..

move on, i have forgotten about it.. so should you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or