U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 05:08 PM

16,755 posts, read 9,106,172 times

Advertisements

Steelers game balls reportedly measured at 11.4, 11.8 PSI

The Pittsburg Steelers had deflated balls below the 12.5 PSI - at 11.4 and 11.8 PSI in week 13 versus the Giants.

The NFL doesn't care. The explanation of the balls being checked in at a warm temperature and then taken outside into cold air sufficed.

How is this different than the Patriots - when all but one of their balls matched up exactly as to what one would expect with a drop in temperature?

Old 12-12-2016, 05:25 PM

3,172 posts, read 1,984,237 times
The difference is it isn't Tom Brady's nut*s in the vice, the greatest quarterback of all time. Since they can't bring him down on this one, they don't care. Tom should be making a stink out of this, but will probably let dead dogs lie.

If I were Tom's lawyers though, I'd be keeping this on the back burner in case they ever try to accuse him again.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:35 PM

4,979 posts, read 11,044,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Steelers game balls reportedly measured at 11.4, 11.8 PSI

The Pittsburg Steelers had deflated balls below the 12.5 PSI - at 11.4 and 11.8 PSI in week 13 versus the Giants.

The NFL doesn't care. The explanation of the balls being checked in at a warm temperature and then taken outside into cold air sufficed.

How is this different than the Patriots - when all but one of their balls matched up exactly as to what one would expect with a drop in temperature?
You know the answer....

It isn't any different...

As every scientist who has given an opinion regarding the Ideal Gas Law has already stated....

"Deflategate" never happened...it was a made up controversy by the NFL

There is a reason why the NFL reversed course on publishing their results on "spot checks" of ball inflation at different sites including cold weather sites last year and this year after initially stating they WOULD release the data...

There can be only one reason for not releasing the data.....it must confirm what the Patriots stated all along, ball deflation was related to change in temperature. Something that anyone with TPM monitors on their tires already knows...

We just started getting temps below 37 here in the mornings and like every year at this time my TPM's are now telling me my tires need air.....hmmmmmm

Old 12-12-2016, 05:36 PM

4,979 posts, read 11,044,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
The difference is it isn't Tom Brady's nut*s in the vice, the greatest quarterback of all time. Since they can't bring him down on this one, they don't care. Tom should be making a stink out of this, but will probably let dead dogs lie.

If I were Tom's lawyers though, I'd be keeping this on the back burner in case they ever try to accuse him again.
Brady actually did have a comment on this today....

Mike Reiss
ESPN Staff Writer

Tom Brady, to Westwood One, on advice to NFL on deflated footballs with Steelers-Giants: "I'll leave that to all the Patriot fans. I'm sure they have pretty strong opinions, too."

Old 12-12-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You know the answer....

It isn't any different...

As every scientist who has given an opinion regarding the Ideal Gas Law has already stated....

"Deflategate" never happened...it was a made up controversy by the NFL

There is a reason why the NFL reversed course on publishing their results on "spot checks" of ball inflation at different sites including cold weather sites last year and this year after initially stating they WOULD release the data...

There can be only one reason for not releasing the data.....it must confirm what the Patriots stated all along, ball deflation was related to change in temperature. Something that anyone with TPM monitors on their tires already knows...

We just started getting temps below 37 here in the mornings and like every year at this time my TPM's are now telling me my tires need air.....hmmmmmm
The NFL basically admitted that their whole case against Brady was BS when they said that they would take and report PSI pressures and how they changed throughout game conditions...then didn't release the report and then said that they didn't even carry out the tests.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:14 PM

15,065 posts, read 19,692,838 times
How about just let people use however much air they want?

Old 12-14-2016, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
How about just let people use however much air they want?
Apparently you can if you aren't Brady.

The NFL just announced that it will not investigate the Steelers for balls that according to their own measurements were deflated down to the levels of what they suspended Brady for 4 games for.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/wh...212610332.html

The NFL owes Brady an apology...their man running the deflategate investigation testified that he had never heard of the Ideal Gas Law.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/ro...183157757.html

Old 12-14-2016, 01:14 PM

23,629 posts, read 33,419,067 times
To be clear, I don't like Brady or Goodell. I think once Brady appealed his case, it was Goodell's fury and ego that caused Deflategate. For the first time, I will say that Brady got targeted by a furious egomaniac like Goodell.

I think since the Steelers have a more favorable reputation than the Patriots, that is why the league is more willing to look the other way here.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
To be clear, I don't like Brady or Goodell. I think once Brady appealed his case, it was Goodell's fury and ego that caused Deflategate. For the first time, I will say that Brady got targeted by a furious egomaniac like Goodell.

I think since the Steelers have a more favorable reputation than the Patriots, that is why the league is more willing to look the other way here.
The league looked the other way every game last year in cold weather - as they chose to not release the PSI stats of leather balls (which scientifically lose PSI when made wet or drop in temperature).

Goodell is a dictator and had to look tough against everyone's most hated team.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:41 PM

11,818 posts, read 8,237,362 times
Tom Brady and the Patriots are not well liked outside New England and Goodell used deflategate as a means to take the winning patriots down a notch. I think it was a personel witch hunt against Brady because he is the poster boy for success. He is a star QB, a millionaire who is married to a millionaire supermodel... what a jerk right !

I bet Goodell got bullied by football players when he was back in high school and beating up on Brady was his way to get back at his bullies.

It would be so cool if Goodell has to hand the Superbowl trophy to Brady this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or