U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 06:31 PM

6,577 posts, read 4,534,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 12-4
Overall: 131-75

LA @ Seattle. Rams have beaten the Seahawks, what, 3 straight times?? Not a 4th. Also, bad week to fire a coach on a short week?? If you're going to replace him anyways, what's an extra 4 days to keep Fisher around, and fire him Friday, so then the interim has more than a week instead of less than 5 days?? The whole thing seems bizarre, there's gotta be more to the story.
Miami @ NY Jets. The Jets needed overtime to beat a complete dumpster-fire they actually trailed by double figures. Tannehill could play with 1 leg & 2 arms tied behind his back and they'd still win.

Philadelphia @ Baltimore. Pretty big game as the Ravens must win to set up basically a play-in game next week in Pittsburgh.
Jacksonville @ Houston. Are these 2 of the biggest disapointments in football this year?? Jacksonville should be so much better than 2-11 and the Texans signing Osweiler has been a complete bust in year 1.
Green Bay @ Chicago. Probably sub 0 temperatures in Chicago, and I don't think Rodgers has won a game in his career where the kick off temperature was 0 degrees or below.....but should make it #1 in the Windy and very cold city.
Cleveland @ Buffalo. 13 down, 3 more to go, but think they probably blew it last week. They sure as hell aren't beating Pittsburgh in week 17, and San Diego can still finish .500 in the division, so that's not 1 I think they can get now either.
Tennessee @ Kansas City. Suddenly the loss at home to TB doesn't look so bad, and Titans have been playing well, so this wouldn't really be "bad" either, but with the couple extra days of rest I'll take the Chiefs in a close one.....3 points or less.
Detroit @ NY Giants. Lions are due for a crashing thud, and really as a Lions fan I'd rather have it be one of these next 3 weeks than in the playoffs. I think it comes here against a surging Giants team
Indianapolis @ Minnesota. The biggest toss up of the week, I'll settle with the home team, but really I have no clue.
Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati. Can probably afford to lose as much like the Ravens, the week 16 Christmas day game will decide the NFL North division winner, though don't look now the 2nd place finisher is in a good spot for a Wildcard.
New Orleans @ Arizona. This is another toss up game as offense usually wins games, but I'll take the Cardinals at home.
San Francisco @ Atlanta. What would be a bigger upset CD football folks: San Francisco winning @ Atlanta or Cleveland winning @ Buffalo?? I'd say San Fran/Atlanta.....barely.
New England @ Denver. Brady is 2-7 in Denver and has gotten beat by Kyle Orton, Brian Griese, Brock Osweiler, and Jake Plummer among other QBs the Broncos have started those games. So really, it shouldn't be that surprising if Trevor Siemian is added to that "average Broncos QBs to beat Brady in Denver" list, but think the Patriots win late.
Oakland @ San Diego. The Chargers probably should've won the first meeting in Oakland earlier this year, and despite all the 4th quarter struggles this year, the Chargers still have a chance, albeit a slight chance to finish 8-8 AND finish tied with the reining Super Bowl champs in the standings at the end of the season
Tampa Bay @ Dallas. Dak Prescott will smoke a Winston.
Carolina @ Washington. The Josh Norman bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 06:44 PM

9,447 posts, read 17,486,546 times
Picking Miami tonight.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:27 PM

357 posts, read 157,196 times
Philly @ Baltimore- The Eagles early run was nice but the season has caught up with them. The Ravens will score early and find a way to win.

Jags @ Houston- Bortles is playing so badly and this team is so undisciplined. I don't like Houston that much but they should do enough to win.

Green Bay @ Chicago- Injuries or not, Rodgers is on his game. We've seen these late season runs from Green Bay before. Barkley and the Bears won't survive this one.

Cleveland @ Bills- The Browns can't stop anyone on defense and RGIII looked terrible. It might be close but the Bills will win on defense.

Titans @ Chiefs- The Titans are solid and they have late game magic like the Chiefs. KC looked so dominant against the Raiders (I'm not sure how they'll respond after this) but I expect a small dropoff after a huge game & no Derrick Johnson. This is a much bigger game for the Titans tomorrow. This will be decided late.

Lions @ Giants- The Lions have had layups in their schedule but this is their first tough game in awhile. I don't see Stafford winning a big game on the road against this defense. Nobody's talked about the Giants all year long but their defense is rounding into form for the postseason

Colts @ Vikings- Indy blew their big chance last week. The Vikings have totally lost their grip on the NFC North but with AP back, they'll do enough to get past a potentially demoralized Colts team.

Steelers @ Bengals- The last few wins for Cincy have been a product of the overachieving Eagles coming down to Earth & the Browns. This Bengals team is decimated and won't beat this Steelers team.

Saints @ Arizona- The Saints are a terrible road team. Despite both teams having no playoff chance, Arizona will take care of business at home.

Niners @ Falcons- This is a potential trap game for Atlanta after rolling LA last week. The Falcons are almost like Detroit while not facing real competition and will become their undoing in January. While SF's offense will score some points, their defense is brutal.

Patriots @ Denver- The Pats have never done well in Denver and despite them losing to some pedestrian QBs, there's something really off with this sinking Broncos team. The Patriots will take care of business.

Oakland @ San Diego- Poor Chargers. Too many injury issues. Oakland doesn't have the mold of a January team but they'll get it done in San Diego.

Bucs @ Dallas- As much as I like TB's chances to move the chains, this is a nice matchup for Dallas. TB doesn't have primetime football experience so I think they'll fall short in the end with Zeke running the clock out.

Carolina @ Redskins- The Panthers are a mess. This is another easy matchup for Kirk Cousins.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:02 PM

4,924 posts, read 4,000,631 times
Just realized that it is Saturday night, I cannot get to the TV SO I am missing MY FINZ but I hope they WINZ

I was thinking about how mediocre most of the league is. Makes me wonder if the Cowboys and Patriots are really that good, or is the rest of the league just....blah ?
At least it is FINALLY football weather. had to wait until week 15, but check out the following forecasts with my predictions.
SO on to my picks in COLOR !

MY FINZ at Jets Anyone would want to win a divison game, but the Jets do themselves a favor with a better draft pick to squander with a loss 38 degrees clear

PACKERS at Bears Does not take that much to beat this years Bears 3 degrees, one for each bears win. 17 MPH winds

Browns at BILL'S BUFFALOES Browns can't seem to win. Even in the snow. 30 degrees, snow

Eagles at RAVENS Not good weather for Eagles to Fly. 59 degrees with rain, 39 degree wind chill

Titans at CHIEFS Does Andy Reid wish list include more food ? Maybe Frozen pizza: 14 degrees, 7 degree wind chill, clear.

STEELERS at Bengals Cats are not just the same as last year, Big Ben and company take a win on the road. Even in 27 degree weather

Lions at GIANTS Blue Christmas for Stafford ? 57 and RAIN Lots of RAIN !

Colts at VIKINGS COlts need more than Luck, they need a new coach and 21 players. 10 below outside, 72 in the dome

Jaguars at TEXANS 45 with 18 MPH wind, indoors, Jags really need to find that franchise coach next draft.

49ers at FALCONS Another Dome thing, 60s and rainy outside The Falcons are in the drivers seat for the divison

Saints at CARDINALS Pesky Red Birds play for honor now, season is shot to hell. Rumored that Arians will quit after the seaosn, and things have gotten so bad that Michael Floyd took up DRINKING ! 63 and always sunny in Arizona (unless you are in the non-sunny parts)

RAIDERS at Chargers If the San Diego football team was a good as the weather there, maybe it would not be so near impossible to find one of their players in the Hall of Fame ?
64 sunny & nice outdoors

PATRIOTS at Broncos Will be interesting to see how the Patriots will be able to deflate the balls this time, being that they are the away team. 15 degree weather, Billicheck will have to find a way to cheat.
Buccaneers at COWBOYS They showed the world last eweek that they can be beat, but I don;t think they will lose two in a row. Then again, the coach in Dallas is a joke so who knows. ? 33 degrees, 25 MPH Texas Wind, in a dome though Hope they remember to keep it closed.
Panthers at REDSKINS Redskins have to win this to keep any slim chance of post season alive and give the sportswriters something to talk about for another week. 30 degrees at kickoff.

Here in this part of the world, it will be a sunny 84 degrees, which I think sucks because I crave colder weather. I want to go someplace where it is wintery, where they have winter things to do like skiing, sledding etc Don't;t know why I stay here sometimes.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:28 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,157,224 times
2-0! Dolphins get yet another W. Matt Moore is a super-sub! On to Sunday...

Old 12-17-2016, 09:41 PM

4,326 posts, read 2,280,502 times
You're right about the Browns, KingCat. They just can't find a way to win games. They certainly don't want to end up like the 0-16 Detroit Lions but if thuey go winless, it is the WORST record in football, period, whether high school, college, arena football, or NFL because the Browns lost all of their preseason and yet they still remain winless.

Old 12-18-2016, 06:24 AM

10,728 posts, read 11,165,107 times
I'm off to a nice 2-0 start but those first two were borderline "no-brainers" and today is where it gets hard. Here are the rest of my picks:

Packers @ Bears: Packers. A mid-season skid seems to be behind them. It's not too late to win their division.

Jaguars @ Texans: Texans. Here's another team that saw a mid-season slump, though to be fair, the Texans' slump just put them into the "middling team" category most of us expected they'd be in anyway.

Browns @ Bills: Bills. There is still a very narrow path to the playoffs for the Bills but it doesn't involve losing any more games.

Eagles @ Ravens: Ravens. Both of these teams still have a shot at the playoffs but I like the Ravens at home rebounding after tough loss on the road.

Titans @ Chiefs: Chiefs. The Titans win over the Broncos is without question that team's signature win since 2010 or so. I hope they can keep it going against the Chiefs but have my doubts.

Lions @ Giants: Giants. I've not watched a fraction of NFL coverage I usually do but it seems the Giants are a bit of an afterthought right now. They're the kind of team nobody will be talking about going into the playoffs and they'll probably take it all the way to the Super Bowl. And probably beat the Patriots!

Colts @ Vikings: Vikings. I doubt AP has a big impact coming off his injury but if the Vikings can get him warmed up for the playoffs he may be a big part of their success going forward.

Steelers @ Bengals: Steelers. There's some bad blood here for sure, but this "rivalry" is akin to the 12 year old picking on his 6 year old brother. No contest.

Saints @ Cardinals: Cardinals. A disappointing season enters its final approach. Neither of these are playoff teams but I doubt we've heard the last from the Cardinals.

49ers @ Falcons: Falcons. New rule: if any members of our board accidentally forgets to pick this game we give him or her full credit and the benefit of the doubt. Falcons. And big.

Patriots @ Broncos: Broncos. While the Chiefs and Raiders are both ahead of the Broncos in the standings THIS YEAR, the Patriots have without question been the Broncos biggest rival since Elway's return.

Raiders @ Chargers: Chargers. Believe it or not, the Chargers are a pretty good team. They're the kind of team that can cause some late season setbacks to teams with playoff aspirations.

Buccaneers @ Cowboys: Cowboys. Cowboys right the ship and inch closer to locking up the #1 seed. What is it about Cowboys QBs falling off at this time of year?

Panthers @ Redskins: Redskins. Before the season this game looked daunting. What a difference a few weeks can make.

After this week we've just 2 games per team remaining. Incredible how fast it goes. If this were 1977 the regular season would be ending this week! And we'd be listening to Foreigner's Cold as Ice on the "Today's Hits" channels instead of the classic rock stations. But it's 2016 and there's still 2 games remaining after this week and plenty of drama to go!

Old 12-18-2016, 09:45 AM

4,323 posts, read 1,879,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

Browns @ Bills: Bills. There is still a very narrow path to the playoffs for the Bills but it doesn't involve losing any more games.
I have to admit I very briefly looked into it.

It basically consists of Denver losing out. Not impossible given the final three games for the Broncos are Pats, Chiefs, Raiders. But still they could manage just one win out of the three and Bills are toast.

Ravens have to finish 1-2 or worse. Also not impossible with one game left against the Steelers. They just need to lose to either Philly or Cinncy.

Miami has to finish 0-2. @Bills and vs. Patriots so I could see that happening. Bills to my knowledge would possibly eventually win a tiebreaker based on S.O.V. as they would be tied in all tiebreakers coming before SOV.

I have not looked into any of the NFC South teams.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:01 AM

9,447 posts, read 17,486,546 times
Rams at Seahawks (Picked too late)
Dolphins at Jets (Picked earlier)
Packers at Bears
Browns at Bills
Eagles at Ravens
Titans at Chiefs
Steelers at Bengals
Lions at Giants
Colts at Vikings
Jaguars at Texans
49ers at Falcons
Saints at Cardinals
Raiders at Chargers
Patriots at Broncos
Buccaneers at Cowboys
Panthers at Redskins

Old 12-18-2016, 11:39 AM

10,728 posts, read 11,165,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I have to admit I very briefly looked into it.

It basically consists of Denver losing out. Not impossible given the final three games for the Broncos are Pats, Chiefs, Raiders. But still they could manage just one win out of the three and Bills are toast.

Ravens have to finish 1-2 or worse. Also not impossible with one game left against the Steelers. They just need to lose to either Philly or Cinncy.

Miami has to finish 0-2. @Bills and vs. Patriots so I could see that happening. Bills to my knowledge would possibly eventually win a tiebreaker based on S.O.V. as they would be tied in all tiebreakers coming before SOV.

I have not looked into any of the NFC South teams.
Honestly my preference is the Broncos manage 2-1 for a 10-6 finish. Most scenarios have the Broncos in the playoffs if they manage 10-6. That's a tough row to hoe, given who remains. In the event they do lose out, I'd like to see the Bills be the team that gets in at 9-7, but all those other scenarios have to work out too. But it's too early for me to give up on the Broncos. It's a tough looking slate but they always play the Pats tough in Denver, play the Chiefs tough in KC, and I believe will be ready to put their best game forward should they enter that last week needing a win against the Raiders to get into the playoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football