U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 10:18 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,517,644 times

Advertisements

Boy, we are really into the stretch run now:

Last two weeks: 17-14 (Ugh!)
Season: 101-73-2

Week 15, here we are:

Rams at Seahawks
Dolphins at Jets (Sat)
Packers at Bears
Browns at Bills
Eagles at Ravens
Titans at Chiefs
Steelers at Bengals
Lions at Giants
Colts at Vikings
Jaguars at Texans
49ers at Falcons
Saints at Cardinals
Raiders at Chargers
Patriots at Broncos
Buccaneers at Cowboys
Panthers at Redskins

Last edited by IXCell; 12-12-2016 at 10:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 10:25 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,267,983 times
Just only three weeks left. And IXCell, I'll tell you what, this season's gone fast for sure. Now here are my picks:
Seahawks
Dolphins
Packers
Bills
Eagles
Titans
Steelers
Lions
Vikings
Texans
Falcons
Saints
Raiders
Patriots
Cowboys
Redskins
And IXCell, aren't you forgetting Saints Cardinals by the way?

Old 12-12-2016, 10:34 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,517,644 times
Thanks, Ashbeck..corrected!

Old 12-12-2016, 11:09 PM

6,553 posts, read 4,508,554 times
Just a reminder for those people (like me) that wait until the last minute to pick, the Jets/Dolphins game is on Saturday night. Make sure you get that in before 8:30 Saturday evening.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:27 AM

11,727 posts, read 11,567,118 times
Rams @ Seahawks
Dolphins
@ Jets
Packers @ Bears - Go Pack Go Don't let up, Bears would love to play spoilers!
Browns @ Bills
Eagles @ Ravens
Titans @ Chiefs
Steelers
@ Bengals
Lions @ Giants
Colts @ Vikings
Jaguars @ Texans
49ers @ Falcons
Saints @Cardinals
Raiders
@ Chargers
Patriots @ Broncos
Buccaneers @ Cowboys
Panthers @ Redskins

Season: 121-85-2 Week 15 is 224 games, home stretch! Going to get real interesting from here on out!

Old 12-13-2016, 11:27 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,132,920 times
Seattle

Miami

Tennessee
Pittsburgh
New York
Minnesota
Houston
Green Bay
Cleveland
Baltimore
Atlanta
Arizona
Oakland
New England
Dallas

Carolina

Old 12-13-2016, 01:35 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,060,867 times
This week looks pretty straightforward compared to last week, so I'll probably go 3-13. I'm basing my picks on who needs the win more for playoff positioning.

Rams at Seahawks-Seahawks will remain undefeated at home as they nail down the NFC West crown and cruise to the playoffs. Because Seattle is at home and the Rams suck at football, this should be a woodshed beating.

Dolphins at Jets (Sat)-It seems like the Fins have had a pretty easy schedule lately. They get another cupcake this week with the Jets who needed a comeback and OT to beat my dumpster-fire 49ers. Miami should win this easily even with Matt Moore under center.

Packers at Bears-In Aaron We Trust. He says they're going to run the table and I'm inclined to believe him. Every win is a must win in the NFC North. They'll get DA BEARS best game, but it shouldn't provide too much of an obstacle now Green Bay appears to have things figured out.

Browns at Bills-With 7 losses on the season, this is a must win for the Bills. 9-7 or 10-6 is usually the cutoff for the playoffs unless a team plays in a particularly weak division. I don't see the Browns getting their first win in Buffalo. They don't have anybody like Le'Veon Bell on their team.

Eagles at Ravens-Ravens will win this to stay a game behind the Steelers in the AFC North. Ravens at Steelers on Christmas Day will have major playoff implications.

Titans at Chiefs-While I think Tennessee needs this more, I remember the Titans play in the pathetic AFC South and can afford to lose a couple of more games before being out of playoff contention. Chiefs are going for that bye week in hopes of getting Jamaal Charles back.

Steelers at Bengals-This is always a good matchup, but with the Bengals all but out of playoff contention, I like the Steelers to put the final dagger in their season.

Lions at Giants-Both these teams are 9-4, and I never take Matthew Stafford on the road. Giants are primarily fighting for a wild card spot, so they need this more than the Lions who would still be atop the NFC North with a loss.

Colts at Vikings-Viqueens will win this to stay in the mix in the NFC North. Colts can afford to lose this since they reside in the AFC South.

Jaguars at Texans-Texans own the AFC South and are undefeated in the division this season. They should remain so with a terrible Jags team coming to town.

49ers at Falcons-I keep thinking the Falcons are going to have a meltdown, but it's kind of hard to have a meltdown when my Niners come to town. Falcons score the most points in the NFL while the Niners give up the most. There could be records broken this Sunday.

Saints at Cardinals-I'll take the Cards at home just because they're a half game ahead of the Saints. No, the Cards aren't eliminated from the playoffs yet, but they're on death's doorstep.

Raiders at Chargers-Chargers don't have anything to play for, so I'll go with the Raiders who need to try to get a better record than the Chiefs who hold the tiebreaker in the mighty AFC West.

Patriots at Broncos-I would probably take the Broncos at home against any other team except for the Patriots. While it's true Denver needs this more, I think Brady and Belichick are on a mission for the best overall record with a week or 2 of additional rest to spare.

Buccaneers at Cowboys-For this week only Winston will be doing the smoking. The Bucs are a hot team right now and they need this more than the Cowboys to keep pace with the Falcons. Bucs are also an excellent road team, and I look very forward to the QB controversy a loss to the Bucs would assuredly bring in Dallas.

Panthers at Redskins-I'll take the Skins since they're at home and are the only team of these 2 that has a realistic shot at the playoffs.

Last edited by maniac77; 12-13-2016 at 02:03 PM..

Old 12-13-2016, 04:41 PM

634 posts, read 471,905 times
Rams at Seahawks
Dolphins at Jets (Sat)
Packers at Bears
Browns at Bills
Eagles at Ravens
Titans at Chiefs
Steelers at Bengals
Lions at Giants
Colts at Vikings
Jaguars at Texans
49ers at Falcons
Saints at Cardinals
Raiders at Chargers
Patriots at Broncos
Buccaneers at Cowboys
Panthersat Redskins

Last Week: 13-3

Old 12-14-2016, 06:24 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,138,175 times
Week 15 Picks:

Rams @ Seahawks – (Thurs) – Lambs haven’t fully matured into Rams yet!

Dolphins @ Jets (Sat) – Tempted to climb back on my original FINS bandwagon!

Packers @ Bears – 4th time picking Susan’s Homies!
Browns @ Bills – No way Bill’s Bills can lose!
Eagles @ Ravens – RAVIN over the Ravens in this birdfight!
Titans @ Chiefs – Not pickin against KC this time!
Steelers @ Bengals – Big Ben will deflate Cincy!
Lions @ Giants – Eli finds a way at home!
Colts @ Vikings – They’re “gonna get on the ponies and ride”!
Jaguars @ Texans – O$weiler seems to be less lost lately
49ers @ Falcons – Matty & the Dirty Birds dump on the 9ers!
Saints @ Cardinals – Am I still a HOMER?
Raiders @ Chargers – Carr outplays Rivers!
Patriots @ Broncos – Gotta go with the Brady Bunch!

Buccaneers @ Cowboys – (SunNite) – Dak & Zeke sink Bucs!

Panthers @ Redskins – (MNF) – Skins over Cam!

Old 12-14-2016, 08:23 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,865,402 times
I'm taking the Seahawks and the Dolphins for the Thursday and Saturday games. Wouldn't be surprised if that is pretty much a clean sweep for CDers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football