U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2017, 06:00 AM

1,683 posts, read 3,690,013 times

Advertisements

Lions have only won one game against a team that will finish above .500 and had to sneak in come from behind wins against sub .500 teams. The last two games against teams that are actually decent have shown the lions weaknesses. Watching those games it looked like Stafford was doing everything he could to win but just didn't have it.
They have a beat up secondary and no rb going against Rodgers and a solid receiving corp.
Packers are pretty hot right now and have beat up on teams with much better defenses. They have a bad secondary as well but their O is much better.
This should be a blow out but there is a lot on the table, and it's a huge opportunity for the lions so who knows if they'll show up.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:45 AM

1,281 posts, read 505,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
Anyone think the Packers are getting too much hype for tomorrow's game? I like GB in this one but people are calling for a blowout vs Detroit. Stafford is a gamer and I don't see him getting blown out. I'm hoping the Giants can just show up tomorrow so there would be less stakes in the GB/DET game.
Not sure why if they needed a hailmary to beat the lions in Detroit last year

Old 01-01-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
Lions have only won one game against a team that will finish above .500 and had to sneak in come from behind wins against sub .500 teams. The last two games against teams that are actually decent have shown the lions weaknesses. Watching those games it looked like Stafford was doing everything he could to win but just didn't have it.
They have a beat up secondary and no rb going against Rodgers and a solid receiving corp.
Packers are pretty hot right now and have beat up on teams with much better defenses. They have a bad secondary as well but their O is much better.
This should be a blow out but there is a lot on the table, and it's a huge opportunity for the lions so who knows if they'll show up.

The lions offense looked unstoppable the first half vs the cowboys on monday night.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:23 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Division games are different because of the familiarity between the teams. Packers were behind 20-0, Lions let them back in and they didn't box out for the Hail Mary. They were goofing around before the game, Rodgers to Rodgers throwing it as high as he could. Packers regularly do this in their indoor facility and I've seen it during training camp.

Both teams have major secondary issues. Cowboys looked at what the Lions were doing, made adjustments at half time and Lions changed what they were doing and Cowboys had their number. Lions haven't been great, 8 games where they came from behind, look at the records of those teams. Packers offense depends on route running, precision, it needs to work like clockwork. They should, but don't, adjust it to make it easier depending on who is playing.

Lions had 2 chances to put the Packers away, lost those games. They will be on fire for this game, nobody believes in the Lions, press coverage goes to the Packers, blah, blah, blah, should be a great game.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Division games are different because of the familiarity between the teams. Packers were behind 20-0, Lions let them back in and they didn't box out for the Hail Mary. They were goofing around before the game, Rodgers to Rodgers throwing it as high as he could. Packers regularly do this in their indoor facility and I've seen it during training camp.

Both teams have major secondary issues. Cowboys looked at what the Lions were doing, made adjustments at half time and Lions changed what they were doing and Cowboys had their number. Lions haven't been great, 8 games where they came from behind, look at the records of those teams. Packers offense depends on route running, precision, it needs to work like clockwork. They should, but don't, adjust it to make it easier depending on who is playing.

Lions had 2 chances to put the Packers away, lost those games. They will be on fire for this game, nobody believes in the Lions, press coverage goes to the Packers, blah, blah, blah, should be a great game.

That's what surprised because the way the Lions was going up and down the field I thought the cowboys defensive starters were resting. Then all of a sudden they came out and shut down the Lions offense. lol

Old 01-01-2017, 03:43 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
I'm too lazy to read back posts at the moment, but I think someone said Packers could end up playing the Lions again.

I just saw a tweet about it, because Giants are winning, 49ers are beating the Seahawks (at the moment)! Wouldn't that be a hoot! I don't care who they play, make the playoffs! All the Donnie Downers can get off Rodgers case plus how the Packers are on a major downturn and are bad this year, probably next year, too!

Old 01-01-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
I'm too lazy to read back posts at the moment, but I think someone said Packers could end up playing the Lions again.

I just saw a tweet about it, because Giants are winning, 49ers are beating the Seahawks (at the moment)! Wouldn't that be a hoot! I don't care who they play, make the playoffs! All the Donnie Downers can get off Rodgers case plus how the Packers are on a major downturn and are bad this year, probably next year, too!

Yeah I think if the seahawks and skins lose. Sea would fall to 4 and the winner of GB/det tonight would be 3 and the loser would be 6

Old 01-01-2017, 04:05 PM

17 posts, read 5,676 times
Washington has no business being in the playoffs. You are at home, fighting for a playoff spot against a team that has absolutely nothing to play for. That is an absolute CHOKE....For all those saying Cousins is "elite", he is playing like a backup....they need to forfeit the 2nd half and prepare for the draft

Old 01-01-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art of War View Post
Washington has no business being in the playoffs. You are at home, fighting for a playoff spot against a team that has absolutely nothing to play for. That is an absolute CHOKE....For all those saying Cousins is "elite", he is playing like a backup....they need to forfeit the 2nd half and prepare for the draft
I can't believe it, they have no points at all and the big time receiver desean jackson has 1 catch all game.

And no Cousins is not elite at all and deserve no contract.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:13 PM

4,848 posts, read 6,364,158 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football