U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2017, 10:57 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,257,613 times

Advertisements

The regular season went by too fast. It's playoff time.
The Packers are in 9 years in a row so they will host New York while Detroit travels to Seattle.
Those two games should be exciting to enjoy.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:00 AM

5,721 posts, read 5,464,596 times
Can't wait to see the Giants/Packers game. Should be a good one and I don't know who I would put money on at this point. The Packers are red hot right now but Eli Manning is so good in the playoffs and you just know he wants to play the Patriots in the Super Bowl again.

The Texans are so lucky they drew the Carr-less Raiders. That was their only shot in hell of getting thru the Wild Card round. And even still...

Those two wild card games are more interesting to me than the other two, which seem a bit more straightforward to me.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:58 AM

10,577 posts, read 7,272,570 times
There are 36 possible Super Bowl match-ups. Of those, 9 would be re-matches. Here they are, listed in order of likelihood (my opinion, of course):

New England v. Seattle
Dallas v. Pittsburgh (would be the 4th SB meeting)
New England v. New York (would be the 3rd SB meeting)
New England v. Green Bay
Pittsburgh v. Green Bay
Dallas v. Miami
Pittsburgh v. Seattle
Kansas City v. Green Bay
Oakland v. Green Bay

The first three are reasonably plausible. The next four are stretches. The last two are real long shots.

Detroit v. Houston is the sole chance (and not much of one!) this time around for a match-up between two teams that have never been to the Super Bowl. Note: the Lions are the only NFC team that has never advanced to the title game in the Super Bowl era.

Since realignment in 2002, only four Super Bowls have seen two #1 seeds facing each other. However, three of these match-ups have been in the last three Super Bowls.

Dallas, New England and Pittsburgh will all be trying to reach their record 9th Super Bowl (Denver has also been to 8 Super Bowls).

Pittsburgh will be trying to win their record 7th Super Bowl. Dallas will be trying to tie Pittsburgh's current record of 6 wins.

New England could tie Denver's record for most Super Bowl losses, which is 5.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:05 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,368,848 times
A Dallas vs NE/Pittsburgh matchup would have the media heads drooling. It makes me nauseous just thinking about it. Media is probably already talking about it.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:19 AM

1,683 posts, read 3,688,357 times
I don't see Seattle making it past the second round, Det might even take them out. They've been struggling the last few games and were fighting each other on the sidelines yesterday. Not gelling as a team right now. If Det makes it past the first round they're toast in the second round as well.
Giants D is looking tough but their O not so much, Eli could go on some crazy playoff run though.
Packers secondary is going to hurt them but on the flip side the D has been holding teams to lower scores the past 6 games and with Rodgers there is always a shot.
Even though he's not playing like a rookie we'll see if the pressure of the playoffs becomes too much for Dak and Dallas.
ATL looks tough to beat but we'll see if their lack luster playoff performances will come back.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:06 AM

1,281 posts, read 504,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
I don't see Seattle making it past the second round, Det might even take them out. They've been struggling the last few games and were fighting each other on the sidelines yesterday. Not gelling as a team right now. If Det makes it past the first round they're toast in the second round as well.
Giants D is looking tough but their O not so much, Eli could go on some crazy playoff run though.
Packers secondary is going to hurt them but on the flip side the D has been holding teams to lower scores the past 6 games and with Rodgers there is always a shot.
Even though he's not playing like a rookie we'll see if the pressure of the playoffs becomes too much for Dak and Dallas.
ATL looks tough to beat but we'll see if their lack luster playoff performances will come back.

There is no pressure for dak because he is a rookie which means he is playing with house money. Especially if they play the Giants who beat them 2 times because cowboys will be the underdog

Old 01-02-2017, 08:09 AM

17 posts, read 5,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
There is no pressure for dak because he is a rookie which means he is playing with house money. Especially if they play the Giants who beat them 2 times because cowboys will be the underdog
I will disagree with the underdog part. If the Giants play Dallas with the game being in Dallas, the Cowboys will be favored. Just a guess, they will be a 5 pt favorite

Old 01-02-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art of War View Post
I will disagree with the underdog part. If the Giants play Dallas with the game being in Dallas, the Cowboys will be favored. Just a guess, they will be a 5 pt favorite
In Vegas they will but all the media people would pick the Giants

Old 01-02-2017, 08:14 AM

1,683 posts, read 3,688,357 times
Look how he played against the Giants when it was probably their biggest game of the year. That will be amplified in the playoffs. I think he'll struggle under the spot light.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
Look how he played against the Giants when it was probably their biggest game of the year. That will be amplified in the playoffs. I think he'll struggle under the spot light.

Kirk Cousins has mobility and arm strength but is just a poor decision maker. Like in the first half it was 3rd and 2 and he threw a long pass down the field instead of getting the 1st down? Then late in the game when it was 1st and 10 and the skins was down 13-10, Cousins tries to go for a homerun play downfield and threw a INT It was no need for that because it was 1:23 left and they was close to being in field range. So he has the arm and legs to be a NFL QB but not the Brains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football