U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2017, 06:07 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,512,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Saw something interesting about NFC playoff teams, already knew about the Packers. Giants, Lions, Packers, Seahawks don't have over 600 yards rushing. Teams with the bye have over 1,000 yards.

On the Packers, Rodgers has 370 not a good thing, Montgomery 450 although they didn't start using him as an RB until late in the season.
The Giants running game has been pretty pathetic this year, and that is why I dont see a repeat of '07 or '11.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:18 PM

1,281 posts, read 504,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
The Giants running game has been pretty pathetic this year, and that is why I dont see a repeat of '07 or '11.
Which is one of the main reasons why their offense are so bad on the road. Averaging 13 to 14 pts on the road.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:28 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
Once you get to the playoffs, all 3 phases are important. Sure the adage is defense win championships but to me balance is so important.

The game Sunday will be a good one I think, tomorrow we find out if GB will have any corners available. Rollins is back, stayed in Detroit overnight. Tomorrow injury report comes out, will be interesting 3 went out during the game and they weren't what you would call a #1 or #2 guy. I think they already brought up whoever was available on the PS so the mash unit continues, not making excuses, all teams have injuries. It would be better if it wasn't all in the same position!

Old 01-03-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Once you get to the playoffs, all 3 phases are important. Sure the adage is defense win championships but to me balance is so important.

The game Sunday will be a good one I think, tomorrow we find out if GB will have any corners available. Rollins is back, stayed in Detroit overnight. Tomorrow injury report comes out, will be interesting 3 went out during the game and they weren't what you would call a #1 or #2 guy. I think they already brought up whoever was available on the PS so the mash unit continues, not making excuses, all teams have injuries. It would be better if it wasn't all in the same position!
I knew the Packers/Giants game would be the last game of the weekend. lol

Old 01-04-2017, 02:39 PM

3,235 posts, read 1,602,978 times
Saturday games

Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans ......Two quarterbackless teams...but Carr lost hurts worst then who ever is on the merry-go round this week in Houston.

Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks.....Seattle will have to play at a higher level then they have over the last few weeks. Detroit has lost their last three and their key is Golden Tate vs Richard Sherman.

Sunday games

Miami Dolphins @ Pittsburgh Steelers.......Could be an interesting game but too much Antonio Brown and Rottenburger.

New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers......Upset, maybe. But defense will win this game and the Giants are just better at stopping other teams scoring on them...Green Bay not so much.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:38 AM

3,960 posts, read 2,512,283 times
I dont see the Giants beating the Pack this time. I know a lot of other Giants fans are screaming '07 or '11, but it doesnt feel like it to me. I know both of those squads had flaws as well, but this team feels way more flawed to me. The Giants have been overly reliant on OBJ and the defense; it only takes one lapse in the playoffs from either to be sent home.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:44 PM

My thing is '07 and '11 happened but those teams don't have anything to do with the way these teams play. Packers are a young team maybe a dozen players were here then, possibly less.

Packers fans saying we beat them in Oct., doesn't mean much to me either, both teams have changed since that game.

Giants "D" concerns me, not "Eli in the playoffs" factor I keep reading about online. Giants offense has issues if Aaron gets in a groove and puts up points, can they keep up? Giants haven't been a major scoring offense this year.

Packers lack of corner backs, players changing roles in the secondary concerning but I think the Packers will win this time.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:40 PM

I hope the GB defensive coordinator is smart enough to know ODB is the Giants only offensive weapon

Old 01-05-2017, 03:11 PM

Well, he didn't do much last game. 5 catches, 56 yards, 1 TD. Packers practiced outside today for part of it, zero right now, wind chill below zero. Only 2 players didn't have some sort of practice.

One more of the corners was back to full practice, so maybe it won't be so much of a mash unit in their secondary. There is no doubt the secondary is a problem, but if they can get a few guys back to playing their normal spot, it might help.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:36 PM

28,488 posts, read 15,447,826 times
Even though I loathe the Cowboys, I would really enjoy an all Texas Super Bowl here in Texas. It would set the state on fire.

If/when the Texans exit, I have no use for the Cowboys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football