U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-14-2017, 05:12 PM
 
4,292 posts, read 1,857,957 times
Reputation: 2353

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
You can't play it safe when there are no more games to play if you lose tonight. Kicking a FG would make sense if it was week 11 but not in a do or die game with the Falcons up 26-10 in the 3rd qtr. You gotta got for it at some point since time is a ticking. Now what if the seahawks get the ball and get in the redzone again and it's 4th and 5? Do they kick another FG to make it 29-16 with 13 mins left? Or go for it and aim for 29-21?
Less time left in the game greater chance you go for it. But it still depends on down and distance. You are not going to go for it if it is 4th and 10 unless there is like less than like 7 minutes left down two TDs.

 
Old 01-14-2017, 05:14 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,759 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Less time left in the game greater chance you go for it. But it still depends on down and distance. You are not going to go for it if it is 4th and 10 unless there is like less than like 7 minutes left down two TDs.
well the fact that they need 2 two pt conversions to get back in the game I would say you won't see anymore FG's tonight unless they score a TD.
 
Old 01-14-2017, 05:18 PM
 
357 posts, read 155,692 times
Reputation: 277
Atlanta sort of let up here. It's still a two possession game. They need to get rolling again here with some more run plays.
 
Old 01-14-2017, 05:19 PM
 
357 posts, read 155,692 times
Reputation: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
Atlanta sort of let up here. It's still a two possession game. They need to get rolling again here with some more run plays.
Maybe that INT will take care of things. Either way, they need to run some clock.
 
Old 01-14-2017, 05:20 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,759 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
Maybe that INT will take care of things. Either way, they need to run some clock.
Game is over and the Falcons will be home again next week or in Texas playing the Cowboys
 
Old 01-14-2017, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
Reputation: 12484
Wow, I left the TV when it looked like the Seahawks were doing something, came back and Falcons scored! Seahawks can't recover this time, Falcons have this. Good for them! Or can they do this, Seahawks have done strange things.
 
Old 01-14-2017, 05:30 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,759 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Wow, I left the TV when it looked like the Seahawks were doing something, came back and Falcons scored! Seahawks can't recover this time, Falcons have this. Good for them! Or can they do this, Seahawks have done strange things.

Well seattle just scored but it's still over because now they have to do the onside kick because it's only 3 mins left in the game
 
Old 01-14-2017, 05:36 PM
 
5,721 posts, read 5,466,236 times
Reputation: 3606
The holding penalty really cost Seattle. Momentum totally changed after that. Bummer. We still haven't gotten a good playoff game.
 
Old 01-14-2017, 05:39 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
Reputation: 12484
OK, another catch issue, but this might be overturned, did it touch the ground?
 
Old 01-14-2017, 05:41 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,759 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
OK, another catch issue, but this might be overturned, did it touch the ground?
Yup and that game is now over with a capital O.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top