U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 06:03 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,557,775 times

Advertisements

Bears are a tough team, I think they found their QB! I was surprised at Lions/Bears game, then saw first hand, not the team Packers played early in the season.

The wildcard in the NFC is going to be interesting and Packers or the Lions might be in the mix. I haven't looked at the conference records. Of course, homer that I am, still thinking Packers beat the Lions so no wild card for them!

Wow, didn't realize when I typed this Packers are in the 6th seed spot! I think Redskins are really a long shot now.

Last edited by susancruzs; 12-20-2016 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: Addition

Old 12-20-2016, 06:12 AM

158 posts, read 49,727 times
Is there anyone in their right mind (outside of the truest Lion Homer fan) thinking the Lions are going to beat the Packers in week 17 if the division is on the line?

Old 12-20-2016, 06:43 AM

5,631 posts, read 4,228,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Is there anyone in their right mind (outside of the truest Lion Homer fan) thinking the Lions are going to beat the Packers in week 17 if the division is on the line?
Count me as someone NOT ALWAYS in their right mind.. but NO, i don't think the Lions have a chance in hell of winning that game assuming the Div is on the line...

The Bears played the Packers and Lions tough (div. foes) but they may not bring their A Game vs the Redskins.. wouldn't it be just like the Bears to tank a game if only to damage the Packers playoff chances a bit.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:55 AM

Strong point, strange things happen! Packers were so written off, no chance of making playoffs when they lost 4 in a row, but they were not defeated as a team.

The Redskins surprised me watching them last night, I really have been thinking they were playoff bound.

Nothing is decided, many interesting games in 15 and 16, I guess the schedule makers know what they are doing???

Old 12-20-2016, 07:16 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,375,608 times
Quote:
Me. Packers stink when playing in the dome at Detroit. I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd look up packers record in Detroit in the last 5 years. A few games stick out though. The year packers won the super bowl and were in great need of a win down the stretch and lost at Detroit. Last year they needed a Hail Mary to win at Detroit. Year before that the lions defense gave Rodgers fits and lions won that game.

Packers lost to the Vikings at home last year in week 17 with the division title on the line. It can happen again.

Right now I'd say 40-60 the packers win. Lions are better than people think.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:35 AM

I'm overly optimistic but many ways to look at the Lions, 4th quarter come backs while nice, why were they in that spot? Look at the scores of the games and who they played.

Yes, they have been winning, but Packers are a more complete team, their situation depends on who is available to play.

In 2010 because Aaron left with a concussion. The score was 7-3 not exactly a true picture and in 2013 Aaron didn't play, they haven't lost in Detroit a great deal. I don't know where you get the idea they have, 2014 is the one game you can question.

Last edited by susancruzs; 12-20-2016 at 08:02 AM..

Old 12-20-2016, 07:53 AM

158 posts, read 49,727 times
As a Cowboy fan, given the choice, I would much rather see Detroit in the playoffs than GB....don't get me wrong, not saying Detroit cant beat Dallas, but Rodgers, in a dome, in the playoffs....oh hell no, I want his butt sitting at home

Old 12-20-2016, 07:59 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,884,781 times
Heading into Week 16, here are how things look across the NFL

AFC

1. New England Patriots
2. Oakland Riaders
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Houston Texans
5. Kansas City Chiefs
6. Miami Dolphins

In the hunt

7. Baltimore Ravens
8. Tennessee Titans
9. Denver Broncos

NFC

1. Dallas Cowboys
2. Seattle Seahawks
3. Atlanta Falcons
4. Detroit Lions
5. New York Giants
6. Green Bay Packers

In the hunt

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8. Washington Redskins
9. Minnesota Vikings

Old 12-20-2016, 08:03 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,884,781 times
Washington really shot themselves in the foot with that loss last night. Had they won they would control their own destiny. Now they need to win their last 2 and have Green Bay lose to Detroit and have Tampa Bay lose one of their last 2.

Denver is in a tough spot after their lose to New England on Sunday. They need to win their last 2 and have Miami go 0-2 and both Houston or Tennessee go 0-2 in order to get in.

Crazy to think we could have both Super Bowl teams from the prior season miss the playoffs.

We're should have 2 games that are essentially division championships in week 17. Green Bay at Detroit for the NFC North and Houston at Tennessee for the AFC South. Coupled with the AFC West battle between Kansas City and Oakland, the last 2 weeks should be pretty exciting in the NFL.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:06 AM

5,631 posts, read 4,228,367 times
Quote:
As a Cowboy fan, given the choice, I would much rather see Detroit in the playoffs than GB....don't get me wrong, not saying Detroit cant beat Dallas, but Rodgers, in a dome, in the playoffs....oh hell no, I want his butt sitting at home
I agree with this but there are no gimmes in the Playoffs. YOur gonna have to beat a Rodgers or Brady or a Seahawks Defense or Giants Defense.. (likely all of them). Assuming the Cowboys get a bye, their first game will be vs the Giants or Packers... maybe the Falcons or Lions (which would be easier, at least on paper) but regardless. to be the best, you have to beat the best!

Best Case scenario, the Cowboys beat the Lions/Falcons/Dolphins and hoist the Lombardi.
But you and i both know they will have to beat the Packers/Seahawks/Patriots... but at least if they take this route, you wont hear any naysayers saying, they had it easy or they got lucky...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football