U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 10:38 AM

1,281 posts, read 506,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
You know what was impressive? That they didn't play their best and still won by 18 against a top notch defense.
Not if that same team had a Highschool Offense which is not good since the competition gets better the further they go.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:48 AM

5,647 posts, read 4,233,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
You know what was impressive? That they didn't play their best and still won by 18 against a top notch defense.
Not sure how impressive it was but a win is a win.. they didn't play well but WON and advanced. They will have to play better next week and i am sure they will..

Old 01-15-2017, 11:55 AM

4,989 posts, read 11,074,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I wouldn't have guessed they had already played in 5 straight and now are playing in a sixth consecutive. I mean if you told me six years ago that the Pats were going to play in 5 straight AFC Championship games I would assume they would have won at least two super bowls and been to three at a minimum.
You know whats almost more impressive though?

17 straight seasons of NOT making the playoffs AT ALL

I mean the Bills record of futility is absolutely EPIC, you almost have to TRY to be that bad, even the Cleveland Browns have been to the Playoffs more recently than the Bills.

Of course this is the same team that went to 4 straight Superbowls and managed to lose ALL OF THEM

I would assume a team making 4 straight Superbowls would win at least 2 of them at minimum

Old 01-15-2017, 12:37 PM

11,727 posts, read 11,567,118 times
I hear same thing from people telling me when season is over about Packers wasting Rodgers, how they always fail, one and done, I've heard it all. However, some of them support teams year in and year out, that haven't been to the playoffs in years.

I'll take trips to playoffs 8 years in a row (Pats & Pack) and a SB win in that time frame, over never making the playoffs.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:53 PM

2,133 posts, read 990,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Not if that same team had a Highschool Offense which is not good since the competition gets better the further they go.
I wouldn't expect them to play two 'bad' games in a row.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:59 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,865,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

I mean the Bills record of futility is absolutely EPIC, you almost have to TRY to be that bad, even the Cleveland Browns have been to the Playoffs more recently than the Bills.

Of course this is the same team that went to 4 straight Superbowls and managed to lose ALL OF THEM

I would assume a team making 4 straight Superbowls would win at least 2 of them at minimum
LOL. Jeez, hate to see what you are like when the pats lose. It's all good. Good teams come and go. Pats were never really on the radar before Brady and Belicheck. Enjoy it while it lasts rather than attack a poster of another team who is routinely on your side of arguments favoring Brady as a GOAT.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:05 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,865,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I hear same thing from people telling me when season is over about Packers wasting Rodgers, how they always fail, one and done, I've heard it all. However, some of them support teams year in and year out, that haven't been to the playoffs in years.

I'll take trips to playoffs 8 years in a row (Pats & Pack) and a SB win in that time frame, over never making the playoffs.
There is truth to that though. Look at Marino. Damn good player but only one super bowl appearance. We're talking Dan Marino. A legend. One of the best EVER. Rodgers is already one of the best ever and it will 100% be a shame if he only makes it to ONE super bowl in his career. Don't let the my Bills or even the Browns be the barometer of failure and success.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:06 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,006,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

Closed for mod review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football