U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 08:25 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times

Advertisements

There are naysayers and in my way of thinking, getting to the playoffs isn't a walk in the park, certainly winning the SB is a tough road. Some fans will always poo poo certain teams no matter what! Bravo to the Cowboys if they get there! I've been tough on the Cowboys in the past, but it is because of watching NFL Network, they do love their Cowboys!

In our market, Packers get bashed for winning 1 SB with Aaron Rodgers, losing in the playoffs (granted 2014 was a bad loss), keeping McCarthy and Capers too long, it goes on and on. I'm happy they reach the playoffs every year, how many teams do it? Only Pats and Pack the last 7 playoffs, something to be said for consistency and stability in a franchise (plus an elite QB I realize)!

Old 12-20-2016, 08:59 AM

1,281 posts, read 504,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I agree with this but there are no gimmes in the Playoffs. YOur gonna have to beat a Rodgers or Brady or a Seahawks Defense or Giants Defense.. (likely all of them). Assuming the Cowboys get a bye, their first game will be vs the Giants or Packers... maybe the Falcons or Lions (which would be easier, at least on paper) but regardless. to be the best, you have to beat the best!

Best Case scenario, the Cowboys beat the Lions/Falcons/Dolphins and hoist the Lombardi.
But you and i both know they will have to beat the Packers/Seahawks/Patriots... but at least if they take this route, you wont hear any naysayers saying, they had it easy or they got lucky...
SB runs are not supposed to be easy

Old 12-20-2016, 09:00 AM

Eagles will probably lose on purpose Thursday night so the cowboys won't win the division

Old 12-20-2016, 09:03 AM

3,721 posts, read 3,876,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
There are naysayers and in my way of thinking, getting to the playoffs isn't a walk in the park, certainly winning the SB is a tough road. Some fans will always poo poo certain teams no matter what! Bravo to the Cowboys if they get there! I've been tough on the Cowboys in the past, but it is because of watching NFL Network, they do love their Cowboys!

In our market, Packers get bashed for winning 1 SB with Aaron Rodgers, losing in the playoffs (granted 2014 was a bad loss), keeping McCarthy and Capers too long, it goes on and on. I'm happy they reach the playoffs every year, how many teams do it? Only Pats and Pack the last 7 playoffs, something to be said for consistency and stability in a franchise (plus an elite QB I realize)!
One of the best things about the NFL playoffs is that you either win, or go home. This isn't the NBA where you have 7 game series and go sh*t the bed in game 1 and 2 and turn things around. You show up on Saturday or Sunday and play your best, if not chances are you're going home. It really is tough to string together 3-4 wins come January.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:06 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
Aren't Giants on kind of a win streak and probably would beat the Eagles anyways, or am I wrong? I picked them to win!

Old 12-20-2016, 09:16 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,126,765 times
Quote:
Bears are a tough team, I think they found their QB! I was surprised at Lions/Bears game, then saw first hand, not the team Packers played early in the season.

The wildcard in the NFC is going to be interesting and Packers or the Lions might be in the mix. I haven't looked at the conference records. Of course, homer that I am, still thinking Packers beat the Lions so no wild card for them!

Wow, didn't realize when I typed this Packers are in the 6th seed spot! I think Redskins are really a long shot now.
They have to win their remaining games and for Tampa Bay to lose once (New Orleans and Carolina) If the Lions beat the Cowboys and the Packers win the NFC North the following week, the Lions will fall to the sixth seed.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:17 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,126,765 times
Quote:
Aren't Giants on kind of a win streak and probably would beat the Eagles anyways, or am I wrong? I picked them to win!
NFC East games are unpredictable.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:35 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,220,455 times
The Eagles are on a losing streak but they have been competitive in most of those games.. i expect them to come out and play hard... if that will be enough to win, i don't know but i am confident they play hard and give the Giants all they want.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:04 AM

4,291 posts, read 1,856,246 times
What has to happen this weekend for Bills to stay alive:

One of Tenn or Hou have to lose. Tenn is at Jacksonville. Houston is home to Cincinnati.
Baltimore has to lose Pittsburgh.
Buffalo beats Miami.
If just one of the above three things does not happen Bills are eliminated.

Then Week 17:
Oakland beats Denver
New England beats Miami
Cincinnati beats Baltimore
Houston @ Tennessee: Which ever team losses this week, needs to also lose this game. If both lose this week then either can lose.
Buffalo beats NY Jets

Bills, Broncos and Dolphins could all be tied at 9-7 in this scenario. Bills first eliminate tie within division by way of SOV over Dolphins. Then Bills break tie over Broncos based on better record in common games (3-2 vs. 2-3 THANK YOU ROGER GOODELL FOR THE TOM BRADY FOUR GAME SUSPENSION).

I have not yet looked into what happens if the Colts win out and also finish 9-7. I will assume for now that they will lose to Oakland this week. But if they are able to get past Oakland, we could see a four way tie at 9-7.

I am a huge Bengals fan these last two weeks. And at least with all the help we need, there is nothing ridiculous like needing Cleveland to beat Baltimore. That's usually the case in years past. All I ask for is a chance still going into week 17.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Giants have a 2 game winning streak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football