Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2017, 11:29 AM

464 posts, read 301,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
If cowboys do lose I hope it's not because dak threw a INT or fumbled because I would be very disappointed in him. You don't have to be the reason the cowboys win but you damm sure can't be the reason they lose as the starting QB
If he loses, I think it will be because the defense puts them in a position where he has to throw a lot to keep up for comeback. With these other offenses, I can easily see other teams exploiting their secondary for big plays.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:31 AM

10,004 posts, read 11,082,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
I disagree. There's a huge difference between 13-3 and just making the playoffs. If the Cowboys had a lesser record and made it, there would be lesser expectations. Making the playoffs and maybe winning one playoff game would be accepted. Now that they locked up the #1 seed, went 13-3 and performed like a machine on offense all year, there are huge Super Bowl expectations.

Prescott overachieving in his first year is an understatement. He's done everything you can ask for and more. They are the favorites however not clear cut above the rest. 3 or 4 other teams can easily beat them in the NFC. He may not be the reason why they would lose but he may be positioned in 2 or 3 weeks doing a lot more than expected but coming up short.
Exactly...you don't play with house money after a 13-3 and 1 seed.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:33 AM

1,281 posts, read 771,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Exactly...you don't play with house money after a 13-3 and 1 seed.
I said HE is playing with house money not the team. He already has job security and is the new starter so it doesn't matter if he loses in 2 weeks or not because he is the new starter which means he is playing with house money

Old 01-02-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
I said HE is playing with house money not the team. He already has job security and is the new starter so it doesn't matter if he loses in 2 weeks or not because he is the new starter which means he is playing with house money
, ok..well that is a different take. If this is what you mean I can see that.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
, ok..well that is a different take. If this is what you mean I can see that.
Yeah since he is a rookie and this is his first playoff appearance there is no pressure on him to win the SB although it would be nice but he is the starter regardless if they lose or not. Now there will be expectations in 2 or 3 years if he continues to get to the playoffs.

And I don't see being a RG3 and going south next season because his playing style is different. He is not a run first type of QB which is what RG3 was and the reason he is on his way out of the NFL.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah since he is a rookie and this is his first playoff appearance there is no pressure on him to win the SB although it would be nice but he is the starter regardless if they lose or not. Now there will be expectations in 2 or 3 years if he continues to get to the playoffs.

And I don't see being a RG3 and going south next season because his playing style is different. He is not a run first type of QB which is what RG3 was and the reason he is on his way out of the NFL.
No he is not an RG111 type. He is more Russell Wilson. The key for his development will be when teams are able to stop the run and he is forced to live down the field. I think he will be fine but actually the giants would be the true test for him. They will in fact make him go deep or at least intermediate. I think he can do it but that is his real test right now. He failed in NY but that was cold nasty weather. In Dallas he should find more success.

My opinion. Dallas handles G.B. with ease.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:57 AM

14,287 posts, read 14,539,091 times
Saw something interesting about NFC playoff teams, already knew about the Packers. Giants, Lions, Packers, Seahawks don't have over 600 yards rushing. Teams with the bye have over 1,000 yards.

On the Packers, Rodgers has 370 not a good thing, Montgomery 450 although they didn't start using him as an RB until late in the season.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:19 AM

I'm not all that intrigued by Saturdays games

Raiders vs Texans

Lions vs Seattle

Sunday had the better games

Dolphins vs Steelers

Giants vs Packers

Old 01-03-2017, 11:39 AM

17 posts, read 7,556 times
I cant figure whey they made the Lions/Seahawks game the "Prime Time" game....I would have thought the Giants/Packers would be a better choice

Old 01-03-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art of War View Post
I cant figure whey they made the Lions/Seahawks game the "Prime Time" game....I would have thought the Giants/Packers would be a better choice
They put the lions game on Saturday because that's when a lot of people go out. They saved the night game between the giants and Packers on sunday because more people will be home to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football