Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 10:19 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,627,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
NFC players aren't taking losing too well. What do we expect from Michael Bennett though?

Seahawks DE Michael Bennett goes on profanity-laced tirade against reporter
Bennett was out of sorts most of the game.. I agree with him that Ryan was simply getting the ball out of his hands quick and negating any rush from the Seahawks.. Still no reason to let what happened on the field carry over to the locker room. His team lost to the better team, happens all the time in the NFL.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:23 PM

1,281 posts, read 769,737 times
Brock with Interception Number 3

Old 01-14-2017, 10:25 PM

8,590 posts, read 14,749,848 times
That interception was all on Osweiler. Not even close to his target.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:24 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,730,209 times
So New England will play in its sixth-consecutive conference championship game, the all-time longest streak. Second is the five times in a row by the Raiders in the 1970s. It's also worth noting that the conference now has 16 teams - back then there was a little less competition, as the AFC only had 13 teams (well, 14 teams in the last two years of the Oakland streak, but the Buccaneers and Seahawks were expansion teams that posed no threat to make the playoffs, much less win a postseason game). No team has gone to the NFC Championship Game more than four years in a row.

Brady will start his 11th conference championship game, the most of any quarterback. Montana is second with seven starts - that's a pretty hefty separation between the two. The most by any other active player is, I believe, Ben Roethlisberger with four.

Belichick will coach his 11th conference championship game, breaking the record he currently shares with Tom Landry.

Brady has now won 23 postseason games as a starting QB. Again, his lead over the second-place player (Montana again, who has 16) is large. Roethlisberger is in 7th-place with 12 - with a win today he would tie Brett Favre for 6th-place. Brady also shares the record for the most conference championship game losses (at 4, with Ken Stabler and Donovan McNabb). An upset next week with give him a record he doesn't want all to himself.

And the stat that I really think is incredible is this:
In the Brady-Belichick era, the Patriots are 12-2 in their first playoff game. That's an 86% winning percentage against playoff teams that themselves collective finished their regular seasons with a 67% winning percentage. Even the fact that every one of those games has been in Foxborough (the Pats always kick off the playoffs with a home game because they always win their division, and only wild cards start on the road) doesn't change the fact that that stat is amazing.

Home teams are 6-0 so far. Since the merger (1970), the Divisional Round of the playoffs has never ended without at least one road team winning - even back before 1978, when there were no wild card games. The last time the NFL completed a postseason with no road teams winning (not counting the Super Bowl, of course, which is always played at a pre-determined site) was in 1967, when all 3 NFL playoff games (and the sole AFL playoff game) saw the hosts win. Of course, there are still four games to go - the odds say at least one road team will win.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:48 AM

14,284 posts, read 14,514,220 times
the odds say at least one road team will win and I am hoping it is the Packers today! Go Pack Go!

Old 01-15-2017, 09:03 AM

6,327 posts, read 3,568,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
So New England will play in its sixth-consecutive conference .
I wouldn't have guessed they had already played in 5 straight and now are playing in a sixth consecutive. I mean if you told me six years ago that the Pats were going to play in 5 straight AFC Championship games I would assume they would have won at least two super bowls and been to three at a minimum.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:33 AM

The Pats did nothing impressive yesterday. The Texans having one of the worst qb's in nfl history is why the Texans lost the game

Old 01-15-2017, 10:46 AM

6,327 posts, read 3,568,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
The Pats did nothing impressive yesterday. The Texans having one of the worst qb's in nfl history is why the Texans lost the game
I wouldn't say nothing impressive. Pats got quite a few big passing plays. A few of which seemed incredibly lucky, but when you have a history of making those plays over and over again (kind of like Rodgers and his hail Mary's) is it really luck? It's what really won the game for them. I think everyone is salivating for a Steelers vs. Pats AFC Championship game but we'll see what the Chiefs have to say about that tonight.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I wouldn't say nothing impressive. Pats got quite a few big passing plays. A few of which seemed incredibly lucky, but when you have a history of making those plays over and over again (kind of like Rodgers and his hail Mary's) is it really luck? It's what really won the game for them. I think everyone is salivating for a Steelers vs. Pats AFC Championship game but we'll see what the Chiefs have to say about that tonight.
Unfortunately the pats won't see any competition until February because both remaining AFC have weaknesses. The steelers have no defense and the Chiefs have a weak offense and a average qb

That is not the case with any of the NFC teams left when it comes to offense and their QB

Old 01-15-2017, 11:05 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,443,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
You know what was impressive? That they didn't play their best and still won by 18 against a top notch defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football