U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 12:59 PM

578 posts, read 331,391 times

Advertisements

The MVP is Brady's to lose. 22 touchdowns, 2 picks. Leads the league in passer rating. Has New England as the #1 seed currently. 39 years old. GOAT

We know nobody afc is gonna stop them only ones with a chance is steelers,ravens,broncos(oakland is a joke compare to patroits

So if brady who isn't gonna get mvp and most likely going to superbowl who else is gonna get?

Old 12-13-2016, 01:10 PM

2,857 posts, read 1,453,859 times
You gotta take those first 4 game suspension into account though where he was suspended, so I doubt it.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:39 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,862,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
The MVP is Brady's to lose. 22 touchdowns, 2 picks. Leads the league in passer rating. Has New England as the #1 seed currently. 39 years old. GOAT

We know nobody afc is gonna stop them only ones with a chance is steelers,ravens,broncos(oakland is a joke compare to patroits

So if brady who isn't gonna get mvp and most likely going to superbowl who else is gonna get?
Don't sleep on KC either. Something about that team this year. KC and New England matched up last year in the playoffs. I could see a repeat. KC looks like a team that has improved from last year so I'd expect an even closer game in the playoffs. Smith is one of my favorite QBs because people keep using that game manager label with him.

But I do agree. Oakland doesn't have the right make up to compete with the Patriots.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:06 PM

6,633 posts, read 10,688,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
You gotta take those first 4 game suspension into account though where he was suspended, so I doubt it.
That may actually work in his favor: some sportswriters may view the suspension as a personal vendetta, certainly a lot of fans do.

But first the Patriots would have to win the number one seed in the AFC, possibly also best record in the NFL, and there are still three games left.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:47 PM

4,986 posts, read 11,064,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Don't sleep on KC either. Something about that team this year. KC and New England matched up last year in the playoffs. I could see a repeat. KC looks like a team that has improved from last year so I'd expect an even closer game in the playoffs. Smith is one of my favorite QBs because people keep using that game manager label with him.

But I do agree. Oakland doesn't have the right make up to compete with the Patriots.
Smith is a game manager....

He has thrown for less yards than Brady, has half as many as TD's and twice as many INT's with Brady having played 4 less games....he also has only 18 4th quarter comebacks in 11 seasons...if KC is down big Smith isn't likely bringing you back..

KC is a good team though and I think they are probably the second best team in the AFC and Arrowhead is a tough, tough place to play. Really hope the Pats' can get home field over the Chiefs

If I were betting today on AFC Championship matchup it would KC-New England....hopefully in Foxborough

Old 12-13-2016, 02:49 PM

1,583 posts, read 986,672 times
I agree with Bill the Butcher.. KC is legit. And Pats and Chiefs are the class of the AFC heading in to the playoffs. My opinion, Oakland's defense is too suspect for a deep run.

But that said, I do think Oakland has the MVP, in Carr. Brady is the better QB, but Carr has been the most valuable QB to his team/in the league this season. I think the voting will come down to Carr & Brady as the 1 & 2..

Strangely NFL.com had a reader's MVP poll last week, that excluded Carr (?)

Old 12-14-2016, 12:44 AM

578 posts, read 331,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
But first the Patriots would have to win the number one seed in the AFC, possibly also best record in the NFL, and there are still three games left.
come on patroits have won the afc 3 straight years,all the teams that won afc championship had to go through patroits.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:51 AM

15,067 posts, read 4,808,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
I agree with Bill the Butcher.. KC is leit isit. And Pats and Chiefs are the class of the AFC heading in to the playoffs. My opinion, Oakland's defense is too suspect for a deep run.

But that said, I do think Oakland has the MVP, in Carr. Brady is the better QB, but Carr has been the most valuable QB to his team/in the league this season. I think the voting will come down to Carr & Brady as the 1 & 2..

Strangely NFL.com had a reader's MVP poll last week, that excluded Carr (?)
I would have also picked Carr before his lackluster game at Kansas City last Thursday night. Now it is a tossup between him and Brady IMO. Whoever plays better these last three games will win it. Shame on NFL.com. Lol.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:40 AM

6,633 posts, read 10,688,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
come on patroits have won the afc 3 straight years,all the teams that won afc championship had to go through patroits.
Not sure what you are talking about. Denver has been the number one seed in the AFC two of the past three years, beating the Patriots twice in the championship game in Denver.

But, true, New England has been the number one seed three of the past five years, each time playing the championship game at home, winning twice, losing once.

In any case, my point was that, to bolster Brady's chances of being named MVP for the 2016 season, it would help if the Patriots this year were to win the top seed in the conference, and better yet the best record in the NFL. Certainly possible, but there are still three games left.

Last edited by bale002; 12-14-2016 at 02:54 AM..

Old 12-14-2016, 08:19 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,862,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Smith is a game manager....

He has thrown for less yards than Brady, has half as many as TD's and twice as many INT's with Brady having played 4 less games....he also has only 18 4th quarter comebacks in 11 seasons...if KC is down big Smith isn't likely bringing you back..
I wonder how many of those 18 are specifically from his days with the Chiefs, or in other words, in his last four seasons or so? Probably the majority of them.

We know he wasn't leading comebacks in his early days with the 49ers because he and the whole 49er team stinked back then. Then when the 49ers got good, he maybe had a couple comeback wins, but probably not a lot considering how good the defense was then when he was a starter for what a season and a half or so before Kaepernick took over during that great 49er run.

I'm not going to hold it against him that he didn't have comeback wins early in his career. The point is, he improved considerably as his career went on. He's hardly a game manager QB in my opinion. Not saying he is an MVP candidate like Carr, Brady, Rogers, Stafford. But he's no game manger.

So far this year he has 3 4th quarter comeback wins, not including the recent win against the Falcons since that was an Eric Berry pick 2 that gave them the lead. Brady has 1 4th quarter comeback win this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football