U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-19-2016, 10:06 AM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,880,962 times
Reputation: 2779

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Elway laughing his balls off....

Osweiler fleeced em.
Elway shouldn't be laughing at anyone right now - his team may very well be out of the playoffs thanks to their putrid offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-19-2016, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,561 posts, read 10,274,001 times
Reputation: 9802
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Elway shouldn't be laughing at anyone right now - his team may very well be out of the playoffs thanks to their putrid offense.
Yeah but Denver's paying $540k for Siemian (and getting better productivity out of him) compared to Osweiler's $16 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2016, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,647 posts, read 33,439,851 times
Reputation: 32369
It is just ironic that one of the most meme receiving QBs in the NFL gets replaced by a guy named Savage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2016, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,647 posts, read 33,439,851 times
Reputation: 32369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Elway shouldn't be laughing at anyone right now - his team may very well be out of the playoffs thanks to their putrid offense.
The Broncos lost their starting RB and have O-Line issues that compromised their offense thus giving adversity to a QB who is under a 7th round contract. The Texans have a healthy and talented WR corps and a decent offensive line with a decent run game that their $72 million QB still can't produce with. Elway probably ain't laughing but he should feel vindicated by not bowing to Brock's demands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2016, 11:12 AM
Status: "Dow hits new high - over 27,000!" (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
46,878 posts, read 37,036,075 times
Reputation: 28348
Like a lot of people before the season started, I loved the chances Osweiler had given the Texans, to help them get to the next level. He was going to set new records for Houston quarterbacks and do some big things for a franchise that needed them. This was going to be big.

He ended up as one of the NFL's biggest disappointments this season.

So here comes Tom Savage. Although he didn't throw an actual touchdown pass, he passed for 260 yards after picking up the pieces, setting up big plays for his teammates and moving the ball down the field. After Sunday's comeback by Savage, he's earned the right to start the next two games and possibly beyond.

As for Osweiler, he reportedly has said that he'll do whatever Coach O'Brien wants him to do and help out Savage. Stay tuned on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2016, 11:50 AM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,880,962 times
Reputation: 2779
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Yeah but Denver's paying $540k for Siemian (and getting better productivity out of him) compared to Osweiler's $16 million.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The Broncos lost their starting RB and have O-Line issues that compromised their offense thus giving adversity to a QB who is under a 7th round contract. The Texans have a healthy and talented WR corps and a decent offensive line with a decent run game that their $72 million QB still can't produce with. Elway probably ain't laughing but he should feel vindicated by not bowing to Brock's demands.
Denver won the Super Bowl last year and could very well miss the playoffs this year. You can talk all you want about how much better value the Broncos have with Siemian. Doesn't change the fact that a team that won the Super Bowl could very well miss the playoffs the next season. Every team in the league has injuries, Denver is not alone in that respect.

I never said Brock was a good QB, or that he is worth what Houston gave him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2016, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,647 posts, read 33,439,851 times
Reputation: 32369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Denver won the Super Bowl last year and could very well miss the playoffs this year. You can talk all you want about how much better value the Broncos have with Siemian. Doesn't change the fact that a team that won the Super Bowl could very well miss the playoffs the next season. Every team in the league has injuries, Denver is not alone in that respect.

I never said Brock was a good QB, or that he is worth what Houston gave him.
I'm a Panthers fan. Personnel decisions weakened us this year too from the Super Bowl to out the playoff hunt but doesn't mean they weren't the right decisions long-term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2016, 01:39 PM
 
9,426 posts, read 7,090,419 times
Reputation: 12202
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
The Bradford move was essential with the short playoff window but a terrible value move. At least with Osweiler, it's just the billionaire owner that eats the guaranteed $ if Savage works out.
Look.. That Bradford move may buy them several years.. Bridgewater from what I hear is NOT doing well with rehab.

Word is that this could be an RG3/Duante Culpepper type situation.. Where even if he does make it back, he'll never be the same player again. He was developing somewhat nicely into a pocket passer.. This will have to accelerate that development

So... I'm not expecting Bradford to ever be a superstar in the league, but.. They could have done far worse, especially if he winds up being the stater for more than just this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2016, 01:44 PM
 
578 posts, read 331,010 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Houston is a competent QB away from being a Super Bowl contender. Their defense is better than the Raiders and Chiefs, they have more offensive skill than the Chiefs, etc. The Patriots are the only team ahead of the pack in the AFC. Play to win the whole thing and put yourself in the best position to win!

**** Brock Osweiler and his big-ass contract!
AGREE! Houston HAS all the talent,offense and defense whats holding them back is the qb situation from being super bowl contenders!

Osweiler wasnt that good in arizona state either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2016, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,647 posts, read 33,439,851 times
Reputation: 32369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Look.. That Bradford move may buy them several years.. Bridgewater from what I hear is NOT doing well with rehab.

Word is that this could be an RG3/Duante Culpepper type situation.. Where even if he does make it back, he'll never be the same player again. He was developing somewhat nicely into a pocket passer.. This will have to accelerate that development

So... I'm not expecting Bradford to ever be a superstar in the league, but.. They could have done far worse, especially if he winds up being the stater for more than just this year.
Bradford's trade wasn't nowhere near as bad as giving $72 million for Osweiler's production. It is very much in doubt that Bridgewater will play again. I think the offensive line crumbling is the source of the Vikings drop off from the 5-0 team they were rather than Sam Bradford bein the average QB he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top