U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the NFL MVP in 2016?
Matt Ryan 11 18.64%
Aaron Rodgers 10 16.95%
Le'Veon Bell 1 1.69%
Tom Brady 18 30.51%
Derek Carr 2 3.39%
Matt Stafford 3 5.08%
Dak Prescott 6 10.17%
Ezekiel Elliot 7 11.86%
Jamies Winston 0 0%
Marcus Mariota 0 0%
Eli Manning 1 1.69%
Other (Who?) 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 05:25 PM

578 posts, read 331,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Don't forget that Brady was gift wrapped a team already in 1st place in their division with the season already a quarter done.
true and missing that quarter season he had 22 tds and 2 interceptions so far and 1 loss!

how many of those qbs can do that?

His having a master season as usual

and for the last 15 years only players in the afc to be in superbowl have been

brady,manning,ben,and joel flaco!

history repeats itself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 05:54 PM

4,986 posts, read 11,062,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyriser18 View Post
Best player in the NFL is a different discussion. We are talking about the 2016 MVP and there are many reasons he isn't that in this thread.

More: teams Brady has played: Browns, Bengals, Steelers (w/o Ben), Bills, Seahawks, 49ers, Jets, Rams, Ravens, Broncos (55-85 combined record). His passer rating was poor against Seattle and Denver, the only two elite defenses on the list.

QB's like Ryan, Rodgers, Carr and Stafford have to overcome terrible defenses. Ryan has scored over 41 points in back to back weeks without Julio Jones and has thrown a TD in every game. Brady has not thrown a TD in 20% of his games this season.
The thread is titled "Who will be NFL MVP"

Like it or not, in the NFL, MVP=best QB on best team.....

Brady is the best QB on the best team so he is definitely in the discussion and has been since his first game back...

Brady hasn't lost a game for his team this season, Matt Ryan has....

I thought Ryan had played himself out of the MVP discussion with that game against KC but he has bounced back and not having Julio helps his case....

I'm with those that don't understand how Dak's name is even mentioned for this award, Zeke is the MVP of that team plus if your owner has to go public and state you won't be benched...yet....you have no business being in the MVP discussion

While I would love to see Brady win a MVP this year (mostly as a ********* to Goodell) I think Ryan, if he finishes strong will likely win the award

Old 12-19-2016, 06:16 PM

5,630 posts, read 4,227,315 times
Are you trying to say that it WAS NOT Brady's fault that the Pats lost to the Seahawks earlier or you just forgot about it?

If you credit him with yesterdays win vs the Broncos, you certainly have to credit him for the LOSS to the Seahawks..

Old 12-19-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Are you trying to say that it WAS NOT Brady's fault that the Pats lost to the Seahawks earlier or you just forgot about it?

If you credit him with yesterdays win vs the Broncos, you certainly have to credit him for the LOSS to the Seahawks..
EXACTLY still mvp,1 LOSS!!!Even though they are playing without the best tide end the GRONK it is showing his mvp status!!

Old 12-19-2016, 06:34 PM

Considering ryan's team isnt EVEN #1 in their division,or have number one team!

Brady #1 in their division(tied with the best record in nfl)

He cleary deserves mvp but goodwell doesnt want to do that,but hey it makes brady even better!

ring 5 coming soon

Old 12-19-2016, 06:51 PM

4,986 posts, read 11,062,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post

Really??

I guess I missed it...

Did he throw TWO INT's that were returned for scores that DIRECTLY LED TO A LOSS the way Ryan did????

I'm also pretty sure the New England Defense's inability to contain Russell Wilson allowing 348 yards and 3 TD's had more to do with the Pats losing to Seattle....

There was also the no call on the 4th down fade to Gronk that could have tied the game....it was something either Offensive PI or Defensive holding but refs swallowed the whistle

So do I think Brady LOST the game against Seattle?? Seattle isn't exactly a powerhouse offense so giving up 31 at home to that team was inexcusable. Defense lost that game....

As for yesterday's game, Brady gets "credit" for the win as in his winning percentage....but no he didn't WIN the game for them, the Defense, Running game and Special Teams had much more to do with winning that game...

He also didn't LOSE the game for them by being careless with the ball the way Ryan was...

Old 12-19-2016, 08:58 PM

16,806 posts, read 9,127,464 times

Old 12-20-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Really??

I guess I missed it...

Did he throw TWO INT's that were returned for scores that DIRECTLY LED TO A LOSS the way Ryan did????

I'm also pretty sure the New England Defense's inability to contain Russell Wilson allowing 348 yards and 3 TD's had more to do with the Pats losing to Seattle....

There was also the no call on the 4th down fade to Gronk that could have tied the game....it was something either Offensive PI or Defensive holding but refs swallowed the whistle

So do I think Brady LOST the game against Seattle?? Seattle isn't exactly a powerhouse offense so giving up 31 at home to that team was inexcusable. Defense lost that game....

As for yesterday's game, Brady gets "credit" for the win as in his winning percentage....but no he didn't WIN the game for them, the Defense, Running game and Special Teams had much more to do with winning that game...

He also didn't LOSE the game for them by being careless with the ball the way Ryan was...

That was MY QUESTION.. You don't think Brady LOST the game vs the Seahawks.. the defense did.. especially the way Matt Ryan basically gift wrapped the Chiefs a win at the Georgia Dome...

In the end... team record will not DECIDE the MVP race.. had Brady not missed 4 games, he would clearly be the front runner.. but because he did.. that leaves room for other players like Matt Ryan to have a good chance. Like it or not, some voters will disqualify Brady for that month where he did not play and some will over look him because this is what he ALWAYS does..

Old 12-20-2016, 08:34 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,861,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
The details from that play are fuzzy, but isn't that exactly what the refs SHOULD do given those circumstances. You can't call it one way or the other when both are jostling like that. I'm not sure off-setting offensive and defensive PI have ever in the history of the NFL been called on the same engaged players. At least I have never seen it. Maybe it's something the rules committee could look into in the off-season.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
The details from that play are fuzzy, but isn't that exactly what the refs SHOULD do given those circumstances. You can't call it one way or the other when both are jostling like that. I'm not sure off-setting offensive and defensive PI have ever in the history of the NFL been called on the same engaged players. At least I have never seen it. Maybe it's something the rules committee could look into in the off-season.
I seem to also remember seeing Brady fumble the snap on what looked like a QB sneak... First time i recall Brady not being able to execute a short yardage QB sneak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football