Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 10:14 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think the Seahawks from a few YEARS ago would... but not today.
Ask me again in a few years...

BTW, nothing worries me more about this team than DAK being a one hit wonder.... can he, can they back it up next year? That's my biggest question and if they can't then i will be VERY Disappointed, much more so than anything they do this year!
Right..that's why I would want to win NOW when you are in position.. NFCEAST Dallas fans being greedy? The team is 12-2 WITH A 1 SEED...

Also, let me restate my position on this. I think Dallas fans should not consider this year a failure if they don't make the SB..I think a disappointment is more the word. Does that help any? No way is Dallas a failure this year no matter what from this point but I'll be damned if i was a fan I wouldn't be a bit bummed if they lose now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 10:36 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Expectations continue to grow... obviously the #1 seed was the furthest thing from any Cowboy fans mind when the season started but once they got to 10-1 it seemed as if they had to get the #1 seed or it would be a huge disappointment. Now that they have it, if the are 1 and done.. wow.. very disappointed.. at some point though... disappointment becomes more heart break than anything. I think if the Cowboys play well in the playoffs and come up short despite that.. then its more heart break than disappointment. Kinda like the Packers game a few years back.. they played well, but not well enough and it was heart breaking more than it was disappointing. Now if they get steam rolled in the first round... wow.. that will be hard to put into words and not something i care to think about but disappointment would probably NOT cover it.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:49 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
The bye is not always a good thing especially if they start resting players the next two games. They'll most likely be playing a hot Packers team or the Giants. Could easily see a rookie QB have a bad game under all the pressure.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:30 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Right..that's why I would want to win NOW when you are in position.. NFCEAST Dallas fans being greedy? The team is 12-2 WITH A 1 SEED...

Also, let me restate my position on this. I think Dallas fans should not consider this year a failure if they don't make the SB..I think a disappointment is more the word. Does that help any? No way is Dallas a failure this year no matter what from this point but I'll be damned if i was a fan I wouldn't be a bit bummed if they lose now.
Considering the Cowboys have done very little in the last 21 years - they have only 3 playoff wins in the span - a playoff win should mean this season was a success.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:34 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
I'm curious as to why you have this Falcons team rated so highly. The ATL teams from 2010-12 especially the 2012 team were better and much more molded for the playoffs. They had reliable physical playmakeers like Roddy White and T Gonz. This team looks different from the first five weeks and a lot of their game is quick downfield pass plays against bad defenses. Everything slows down in the playoffs and teams scheme against the best weapons. If Julio Jones is being triple teamed, who is the reliable threat to throw to. Taylor Gabriel & Devonta Freeman have been great against the Rams, Niners and some pathetic defenses as of late but can they step up in a 20-17 4th quarter game? Atlanta's offense along with Oakland is the worst suited out of all the contenders for these type of games. People love that hot fresh exciting offense entering the playoffs but I've seen plenty of examples over the past ten years of teams just crashing and burning ('08 Panthers & Titans, '10 Atlanta, '11&'12 Bengals)

If ATL beats NYG in the playoffs, I think it will be because the Falcons come out early and jump out to like a 21-0 where they're in their own element. The Giants don't lose games blowing fourth quarter leads especially to ATL. If NYG loses, it will because the whole team including Eli starts out flat where they get so far behind early, which is very possible with Eli Manning.

The Falcons play better at home

Old 12-23-2016, 03:36 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
The bye is not always a good thing especially if they start resting players the next two games. They'll most likely be playing a hot Packers team or the Giants. Could easily see a rookie QB have a bad game under all the pressure.
You ever notice when the team on a bye wins the media says the team is well rested. But when a team who has a bye lose the media says they were rusty. Lol

Old 12-23-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
You ever notice when the team on a bye wins the media says the team is well rested. But when a team who has a bye lose the media says they were rusty. Lol
haha..very true.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Considering the Cowboys have done very little in the last 21 years - they have only 3 playoff wins in the span - a playoff win should mean this season was a success.
12-2 number 1 seed. What happened in the past has what to do with this year?

Old 12-23-2016, 04:46 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
12-2 number 1 seed. What happened in the past has what to do with this year?
Remember in 2007 when they went 13-3, had the #1 seed and lost to the Giants in the divisional round? Guess not.

My point still stands - if Dallas wins a playoff game this seaso should be considered a success for them given their lack of success over the past 21 years.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Remember in 2007 when they went 13-3, had the #1 seed and lost to the Giants in the divisional round? Guess not.

My point still stands - if Dallas wins a playoff game this seaso should be considered a success for them given their lack of success over the past 21 years.
Sure do..and that fits my point directly! Dallas fans considered that season a total fail ...Right?

Number 1 seeds not making the SB is a disappointment ..you can paint it any way you want. For some teams it may be a fail , others maybe not, but it is ALWAYS a disappointment.

Look , anything can happen in the playoffs and I trust each playoff team will be disappointed if they don't win. It is laughable you guys are battling this.

I think I ruffled feathers with the word FAIL. The 2007 team was a fail..this one would not be a fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football