U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 07:15 PM

4,848 posts, read 6,364,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
in his career romo only ONE playoff game,i agree with that comment he is garbage and its good cowboys benched him even though i still think cowboys have been lucky they play much better then romo!

Now next year will be the true test if dak or elliot are franchise.
It takes more than one player to win a Super Bowl. By your logic Trent Dilfer was an amazing quarterback. Romo never played with a running back of Elliott's caliber. If Romo put up the same numbers along with the same playoff results with any team other than the Cowboys he'd get more respect. Cowboys fanbase has a lot of delusional expectations and the rest of the fans love to hate on 'em.

Dak may prove to be the better quarterback over time but a lot of the Romo hate is hyperbole.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:22 PM

2,757 posts, read 2,371,487 times
Quote:
The NFC is weak this year
Huh? What are your thoughts on the AFC then if you think the NFC is weak? I think this will be one of the more competitive NFC playoff years.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:23 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,880,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I don't think they got lucky, it just exposed how bad of a quarterback Romo really is.

The Cowboys would have been a better team had they benched Romo long time ago but Jerry refused to listen and kept a revolving door of running backs and receivers thinking that was going to solve the problem.

Dallas needs to admit Romo was/is highly overrated and is largely responsible for how bad the Cowboys have been. Dak and Elliot will continue to do well and I'm happy they're bonding and making sure the chemistry stays strong between them and Elliot rewarding the offensive line for protecting him.

All Bryant and Witten have to do is stay consistent and I'll put money that Romo wouldn't have won 4 straight games let alone 12. I'm no Cowgirls fan but I want to see them succeed now that Romo is finally benched.
If Romo were healthy and had never been injured, I have little doubt Dallas would not be 12-2 as they currently are.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:35 PM

357 posts, read 155,771 times
Quote:
Their schedule all year has been awful,their only quality lucky win was against steelers and against a good oppent like giants lost BOTH times!

The NFC is weak this year but i don't see cowboys making it to their conference championship i think they are posers and in playoffs a team like seawhawks(if fully healthy)will expose them!
I haven't seen the Cowboys in enough situations where they can handle being down in the fourth quarter. They've really had an easy schedule all year and jumped out early in a lot of these games and not to say they should be penalized for this. Dallas is about to enter an NFC playoff field with a lot of good offenses and some of them have some playmakers out there. How will Dak respond down 4 with five minutes remaining to the Giants and that front seven pressure? Can the defense make a stop if Aaron Rodgers needs 40 yards with 35 seconds left to get into field goal range or stopping Russell Wilson?

I just watched the Ravens/Steelers game tonight and Pittsburgh reminds me of Dallas with the same strengths and weaknesses (poised qb, elite rb, elite #1 wr, questionable defense). However there's one huge difference. In the biggest Steelers game of the year down by 10, Ben/Bell/AB were relentless and looked unstoppable when they needed big plays and that's just a killer instinct that it could be their last window to make a deep run. With Dak and Zeke just started, are they going to have that same killer instinct when they need fourth quarter points?

Old 12-25-2016, 07:38 PM

578 posts, read 331,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Does Dallas View Post
If you are going to criticize, you should at least try to get it right or you sound ignorant ....he has TWO playoff wins. Your arms getting tired from trying to stir the pot?
OK my point exactly two play off wins,he has did nothing for cowboys!!

His career is done!

Old 12-25-2016, 07:38 PM

32,468 posts, read 26,339,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I don't think they got lucky, it just exposed how bad of a quarterback Romo really is.

The Cowboys would have been a better team had they benched Romo long time ago but Jerry refused to listen and kept a revolving door of running backs and receivers thinking that was going to solve the problem.

Dallas needs to admit Romo was/is highly overrated and is largely responsible for how bad the Cowboys have been. Dak and Elliot will continue to do well and I'm happy they're bonding and making sure the chemistry stays strong between them and Elliot rewarding the offensive line for protecting him.

All Bryant and Witten have to do is stay consistent and I'll put money that Romo wouldn't have won 4 straight games let alone 12. I'm no Cowgirls fan but I want to see them succeed now that Romo is finally benched.
romo has never really had the support around him like prescott has. 2014 he did, and the cowboys lost in the second round of the playoffs against green bay. demarco murray had a great season running the ball, and that was the key for dallas, no one dimensional offense.

romo himself has been rated in the top ten QBs in the league consistently, but the lack of a solid running game, and an inconsistent defense has let the team down regularly. you cannot dump the problems of the defense all on romo. he didnt let teams score 35 points in the second half of a number of games.

this season everything is coming together for the cowboys. the running game is strong, the passing game is moving the chains regularly, there are few turnovers by the offense, the defense is stopping teams, especially late in the game.

as for the losses to the giants, the first game could have been a cowboys win had williams got out of bounds and stopped the clock instead of trying to extend the play, and let bailey kick a field goal.

the second game against the giants was a titanic defensive struggle, neither team did much offensively. and it could have ended in a regulation tie, had bailey just had another foot of distance on his one field goal attempt.

in the end you are wrong, dallas didnt get lucky, they outplayed their opponents. and they have gotten better as the season has progressed.

will the cowboys win out? i hope so, but this is why these games are played, anything can happen on any given sunday. prescott can have his best game ever, and still the cowboys can lose.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:09 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,386,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
I haven't seen the Cowboys in enough situations where they can handle being down in the fourth quarter. They've really had an easy schedule all year and jumped out early in a lot of these games and not to say they should be penalized for this. Dallas is about to enter an NFC playoff field with a lot of good offenses and some of them have some playmakers out there. How will Dak respond down 4 with five minutes remaining to the Giants and that front seven pressure? Can the defense make a stop if Aaron Rodgers needs 40 yards with 35 seconds left to get into field goal range or stopping Russell Wilson?

I just watched the Ravens/Steelers game tonight and Pittsburgh reminds me of Dallas with the same strengths and weaknesses (poised qb, elite rb, elite #1 wr, questionable defense). However there's one huge difference. In the biggest Steelers game of the year down by 10, Ben/Bell/AB were relentless and looked unstoppable when they needed big plays and that's just a killer instinct that it could be their last window to make a deep run. With Dak and Zeke just started, are they going to have that same killer instinct when they need fourth quarter points?
You do know that Dallas beat the Steelers right? So that pretty much voids your whole Steelers/Dallas comparison.

However I agree that they will be tested in the Playoffs but as someone else mentioned that's what the playoffs are for and only time will tell what the true assessment of the Cowgirls is. How many times have the Giants performed poorly but got lucky during the playoffs and won the championship.

That is what you call lucky, not 11 STRAIGHT wins and topping the entire division acquiring home field advantage. Like I said I'm not cowgirls fan but you have to give credit where it's due.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:50 PM

6,544 posts, read 4,493,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Seahawks have been so up and down, inconsistent, it will be interesting if they bounce back for the playoffs. Dallas played the Packers during their mid-season slump, when they had all those players out, Packers are a different team now.

There's no way the Lions beat them in Seattle, I doubt Washington beats them in Seattle either, but the Giants or Green Bay could definitely take them out in Seattle.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:52 PM

6,544 posts, read 4,493,891 times
Quote:
in his career romo only ONE playoff game,i agree with that comment he is garbage and its good cowboys benched him even though i still think cowboys have been lucky they play much better then romo!

Now next year will be the true test if dak or elliot are franchise.

Guess how many playoff games Dak & Zeke have won?? 0! 1 is better than 0.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:18 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post

Makes you WONDER how they ever got down 10 points in the first place???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or