U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 07:40 PM

1,281 posts, read 509,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I love the term "fired" in the NFL. All of these coaches are millionaires and will likely continue making millions wherever they end up in whatever position they end up in, especially if it is a high profile college gig. They all live in a different world. Hard to feel sorry for anyone here.
Yeah like chip kelly who gets paid 4.5 Million from the niners the next 4 years lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 10:17 PM

20,025 posts, read 19,102,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Ryan will likely get some looks for DC. Both of them, actually.. But I don't see anyone rolling out the HC position for him again anytime soon.
I doubt Rob Ryan will be a defensive coordinator in the National Football League again. His defensive coordination has failed with many teams. Rex Ryan will get noticed quickly.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I doubt Rob Ryan will be a defensive coordinator in the National Football League again. His defensive coordination has failed with many teams. Rex Ryan will get noticed quickly.
I;m surprised Rex Ryan lasted as long as he did in Buffalo and they didn;t make the playoffs in 7 seasons.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:47 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,199,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Yeah like chip kelly who gets paid 4.5 Million from the niners the next 4 years lol
And is still getting paid by the Eagles, yeah?

Old 01-03-2017, 09:47 AM

5,768 posts, read 4,269,182 times
I don't think Sean Payton goes anywhere. He's still owed $40M from the Saints.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
And is still getting paid by the Eagles, yeah?
Yup he had 2 years left on his eagles contract

Old 01-03-2017, 11:36 AM

9,499 posts, read 7,187,635 times
Quote:
I like coaches who don;t show emotion like Andy Reid. I hated coaches like Tom Coughlin who could only frown up and not come up with a winning game plan
Good point.. Reid is one of the 'emotionless' guys that does a good job. Still manages to keep the team focused, under control.

But guys like Norv.. The team runs them.

I'd say there's more guys like the Commandant (Coughlin) than there are like Reid who are successful.

Gibbs was a fairly laid back coach, but I wouldn't call him emotionless.. Even keel type guy.

Quote:
I;m surprised Rex Ryan lasted as long as he did in Buffalo and they didn;t make the playoffs in 7 seasons.
Rex has only been there 2 years. And there has been some improvement under him. They were 9-7 in Doug Marrone's final season, but were 6-10 3 years in a row prior to that, and 4-12 before that. So, while he didn't set the world on fire, he didn't do horribly.

The reason he got canned is more that people expected better. Rightly so. That's a talented team that's just missing a few pieces. QB is one of them. I don't think they should have given up on Tyrod Taylor, but he still needs time to develop if he's going to be a solid QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
That's why they're talking trade. That way someone else is on the hook for his salary. I don't think anyone is suspecting that they'll fire him. Not with that much left on his contract.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Good point.. Reid is one of the 'emotionless' guys that does a good job. Still manages to keep the team focused, under control.

But guys like Norv.. The team runs them.

I'd say there's more guys like the Commandant (Coughlin) than there are like Reid who are successful.

Gibbs was a fairly laid back coach, but I wouldn't call him emotionless.. Even keel type guy.

Rex has only been there 2 years. And there has been some improvement under him. They were 9-7 in Doug Marrone's final season, but were 6-10 3 years in a row prior to that, and 4-12 before that. So, while he didn't set the world on fire, he didn't do horribly.

The reason he got canned is more that people expected better. Rightly so. That's a talented team that's just missing a few pieces. QB is one of them. I don't think they should have given up on Tyrod Taylor, but he still needs time to develop if he's going to be a solid QB.

That's why they're talking trade. That way someone else is on the hook for his salary. I don't think anyone is suspecting that they'll fire him. Not with that much left on his contract.

Oh ok, I thought I heard he was there 7 years because I was wondering how he lasted that long

Old 01-03-2017, 02:44 PM

9,499 posts, read 7,187,635 times
Quote:
Oh ok, I thought I heard he was there 7 years because I was wondering how he lasted that long
Previous 5 years were with the Jets.. Speaking of whom..

Jets cleaned house today.. Everything except DC and HC it looks like. Special Teams coach remains as well.

Chan Gailey retired. QB Coach, RB Coach, DL Coach, DB Coach and OLB Coach were all fired.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:09 AM

20,025 posts, read 19,102,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I do not expect the Saints to be trending upward also. Why bother investing $40 million into a head coach who should have moved on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or