U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2016, 05:19 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 506,720 times
Reputation: 292

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no, romo will not be named a starter for a playoff game, that would be stupid. starting the eagles game though makes sense. why risk injury to the best quarterback dallas has had since staubach, and aikman?
Because I believe dak is.smart enough to play like a robot since the game is meaningless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2016, 05:24 PM
 
32,521 posts, read 26,415,828 times
Reputation: 19170
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Because I believe dak is.smart enough to play like a robot since the game is meaningless
all it takes is an unfortunate hit to injure dak, and have him out for the playoffs, even if he is just playing like a robot for the game. in a meaningless game, best to let him sit on the bench and watch the game as a fan would. heck i probably wouldnt even dress him out, at least not in pads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2016, 05:51 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 506,720 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
all it takes is an unfortunate hit to injure dak, and have him out for the playoffs, even if he is just playing like a robot for the game. in a meaningless game, best to let him sit on the bench and watch the game as a fan would. heck i probably wouldnt even dress him out, at least not in pads.
I think the report was saying he is supposed to play the first qtr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2017, 09:01 AM
 
1,281 posts, read 506,720 times
Reputation: 292
From ESPN

Dak is going to play 2 series
Romo is going to play 2 series
Sanchize is going to play the rest of the game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2017, 10:00 AM
 
32,521 posts, read 26,415,828 times
Reputation: 19170
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
From ESPN

Dak is going to play 2 series
Romo is going to play 2 series
Sanchize is going to play the rest of the game
that means that once sanchez enters the game, prescott is by rule disqualified from the rest of the game, unless they changed that rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2017, 10:19 AM
 
17 posts, read 5,683 times
Reputation: 15
This is essentially a preseason game for Dallas. It has ZERO meaning for them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2017, 10:24 AM
 
1,281 posts, read 506,720 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art of War View Post
This is essentially a preseason game for Dallas. It has ZERO meaning for them
Some fans want them to win and I can't understand why. Why was emotion on a game like today when you will need it for the playoffs in two weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2017, 10:39 AM
 
17 posts, read 5,683 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Some fans want them to win and I can't understand why. Why was emotion on a game like today when you will need it for the playoffs in two weeks.
Do I want them to win, of course....if they don't, I am not panicking about the playoffs due to fact that about 10 key starters will probably not be in the lineup by the 2nd half....this is a preseason game for Dallas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2017, 10:47 AM
 
1,281 posts, read 506,720 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art of War View Post
Do I want them to win, of course....if they don't, I am not panicking about the playoffs due to fact that about 10 key starters will probably not be in the lineup by the 2nd half....this is a preseason game for Dallas
Why do you care if they win a meaningless game? I mean I'm the biggest eagles hater on the planet but the fact that the eagles are not going to the playoffs and the cowboys clinched everything, the eagles can win today 68-0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2017, 11:09 AM
 
32,521 posts, read 26,415,828 times
Reputation: 19170
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Why do you care if they win a meaningless game? I mean I'm the biggest eagles hater on the planet but the fact that the eagles are not going to the playoffs and the cowboys clinched everything, the eagles can win today 68-0
it is still a rivalry game, and if the cowboys win, and since prescott is starting, then it will be the most games a rookie QB has won for dallas ever.

even still, if this was against say the lions this week, it wouldnt matter as much, but it is against a rival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top