U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 11:54 PM

1,281 posts, read 512,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
I think Chip may take a year off, and go back to the college ranks.
Taking the 49er job was a real mistake by him------he would have been better off returning to coach a couple of years in college, building a winning program, and than if he desired return to the Nfl to a franchise that has a plan and a decent GM.
It was probably because he needed to get over the shock of being fired by the eagles and was thrilled he had another opportunity to be a coach. But no way I thought he would be fired again so soon and it was his first season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 07:29 AM

5,686 posts, read 8,197,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
It was probably because he needed to get over the shock of being fired by the eagles and was thrilled he had another opportunity to be a coach. But no way I thought he would be fired again so soon and it was his first season.
Let's get to the truth of the matter, we're not addressing the real issue with the Niners. The real issue is the upper management/front office. Until that changes nothing will be good. Jed York needs to go.

I actually think Chip has potential but he put himself in a bad spot.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Let's get to the truth of the matter, we're not addressing the real issue with the Niners. The real issue is the upper management/front office. Until that changes nothing will be good. Jed York needs to go.

I actually think Chip has potential but he put himself in a bad spot.
I didn't watch niners games was chip still doing that hurry up offense?

Old 01-01-2017, 07:57 AM

11,745 posts, read 11,616,274 times
Yes, which is why some thought he might be successful with Kaepernick as the QB, but I just don't think he has it as an NFL coach. He really is more suited for college coaching.

NFL isn't college by a long shot, players find it out real fast, with 32 teams there are many, many early round picks where they did in college doesn't work in the NFL.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Yes, which is why some thought he might be successful with Kaepernick as the QB, but I just don't think he has it as an NFL coach. He really is more suited for college coaching.

NFL isn't college by a long shot, players find it out real fast, with 32 teams there are many, many early round picks where they did in college doesn't work in the NFL.

Well if deserves to be fired if he tried to do the same thing that got him fired in philly

Old 01-01-2017, 08:28 AM

11,745 posts, read 11,616,274 times
I agree. What he did to Philly was really bad, did not do that franchise any favors, unless you count leaving!

There were reporters who were high on the 49ers move because that team is more suited to his style of coaching. I think it was destined to fail.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I agree. What he did to Philly was really bad, did not do that franchise any favors, unless you count leaving!

There were reporters who were high on the 49ers move because that team is more suited to his style of coaching. I think it was destined to fail.

Chip's style of play is more suited for robots lol

Old 01-01-2017, 11:37 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,169,549 times
Quote:
Breaking News: Chip Kelly is expected to be fired after tomorrow game
I have to believe that there are those who will HATE to see him go.

His mother, for instance.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:48 AM

4,327 posts, read 2,289,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I'm not a Chip Kelly fan. I think he's a douche. That being said, I don't think Bill Walsh in his heyday could've done any better with the 49ers craptastic roster.

Unless the Bills or Jets are really desperate I, too, think Chip's days as an NFL head coach are over.
Bluescreen is right. I've never been a fan of Chip Kelly. He just is not a very good NFL coach. I think he should go back to college coaching.

Plus the 49ers are so quick to fire coaches anyways, thanks to that idiot Jed York.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Bluescreen is right. I've never been a fan of Chip Kelly. He just is not a very good NFL coach. I think he should go back to college coaching.

Plus the 49ers are so quick to fire coaches anyways, thanks to that idiot Jed York.

They firing coaches but not getting rid of the QB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or