U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 04:57 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,510,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
NY Giants 20 Packers 17- I absolutely hate that these two teams drew each other in round one. I really do. I love watching them in the playoffs. It's supposed to be 6 degrees in Green Bay on Sunday and this will resemble that Niners/Packers game that took place about three years ago. It will be a grind and there will be some good football. First let's agree that these two teams are very different from their match earlier in the season.
I agree, but I didn't want to see Seattle play one of these teams in the first round either. It would be fun to watch all 3 teams go deep. Sadly, that can't happen.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:22 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,057,715 times
Raiders @ Texans-Houston, we have a problem at quarterback. A 6-7, $72 million dollar problem. Yep, if Tom Savage can't go, they're back to Oz. Normally this would spell doom and would mean a first-round playoff exit, but the Raiders were dealt a crushing blow when they lost Carr. With Carr, they could've gone far. Without him, they won't even get past Houston. The x-factor is Connor Cook. If he plays and somehow unleashes his innerDak, the Raiders have a chance. He was picked before Dak in last year's draft. I believe that Houston is the weakest team in the playoffs just like last season when they lost to the Chiefs at home 30-0. They're only in the playoffs because they reside in the awful AFC South, but I think they'll get by the Carr-less Raiders at home by the score of 10-7 for the right to get killed by the Patriots.

Lions @ Seahawks-I rarely pick the Lions on the road and definitely won't pick them against the 12th man in the playoffs. The Seahawks haven't looked great much of the season. They almost lost to my dumpster-fire 49ers on Sunday. Of course they usually find a way to escape with a victory this time of year. I picked the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl at the beginning of the season, but I don't see that happening now. This will be a close game, and I think Detroit will lose on either a missed last-second field goal or a bad homer call favoring the Seahawks. Final score will be 23-21.

Dolphins @ Steelers-Da Finz are just happy to be in the playoffs and relevant again. Their stay will be short going against the Steelers at Heinz Field. Steelers got to rest the killer B's-Big Ben, Brown, and Bell-last week. I'm a big proponent of resting starters and think that will pay dividends as the Steelers offense explodes to a 42-21 win. The Steelers simply have more offensive firepower than Miami does even if the Dolphins have a slight edge defensively. Steelers were my pick to win the AFC at the beginning of the year, but that would be a tall order with the Patriots dominating the dojo.

Giants @ Packers-This game will be epic. It seems like the kind of a season where a team like the Giants comes out of nowhere to make it to the Super Bowl. BUT they're going up against a red hot Packers team with an on-fire Aaron Rodgers, and they're playing at the ice cold frozen tundra known as Lambeau Field. I just can't go against the Pack here. I almost want to because I want Dallas out. We already know that the Giants are the Cowboys kryptonite. They've beat them twice already and are the most qualified to do so in the playoffs. If the Giants were playing anybody but the Packers at Lambeau, I'd probably take them. However, I predict a 21-17 win for Green Bay in this instant classic.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:43 PM

634 posts, read 470,473 times
Raiders @ Texans: Both teams have backups QBs, both have a couple of good receivers. Difference is the texans elite defense and the homefield advantage. Houston was also embarrassed last time in the playoffs and I expect them to attempt to make a statement on Saturday: Hou-24, Oak-16

Lions @ Seahawks: While the Seahawks are not as good as in years past, they're still good enough to beat a Lions team that is simply not on the same level as upper tier teams. Sea-30, Det-17

Dolphins @ Steelers: While Miami's early season win Over Pittsburgh shouldn't be overlooked, it is hard to see how Miami can stop Bell on the ground. Big Ben is also very good at home. PIT-31, MIA-16

Giants @ Packers: I feel Green Bay has benefited from an easy schedule during their win streak. I think the NYG defense slows down the Packers and the Giants make enough big plays for the win. NYG-24, GB-21

Last week:
12-4

Overall: 45-18

Old 01-03-2017, 08:47 AM

2,123 posts, read 4,318,018 times
Default WC picks

Raiders @ Texans: Battle of no QB's. Texans at home and with the better D. Home team wins a close one.

Lions @ Seahawks: Neither of these teams is hot but overall Seattle gets 3 points for a home game and a win. Detroit is awful away from home.

Dolphins @ Steelers: Pittsburgh is extra tough at home and Miami isn't good away. Pittsburg seems to be on the upswing both on O and D. Not sure if Tannehill plays but I think not and even if he does he needs game reps and he hasn't had them. Home teams win and not that close.

Giants @ Packers: My only road team win here. Giant D can shut down the Pack. They are playing at a very high level. The only caveat will be Manning ... he looks like something that fell out of the south end of a northbound cow this year ... this isn't 2007 or 2011 Elisha Manning. AR needs to be out of this universe for GB to win. Very close game here.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:01 PM

8,803 posts, read 4,720,187 times
Raiders
Lions
Steelers
Giants

Wouldn't mind seeing a Giants/Pats Superbowl think it's going to be Kansas vs Dallas or Atlanta in the Superbowl.

Last edited by RunD1987; 01-03-2017 at 12:13 PM..

Old 01-03-2017, 07:10 PM

4,886 posts, read 3,974,291 times
From the Home Office in Florida, here are the CAT's playoff predictions

RAIDERS
@ Texans I have seen nothing out of Houston that impresses me since Warren Moon ran for a TD I don't think the Raiders will go this far then retreat.

Lions @ SEAHAWKS I would love to see the Cats win, but the inconsistent Seahawks at home, IF they have a good day, will prevail.

Dolphins @ Steelers Remember, MY FINZ did beat the Steelers earlier in the season . But at the time, the Steelers were not playing as well as they are now. Last week's performance against the Evil Patriots showed that My Finz are not quite ready for prime-time, and should count their blessings from Poseidon that they are even in the playoffs at all.

GIANTS @ Packers The Only team who can beat the Cowboys consistently, and the team that everyone thought may play the Super Bowl in the Colds of the leagues greatest Lambeau field, in front of the leagues most loyal fans. This is only an upset pick, and if the Pack wins at home, I would be none too surprised.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:22 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,258,928 times
^^ So, you are picking the Steelers over the Dolphins and now you are picking the Giants over the Packers? Both teams are playing better.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:42 PM

3,233 posts, read 1,602,199 times
Saturday games

Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans ......Two quarterbackless teams...but Carr lost hurts worst then who ever is on the merry-go round this week in Houston.

Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks.....Seattle will have to play at a higher level then they have over the last few weeks. Detroit has lost their last three and their key is Golden Tate vs Richard Sherman.

Sunday games

Miami Dolphins @ Pittsburgh Steelers.......Could be an interesting game but too much Antonio Brown and Rottenburger.

New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers......Upset, maybe. But defense will win this game and the Giants are just better at stopping other teams scoring on them...Green Bay not so much.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:24 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
Texans
Lions
Steelers
Packers

Going against the trend picking the Lions but they might surprise the Seahawks, who haven't been playing their best ball lately. Have to go with the Packers, of course, and hope 3rd time is the charm to come away with a win against Eli and the Giants! Go Pack Go!

Old 01-04-2017, 03:51 PM

6,614 posts, read 10,673,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post

Miami Dolphins @ Pittsburgh Steelers.......Could be an interesting game but too much Antonio Brown and Rottenburger. _____________________________________________
I know everyone unanimously is picking the Steelers, and I can't disagree, but worth pointing out that if the Dolphins offense could somehow dominate the line of scrimmage and establish a running game, they have a chance to win, keeping its own defense (injury-plagued secondary, poor linebackers) and the Steelers offense off the field as much as possible.

True, all-pro center Mike Pouncey is on injured reserve and center/guard Craig Urbik is questionable, but there is still a potential path to victory.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football