Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 11:57 PM

71 posts, read 61,049 times

Advertisements

I did not watch these terrible matchups today. first time in many many years I pass on wildcard games. I am 2-0. NYG and Steelers winning tomorrow.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:05 AM

1,281 posts, read 776,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Pretty sure people were saying that 5 years ago (5, not 6).
Ok 5 years ago, most of those of players are no longer on the team

Old 01-08-2017, 01:18 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,329 times
This is true, but they have something in common: Eli and a good defense. They also need to go through GB, which they did in each of their SB runs (after losing to GB in the regular season both years). They only lost by 7 to GB this year, they certainly have a shot. GB also isn't the only hot team. NYG is 9-2 since that loss.

Since winning the SB, GB has been a colossal disappointment in the playoffs. Rodgers is playing great right now, so the Packers certainly have a shot. On the receiving front, NYG went from Burress to Cruz/Manningham to OBJ/Cruz. It's different each time. But if their defensive line is as good as it can be, it's not like their offense has to do that much.

If we outline their path: it's beat GB (very possible), beat Dallas a 3rd time (very possible), beat either Seattle or Atlanta (probably Seattle). Will be tough, but maybe doable. Then beat NE a 3rd time. If they put Brady on the ground all game, very possible. In fact, the crazy catch that comes against NE in every SB could easily be caught by OBJ. That dude is amazing. NYG should be by no means favored to go all the way, but they have a respectable chance. They certainly have a good chance to win tomorrow night. I'm not the only one who picked them. Some people have also pointed out that although the Packers are on fire, they've had a fairly easy schedule lately.

If we forget about individual games, the SB is likely to be NE vs. Dallas/NYG/Seattle/GB. Each of the 4 NFC teams has some question marks. Seattle has been really inconsistent, NYG doesn't have much of a running game, GB has a questionable defense, and Dallas has a rookie QB who may make a big mistake or may not be able to play from behind if needed. Each of these 4 teams has a legitimate shot, and it'll be interesting to see who steps up.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
This is true, but they have something in common: Eli and a good defense. They also need to go through GB, which they did in each of their SB runs (after losing to GB in the regular season both years). They only lost by 7 to GB this year, they certainly have a shot. GB also isn't the only hot team. NYG is 9-2 since that loss.

Since winning the SB, GB has been a colossal disappointment in the playoffs. Rodgers is playing great right now, so the Packers certainly have a shot. On the receiving front, NYG went from Burress to Cruz/Manningham to OBJ/Cruz. It's different each time. But if their defensive line is as good as it can be, it's not like their offense has to do that much.

If we outline their path: it's beat GB (very possible), beat Dallas a 3rd time (very possible), beat either Seattle or Atlanta (probably Seattle). Will be tough, but maybe doable. Then beat NE a 3rd time. If they put Brady on the ground all game, very possible. In fact, the crazy catch that comes against NE in every SB could easily be caught by OBJ. That dude is amazing. NYG should be by no means favored to go all the way, but they have a respectable chance. They certainly have a good chance to win tomorrow night. I'm not the only one who picked them. Some people have also pointed out that although the Packers are on fire, they've had a fairly easy schedule lately.

If we forget about individual games, the SB is likely to be NE vs. Dallas/NYG/Seattle/GB. Each of the 4 NFC teams has some question marks. Seattle has been really inconsistent, NYG doesn't have much of a running game, GB has a questionable defense, and Dallas has a rookie QB who may make a big mistake or may not be able to play from behind if needed. Each of these 4 teams has a legitimate shot, and it'll be interesting to see who steps up.

It was actually not that close since that the one and only TD by the Giants came during garbage time. Giants offense was only able to produce 9 pts before the Packers took control and put it out of reach. So the real score was 23-9

Old 01-08-2017, 01:36 AM

Okay.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:56 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypaws11 View Post
I did not watch these terrible matchups today. first time in many many years I pass on wildcard games. I am 2-0. NYG and Steelers winning tomorrow.

Same. Only matchup I'm really looking forward too is Giants/Packers on Sunday.

I watched the Texans/Raiders game because I like the Texans, but that was the only reason I paid attention to that.
If Detroit wasn't a paper tiger (1-6 against teams with winning records) I would've paid more attention to the Seahawks/Lions. Figured Seattle would win by 10+, but thought Detroit would keep it close for at least 2.5/3 quarters....I was wrong.
No interest in seeing Pittsburgh beat up Miami by 2 touchdowns.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Same. Only matchup I'm really looking forward too is Giants/Packers on Sunday.

I watched the Texans/Raiders game because I like the Texans, but that was the only reason I paid attention to that.
If Detroit wasn't a paper tiger (1-6 against teams with winning records) I would've paid more attention to the Seahawks/Lions. Figured Seattle would win by 10+, but thought Detroit would keep it close for at least 2.5/3 quarters....I was wrong.
No interest in seeing Pittsburgh beat up Miami by 2 touchdowns.

The dolphins are coming to play tomorrow

Old 01-08-2017, 01:59 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Ok 5 years ago, most of those of players are no longer on the team

Besides Rodgers, Jordy Nelson & Cobb, who was still around for the Packers 5 years ago?? Probably a couple more than that, but still I don't think there's more than 10 people on the 2016 Packers that lost in the playoffs to the 2011 Giants.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:06 AM

Quote:
If Detroit wasn't a paper tiger (1-6 against teams with winning records)
They said before the game Detroit hasn't won a single outdoor game this year. I couldn't believe it.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Besides Rodgers, Jordy Nelson & Cobb, who was still around for the Packers 5 years ago?? Probably a couple more than that, but still I don't think there's more than 10 people on the 2016 Packers that lost in the playoffs to the 2011 Giants.
We are not talking about the packers, we are talking about the giants, a team who most people feel will go in the playoffs and win 3 road games
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football