U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 10:49 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,256,162 times

Advertisements

Well, folks. That wraps up the regular season. Now for my picks for the Wild Card Round:
Raiders @ Texans
Lions @ Seahawks
Dolphins @ Steelers
Giants @ Packers

Old 01-01-2017, 11:33 PM

689 posts, read 337,866 times
Texans (very close game which can go either way)
Lions
Steelers
Packers

Old 01-01-2017, 11:43 PM

59 posts, read 34,965 times
Tempted to pick all the home teams, but I do think the Raiders will manage one playoff win without Carr.

Raiders by 4
Seahawks by 10
Steelers by 5
Packers by 13

Old 01-02-2017, 02:16 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,509,333 times
Raiders @ Texans (also tough, but neither team is going anywhere anyway)
Lions @ Seahawks
Dolphins @ Steelers
Giants @ Packers (toughest to pick)

Old 01-02-2017, 07:02 AM

17 posts, read 5,669 times
Raiders vs Texans is a tough choice....If Carr is in, I think this is a no brainer. Since they are down to their 3rd QB on essentially a short week against a good defensive team. Texans 20 - Raiders 16

Detroit vs Seattle....Seattle can be had this year, so inconsistent. They are at home against a team that hasn't won a big game in almost 25 yrs....Detroit one day will win an important game, but until it happens, I can't pick them....Seahawks 20 - Lions 13

Gace has done a really good job with Miami this year, should be in convo for coach of the year. Pitts just has too many weapons. I think Miami does keep it close for awhile and Pitts pulls away at the end. Steelers 34 - Dolphins 20

I agree that defense wins championships. This Giant defense, while solid is not elite....their offense is a mess...Packers 27 - Giants 17

Old 01-02-2017, 08:21 AM

23,626 posts, read 33,408,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Well, folks. That wraps up the regular season. Now for my picks for the Wild Card Round:
Raiders @ Texans
Lions @ Seahawks
Dolphins @ Steelers
Giants @ Packers
Texans - No Carr, no pass for the Raiders against a good Texans D.
Lions - Stafford takes advantage of a D without Earl Thomas.
Steelers - A rested Steelers O proves too much for a game Dolphins team.
Giants - Two teams who are hot at the right time, Eli finds the playoff juice like he has in the past.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:49 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,540,543 times
These playoff games are going to be interesting. I wonder if the Raiders can go anywhere without Carr. Seahawks have been so up and down, Lions could pull this off.

Texans
Lions
Steelers
Packers

Picking Packers, of course, would feel better if the secondary were better. Not only young and inexperienced, 3 went out in the game so will be interesting to see what the game plan is for Sunday.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:29 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,920,980 times
Raiders @ Texans
Lions @ Seahawks
Dolphins @ Steelers
Giants @ Packers

Old 01-02-2017, 02:23 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,119,337 times
WILD CARD WEEKEND

Saturday, January 7:

Raiders vs Texans - O$weiler off the bench… but will the no-Derek Raiders be eliminated? Yes!

Lions vs Seahawks – Detroit depressed after loss to Packers? Short week, short rest, massively long flight, 3 time-zone crossings, jet lag? Will Seattle fail to show up? No!

Sunday, January 8:

Dolphins vs Steelers – This is the first time the Steelers’ high-powered offensive trio of Ben Roethlisberger, Le’Veon Bell and Antonio Brown are all healthy going into the playoffs!

Giants vs PackersPack delivers Lambeau-worthy fight, delivers punches… and Eli falls!

Old 01-02-2017, 04:02 PM

357 posts, read 155,479 times
Raiders 6 Texans 17- I was tempted to take the Raiders because of their difference makers on defense. However I'm taking the better coaching staff as the x factor here. I think Jack Del Rio will take some gambles early that will cost him possessions. I have them getting an early TD and Del Rio going for two but failing. I think eventually the Texans will get a pick six in here somewhere. This game is going to be weird and ugly and I'm currently multitasking while writing this to see what good college basketball games will be on at 4pm on Saturday.

Lions 24 Seattle 26- Since this is the Saturday night NBC game, I made this closer since these ones are usually good for some reason. I wanted to take the Lions but they don't have any great wins on the year, Stafford's finger is not 100%, Slay's not 100% and now they get done playing a hard fought Sunday night game only to play on Saturday. With that said, I really like the number of ways that Detroit can move the ball. Despite playing in Seattle, I don't think it will be an issue moving the chains with Zach Zenner and using their multiple receivers. Stafford has two playoff games on his resume. His first was against a hot Drew Brees when he had a disaster of a defense. His other was playing a really hot Cowboys team where a controversial call decided it late so I feel like Stafford is due to make it a game. I think Seattle will start off slow and look like the comeback Seahawks in the last four minutes of the game. This just looks like one of those games where something unusual will happen in the last few minutes to decide this

Dolphins 13 Steelers 31- This will be the most lopsided game of the weekend. The Dolphins have no playoff experience with a secondary that's made of duct tape at this point. Matt Moore is unproven. The Dolphins receivers are electric as a group but they can get pretty cocky and I can picture them losing their composure somewhat if things aren't going their way. As for the Steelers, their offense looks like its on a mission. Their offensive line is playing so well and their defense is completely healthy.

NY Giants 20 Packers 17- I absolutely hate that these two teams drew each other in round one. I really do. I love watching them in the playoffs. It's supposed to be 6 degrees in Green Bay on Sunday and this will resemble that Niners/Packers game that took place about three years ago. It will be a grind and there will be some good football. First let's agree that these two teams are very different from their match earlier in the season.

I'll state the obvious. I've actually watched the Giants games over the past month and their defense absolutely looks dominant and ready for this type of game. The Redskins had about 70 something net yards until sometime in the third quarter, Cousins hit Garcon for a long gain. I'm not putting much stock in the game against the Eagles because the Giants had a few guys missing on defense and Harrison went out with an injury during a key Eagles drive. As for the offense, you ask how they will get to 20 points? It might sound crazy but I think their offense is on the rise. Before they tried making those fourth down conversions, their offense was looking the best it looked all year. Eli was making the plays on third down and the running game was effective. Using Paul Perkins has improved this running game and it's added another explosive dimension. The Packers actually don't have a dominant run defense so Perkins may make some nice plays here. Odell Beckham is the third reason. Beckham is unstoppable when he's not facing an elite corner and I expect him to make some big plays.

As for the Packers, I get it he's Aaron Rodgers. However let's not overrate their run over the last few months. They've beat the Vikings, Lions, Bears, Eagles, Texans and Seahawks (in the game after they lost Earl Thomas). This is the best passing offense Rodgers has had in awhile. While I don't think the Giants will play at the Packers' usual pace, I believe this game will be slowed down just a little bit with some physical playoff type of football.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football