U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 06:32 AM

16,527 posts, read 20,980,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX Star View Post
TB will win their division next year and make the AFC finals.

Remember where ya heard it.

So....Laugh now.
Umm, well let me put my PR hat on here.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are in the National Football Conference. And have been since 1977. From 1977 to 2001 they were in the NFC Central Division. Since with the division realignments an NFC South division was created. They are in the south, along with Atlanta, New Orleans, and Carolina.

My morning ten cent trivia>>>>As it HAS been 40 years ago, people tend to forget that they actually WERE an AFC team--all of one year. They came into the league as an expansion club in 1976, along with Seattle. Tampa Bay was put in the AFC West, Seattle in the NFC West. The next year they were relocated in the NFC Central, put in with Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, and Chicago, the reason being the NFC East already had 5 clubs.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 03-08-2017 at 06:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 11:00 AM

375 posts, read 180,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Oh yeah! And trust me, no matter how good or bad the Bucs are we're all going to have a good laugh at him when they don't make the AFC Playoffs!

No...you can all laugh now, actually.

I realized I had a brain fart of epic proportions.

The Bucs are in the NFC South.

NOT AFC.

What was I thinking? Did they used to in in AFC?

D'Oh!!

Old 03-08-2017, 11:42 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,552,037 times
And one of our football knowledge gurus comes up with the fact they were in the AFC for all of one year! I did not know that, but did relate to them being in the Central previously playing the teams I follow!

Old 03-08-2017, 12:15 PM

375 posts, read 180,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
And one of our football knowledge gurus comes up with the fact they were in the AFC for all of one year! I did not know that, but did relate to them being in the Central previously playing the teams I follow!

I only remembered the Bucs were NFC last night, when me and my Raiders fan teammate were talking about that Super Bowl about ten years ago when Tampa and Gruden annihilated Oakland. So, knowing full well of course that Oakland is in the AFC...................

Old 03-08-2017, 03:13 PM

10,684 posts, read 11,093,104 times
Quote:
It was actually on the Super Bowl trivia thread a while back. I shared that twice the Super Bowl has seen former division rivals play, and both involving former and AFC West teams. In both games the former AFC West teams beat the AFC West teams: Bucs over Raiders, Seahawks over Broncos. As far as sports trivia goes, this is platinum so remember it because it may come in handy some day!

Old 03-08-2017, 05:31 PM

I will! When I go on my long cruises, I always annoy some of the men in the lounge if it is NFL season! Some men just can't accept that women might have football knowledge in their brain!

Old 03-08-2017, 06:10 PM

10,684 posts, read 11,093,104 times
Quote:
I will! When I go on my long cruises, I always annoy some of the men in the lounge if it is NFL season! Some men just can't accept that women might have football knowledge in their brain!
What kind of men are these? Women who can talk sports are hot! I once asked a girl on a date just because she knew what a "pulling guard" was! (She said "thanks but no thanks.")

Old 03-09-2017, 07:17 AM

Ha! The old world kind, remember on a long cruise (20+ days) the average age is probably 70, 80 and 90's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football