U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-14-2017, 08:11 PM
 
4,292 posts, read 1,857,414 times
Reputation: 2353

Advertisements

You can only keep the Pats offense in check for so long. Texans are going to have to come up with a TD drive real soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2017, 08:20 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,605 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
You can only keep the Pats offense in check for so long. Texans are going to have to come up with a TD drive real soon.
I would stop playing if I was a Texans defensive player since it's clearly a waste of energy. why use up all that energy so Brock can come out and go 3 and out of throw a INT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2017, 08:36 PM
 
4,292 posts, read 1,857,414 times
Reputation: 2353
Why do refs think a fumble could travel 15 yards in the air down field and travel another 10yards or so on top of that? Obvious forward motion by the QB. What else would make the ball travel so far?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2017, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,536 posts, read 4,489,472 times
Reputation: 2467
4th & 4 down 15 with 9:20 to play and you punt. *%$king pathetic!! You're a 10 point underdog!!!! Go for it!

NFL head coaches: "Can't go for it on 4th down & more than 1 unless we trail inside 4 minutes to play." Losers mentality, no wonder hardly anyone lasts more than 5 years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2017, 09:14 PM
 
1,281 posts, read 504,605 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
4th & 4 down 15 with 9:20 to play and you punt. *%$king pathetic!! You're a 10 point underdog!!!! Go for it!

NFL head coaches: "Can't go for it on 4th down & more than 1 unless we trail inside 4 minutes to play." Losers mentality, no wonder hardly anyone lasts more than 5 years!

Yes makes no sense. They are a 16 pt underdog and NE covered the spread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2017, 09:23 PM
 
4,981 posts, read 11,046,411 times
Reputation: 11828
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I know it's ONLY the first half but for everyone that doubted Houston "Houston sucks" "This will be the worst game of the playoffs" blah, blah, blah. 4 point game at the half, so far looks to be the closest finish we'll have so far in the playoffs. Told yah, teams like that are the most dangerous...



...and yes for those wondering if the Patriots come outs with a 31-0 second half score which they are more than capable of, I'll be back for my dinner of crow. Just make sure someone puts salt & pepper on it, and give me BBQ & tobasco sauce on the side please
Enjoy that crow......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2017, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,536 posts, read 4,489,472 times
Reputation: 2467
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Enjoy that crow......


Yup! I'm here for that! Did you get the condiments (salt, pepper, BBQ sauce, tobasco) that I asked for??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2017, 09:27 PM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,122,914 times
Reputation: 5395
Well, the Houston "D" did all they could to help their playoff hopes, but O$weiler kept finding ways to pull defeat out of the jaws of victory. What a guy! Sorry, Seven -- you gave it a bloody go!

The good news? I'm 2-0 so far this NFL Divisional Weekend, and now...

...ON to Sunday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2017, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,536 posts, read 4,489,472 times
Reputation: 2467
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I know it's ONLY the first half but for everyone that doubted Houston "Houston sucks" "This will be the worst game of the playoffs" blah, blah, blah. 4 point game at the half, so far looks to be the closest finish we'll have so far in the playoffs. Told yah, teams like that are the most dangerous...



...and yes for those wondering if the Patriots come outs with a 31-0 second half score which they are more than capable of, I'll be back for my dinner of crow. Just make sure someone puts salt & pepper on it, and give me BBQ & tobasco sauce on the side please

Did someone get the salt, pepper, BBQ, and tobasco that I requested?? I'm starving over here!! Want to eat some crow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2017, 10:38 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
8,702 posts, read 11,927,372 times
Reputation: 3574
2-0 in this round so far. That makes me 6-0 in the post season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top