U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 05:42 PM

1,223 posts, read 578,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
What about the Seahawks last 6 games....4-2

Beat the 4 teams that had losing records

Lost to the only 2 teams they faced that had winning records down the stretch both on the road....one VERY badly to GB

Of course the Seahawks could win this weekend, 3 of the 4 games could go either way very easily, only 1 game is a near lock.
Yeah, this ish is funny man. I'm glad that you brought this up, thx. It's very ironic & and rich that they're cherry-picking ATL's schedule when ATL played a tougher overall schedule. It's dumb funny that ATL has marks against them for playing and beating up on Arizona, LA, and SF (teams that Seattle has the luxury of playing twice). ATL didn't lose to them (3-1 vs the NFC West)....it's funny that Seattle had a tough time against the NFC South (I'll let someone else check the results).

The only team that beat ATL down was Philadelphia. Hands down, they are the only team that really dismantled ATL. Most of ATL's losses were by 1, 2, and 3 points (San Diego, KC, and Seattle*). Even though we won, GB battled and could have won that game.

This year, ATL definitely had a ton of tough outs on their schedule. Somebody, tell me that New Orleans and Tampa aren't tough outs. LOL.

Edit: With all that said, Seattle is no pushover of course but I don't see the Falcons thinking that they should lose so they can live up to their past or whatever.

Last edited by 80s_kid; 01-11-2017 at 06:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 06:14 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
Oh, those stats, wins and losses! Division games are tricky, no matter what a team is doing in the rest of their games. The familiarity of a division opponent makes them different and tougher, regardless of their record. Things can be spun any way you want but bottom line, Falcons did well this year, had a great season. Of course, I would have been happier if GB won, but it was a great game!

Old 01-11-2017, 06:49 PM

2,746 posts, read 2,367,619 times
Seahawks get too much respect.
They lucked out & got the Lions last week. Finished the season a mediocre 3-3. Packers racked up 38 & Cardinals scored 34 points (@ Seattle) during that time. This certainly isn't the lock down defense they had in the Super Bowl years.
Seahawk offense is so streaky. Never know when or if Wilson will get in a groove. It may take a half like it did vs Carolina in the divisional game last year where they were already down 31 points by halftime.

I don't see them stopping Julio Jones in a dome unless they get away with their holding again.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:03 PM

^^^ (Susancruzs) Oh yeah, no doubt about divisional games. I just used the same spin/cherry-picking logic used to discredit ATL. This is what I see here:

Person A: Seattle's going to win, they're championship pedigree will shine through. It did already this season against them...boooyaaaahhh.
ATL fan A: We the #2 seed, that win was gift-wrapped for y'all. Plus, we lit y'all up.
ATL fan B: ATL leads the league in scoring, y'all will not stop our O.
Person B: ATL does beat up on tomato cans like SF, NO, and the Rams. We are different
ATL Fan A & B: (scratches head) Didn't Seattle struggle and take a few L's against them? We, destroyed them.
Person A & B: Matt Ryan's 1-4 in the playoffs.....
ATL fans: Y'all are trash on the road though. Coming East isn't too kind for y'all.
Person C: Look at ATL's last 6 games, they're beating up on garbage teams like Carolina, LA, SF, New Orleans, and Arizona. Seattle got this in the bag. LOB.
Person D: I'm not picking ATL, they lost there last playoff game...therefore, they are totally incapable of ever winning in the playoffs. Ever, just because. Plus, ATL scored 30 and 40 against sorry teams like SF, LA, and New Orleans. Plus, Seattle already beat them once before and are hungry.
ATL Fans: sigh

All in fun but funny how people people rationalize Seattle handling ATL due to ATL beating teams from Seattle's own division. It's more funny that ATL only lost one NFC South game while Seattle lost against two NFC South teams (on the road)...but it's a knock against ATL for beating up Tampa and New Orleans....teams that beat Seattle. How does that work? I know they don't roll with ATL but they could have used another way of expressing it. Also, the cherry-picking could have worked had Seattle played a tougher schedule and ATL hadn't played the NFC West or Seattle wasn't in the NFC West ( and if Seattle didn't lose to the crappy rams and struggled against SF). I so, glad that Aaron looked at that schedule felt that going 6-0 to close out the was very doable instead of 5-1, LOL.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:22 PM

6,535 posts, read 4,486,193 times
I'll make my official picks Friday night or Saturday (still debating a couple) but this Texans/Pats game looks exactly like the divisional game the Pats lost at home to the Jets 6 or 7 years ago. Texans won't play as atrociously as they played in the regular season, they still have the #1 defense in the NFL (the last 3 teams that lead the league in defense all made the super bowl), and really, the Texans have nothing to lose really. Those teams I call them the "Rodney Dangerfield" teams are the most dangerous. I'd probably still pick the Patriots anyways, but I don't think this is nearly going to be as lopsided as everyone thinks it's going to be.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:31 PM

576 posts, read 760,786 times
Seattle@Atlanta- First half should be close, however the Falcons offense will take control in the second half and they will prevail.

Houston@New England- Will be closer than most people on here have been predicting. Pats should have it wrapped up by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Pittsburgh@Kansas City- Payback game for KC. This is where it ends for Pittsburgh.

Green Bay@Dallas- Rodgers looked sharp last week against the Giants. Green Bay will get it done in D.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:25 AM

4,206 posts, read 2,822,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
^^^ (Susancruzs) Oh yeah, no doubt about divisional games. I just used the same spin/cherry-picking logic used to discredit ATL. This is what I see here:

Person A: Seattle's going to win, they're championship pedigree will shine through. It did already this season against them...boooyaaaahhh.
ATL fan A: We the #2 seed, that win was gift-wrapped for y'all. Plus, we lit y'all up.
ATL fan B: ATL leads the league in scoring, y'all will not stop our O.
Person B: ATL does beat up on tomato cans like SF, NO, and the Rams. We are different
ATL Fan A & B: (scratches head) Didn't Seattle struggle and take a few L's against them? We, destroyed them.
Person A & B: Matt Ryan's 1-4 in the playoffs.....
ATL fans: Y'all are trash on the road though. Coming East isn't too kind for y'all.
Person C: Look at ATL's last 6 games, they're beating up on garbage teams like Carolina, LA, SF, New Orleans, and Arizona. Seattle got this in the bag. LOB.
Person D: I'm not picking ATL, they lost there last playoff game...therefore, they are totally incapable of ever winning in the playoffs. Ever, just because. Plus, ATL scored 30 and 40 against sorry teams like SF, LA, and New Orleans. Plus, Seattle already beat them once before and are hungry.
ATL Fans: sigh

All in fun but funny how people people rationalize Seattle handling ATL due to ATL beating teams from Seattle's own division. It's more funny that ATL only lost one NFC South game while Seattle lost against two NFC South teams (on the road)...but it's a knock against ATL for beating up Tampa and New Orleans....teams that beat Seattle. How does that work? I know they don't roll with ATL but they could have used another way of expressing it. Also, the cherry-picking could have worked had Seattle played a tougher schedule and ATL hadn't played the NFC West or Seattle wasn't in the NFC West ( and if Seattle didn't lose to the crappy rams and struggled against SF). I so, glad that Aaron looked at that schedule felt that going 6-0 to close out the was very doable instead of 5-1, LOL.
You're way too emotional and your arguments are falling apart. Half the stuff you're saying, nobody said. Either analyze and debate football, or don't. Seattle isn't a lock to win, neither is Atlanta. That's why they play the game. Everything we talk about on C-D Football, is what people nationwide get paid to do in print and media...

Relax, dude. I hope Atlanta wins so you can have your "look guys, I told you so!" moment...it ain't that serious, fam...

Old 01-12-2017, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
You're way too emotional and your arguments are falling apart. Half the stuff you're saying, nobody said. Either analyze and debate football, or don't. Seattle isn't a lock to win, neither is Atlanta. That's why they play the game. Everything we talk about on C-D Football, is what people nationwide get paid to do in print and media...

Relax, dude. I hope Atlanta wins so you can have your "look guys, I told you so!" moment...it ain't that serious, fam...
Murk, I'm not emotional. I'm just pointing out bad logic and reaches. That dialogue was ridiculous but that's kind of what you and others sounded like in giving your opinion. Past success/failure has no bearing on this game. Also, when pulling out records, you have to also ask "Who did they play?" You gotta do that for both teams and go from there. No it isn't serious at all but your premise was from the ESPN school of thought in my opinion that's all that I'm pointing out here.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:40 AM

1,683 posts, read 3,687,338 times
Bing predictions
Seattle Seahawks 73%Atlanta Falcons
Houston Texans 83%New England Patriots
Pittsburgh Steelers 63%Kansas City Chiefs
Green Bay Packers 51% Dallas Cowboys

Old 01-12-2017, 09:00 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,920,980 times
Went 4-0 in the Wildcard Round.

Seahawks @ Falcons
Texans @ Patriots
Steelers @ Chiefs
Packers @ Cowboys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football