U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 06:34 PM

5,297 posts, read 3,327,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I had seen the location at the Bali Hai GC mentioned and am glad to see they left that little gem alone...
Yeah, I think initially they really wanted to build the new stadium as close to the strip as possible, which basically meant the southern strip, but the only available land, would place it at the end of a runway at McCarran. Even if they build it half in the ground, I could never imagine the FAA approving such a location, just in case there was a catastrophic takeoff or landing event which caused a plane, like a 747 or 777, to slam into a stadium full of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 09:30 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,427,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I can't really see Raiders fans jumping ship to be 49ers fans. This is just an outsiders opinion since I've never been to Cali, but I've always seen San Fran and Oakland as polar opposites. San Fran has always seemed to be the pretty boys and Oakland always seemed to be the gritty blue-collar boys. The Raiders always seemed to embody bad boys whether it's their players or their fans. I just can't seem too many willing to go from bad boy to pretty. The 49ers current state doesn't help either.
When they left the first time, quite a few Raider fans switched to the Niners, and the Niners became the "Bay Area team" much like the Warriors. The same way there are a lot of Giants fans in the East Bay. The hardcore silver and black fans probably won't switch, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Feeling bad for Raider fan who is still paying off the debt for the 1995 renovation (per Jim Rome). Wow, twice the fans got shafted, not once. And they're expected to root for them the next two years??!!
Yeah, it was a bad deal agreed to by an inept county commission and a population desperate to get their team back. For that reason alone, I hope they fail to draw in Vegas, which is a distinct possibility given its metro size.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:35 PM

447 posts, read 472,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I hope they fail to draw in Vegas, which is a distinct possibility given its metro size.

I don't think you understand the magnitude of our weekend crowd, or how easy it is to fly nonstop-direct into McCarran International. The Raiders will be very successful here.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:59 PM

23,651 posts, read 33,457,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
I don't think you understand the magnitude of our weekend crowd, or how easy it is to fly nonstop-direct into McCarran International. The Raiders will be very successful here.
Also I know the Raiders still have a pretty cult following in Southern CA which is a pretty decent weekend drive distance from Vegas.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:09 PM

32,490 posts, read 26,364,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Also I know the Raiders still have a pretty cult following in Southern CA which is a pretty decent weekend drive distance from Vegas.
there is also a cult following here in southern arizona as well, and like LA, we are only 400 miles from vegas.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:02 PM

21,339 posts, read 21,912,385 times
lots and lots of Raider-like cultists living out in the desert throughout Nevada

Old 03-30-2017, 05:04 PM

21,339 posts, read 21,912,385 times
lots and lots of Raider-like cultists living out in the desert throughout Nevada, you can see 'em off in the distance if you look but it would be best not to give them rides into town if they come up on you at a rest or truck stop

Old 03-31-2017, 07:19 AM

447 posts, read 472,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
lots and lots of Raider-like cultists living out in the desert throughout Nevada, you can see 'em off in the distance if you look but it would be best not to give them rides into town if they come up on you at a rest or truck stop
They've wandered over from the Inland Empire, lol

Old 05-27-2017, 04:19 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,262,417 times
I'm sure some of you may not know this but Rich Gannon says the Raiders should stay in Oakland.
Rich Gannon talks Oakland relocation to Las Vegas | 95.7 The Game

Also, John Madden even weighs in on this move which he says that move bothers him. He also says that he's not a fan of the team moving to Vegas.
John Madden no fan of Raiders' move to Las Vegas - NFL.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or