U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-19-2017, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,738 posts, read 4,264,581 times
Reputation: 4718

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Very Big IF because Dallas did not win, nor could the current team win. The fault does not lie with Romo but goes much much deeper.
Romo took the team as far as anyone except for Staubach, Morton or Aikmen.
Further than some others on the position too.

The Problem is Not Romo, Romo is a team player but just one player, and with or without him, they still would have lost.

The fix for the team to get to the next level will be more challenging than it was to get to the current level.

I will post the answers on here when I feel like it.

How soon we forget!!!!
Danny White led the Cowboys to 3 consecutive NFC CHampionship games..
I have always said that Tony Romo was the poor mans Danny White..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-19-2017, 04:27 PM
 
Location: On the Edge of the Fringe
4,920 posts, read 3,998,260 times
Reputation: 4155
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
How soon we forget!!!!
Danny White led the Cowboys to 3 consecutive NFC CHampionship games..
I have always said that Tony Romo was the poor mans Danny White..
But never to the super bowl. Oh and the criticism he got from the press and the fans......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2017, 04:37 PM
 
9,593 posts, read 8,930,449 times
Reputation: 5819
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Very Big IF because Dallas did not win, nor could the current team win. The fault does not lie with Romo but goes much much deeper.
Romo took the team as far as anyone except for Staubach, Morton or Aikmen.
Further than some others on the position too.

The Problem is Not Romo, Romo is a team player but just one player, and with or without him, they still would have lost.

The fix for the team to get to the next level will be more challenging than it was to get to the current level.

I will post the answers on here when I feel like it.
Agreed ..but this thread is about how he felt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2017, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,738 posts, read 4,264,581 times
Reputation: 4718
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
But never to the super bowl. Oh and the criticism he got from the press and the fans......
No but he took 'em further than Romo and had far more success than Romo in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2017, 03:42 PM
 
9,593 posts, read 8,930,449 times
Reputation: 5819
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
No but he took 'em further than Romo and had far more success than Romo in the playoffs.
Actually wouldnt 07 and this year be the same as far as who took who further?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2017, 07:15 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,738 posts, read 4,264,581 times
Reputation: 4718
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Actually wouldnt 07 and this year be the same as far as who took who further?
No.. Romo has never led the Cowboys to the NFC championship game.. Danny did just that 3 years in a row.. (1 game away from the SB).

Danny Whites Playoff record was 5-5 (nothing to write home about but still)
Tony Romos playoff record is 2-4..

I think its unfair to compare them but Danny White had some great playoff games..

One vs Atlanta in 1980 where he was 25 of 40 for 322 yards and 3 TDs. The Cowboys were down 10 late in the game and he led them to 2 late TD scores to win the game. I can still hear Butch Johnson screaming; "ROGER WHO!?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2017, 07:33 AM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,902,290 times
Reputation: 2786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Actually wouldnt 07 and this year be the same as far as who took who further?
Dallas has had very little success in the last 21 seasons. In fact, there are 25 teams with more playoff wins in the last 21 years than Dallas. Tony Romo is obviously upset about not being the starter and I am sure he is upset the team has had yet another 1 and done playoff stint. Tony is a team player and I am sure he would have like to see a guy like Jason Witten, who has never even played in a conference title game, make a run towards a title. I feel bad for a guy like Witten - he's a great TE, been in the league for 14 seasons and only has 2 playoff wins and has missed the playoffs in 8 out of his 14 seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2017, 09:21 AM
 
5,008 posts, read 11,106,686 times
Reputation: 11914
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Dallas has had very little success in the last 21 seasons. In fact, there are 25 teams with more playoff wins in the last 21 years than Dallas. Tony Romo is obviously upset about not being the starter and I am sure he is upset the team has had yet another 1 and done playoff stint. Tony is a team player and I am sure he would have like to see a guy like Jason Witten, who has never even played in a conference title game, make a run towards a title. I feel bad for a guy like Witten - he's a great TE, been in the league for 14 seasons and only has 2 playoff wins and has missed the playoffs in 8 out of his 14 seasons.
Exactly.....

This is just a ridiculous topic anyway about how a guy "feels"

1. We'll never know

2. Who cares

But this whole idea that it would be "human nature" for Romo to be "relieved" because the team still didn't advance without him is nonsense...

It's "human nature" when one fights and struggles with a group of team mates towards a common goal to want those guys to succeed even if you can no longer take part....

Same reason past players of pro and college teams bask in the glory when "their" teams win even if they had no part in it...

Anyone who thinks Romo was in anyway "relieved" that the team failed to advance because it somehow makes Romo look better is in effect saying Romo is one of the biggest d--chebags on the planet...because only a d--chebag would "feel" that way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2017, 10:18 AM
 
9,593 posts, read 8,930,449 times
Reputation: 5819
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Exactly.....

This is just a ridiculous topic anyway about how a guy "feels"

1. We'll never know

2. Who cares

But this whole idea that it would be "human nature" for Romo to be "relieved" because the team still didn't advance without him is nonsense...

It's "human nature" when one fights and struggles with a group of team mates towards a common goal to want those guys to succeed even if you can no longer take part....

Same reason past players of pro and college teams bask in the glory when "their" teams win even if they had no part in it...

Anyone who thinks Romo was in anyway "relieved" that the team failed to advance because it somehow makes Romo look better is in effect saying Romo is one of the biggest d--chebags on the planet...because only a d--chebag would "feel" that way
Whatever you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2017, 05:49 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,738 posts, read 4,264,581 times
Reputation: 4718
yea, how dare you JP..

You should know that all professional athletes are TEAM FIRST and NONE have an ounce of selfishness in them... How silly of you to ask such a question.. #$@#q!@

NOW, lets get back to arguing about who the Greats of all Time is..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top