U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 05:43 PM

7,556 posts, read 11,890,246 times

Advertisements

Bailey's middle name is automatic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 07:53 PM

32,438 posts, read 26,300,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
A guy that when the game is on the line you are pretty confident he can nail a 50 yarder. Or even midway 2nd quarter you have no doubt he will hit a standard 43 yard FG. Watching the games on Sunday last week one of the takeaways I got was how good those kickers were. Now I don't know if it that was just one game, but they all looked good on Sunday.

Boswell 6/6
Bailey 3/3 including 2 over 50
Crosby 2/2 both over 50, actually 3/3 because he had to kick the game winner twice
Santos 1/1 from 48

Bills have a terrible kicker currently in Dan Carpenter. He can't be trusted from any distance, not even extra points. Every kicker misses an extra point over the course of a whole season these days since they moved it back, but Dan's missed about 7 or 8 I think over the last two years and numerous kicks between 40-50 yards and he doesn't hit the 50+ yarders like he used to. Carpenter had a fantastic season in 2014 that was worthy of a pro-bowl IMO, but his last two years he has been unreliable.

So it's an easy question. Yes or No, you are confident in your kicker? Reply with your teams name and kicker.
while he has missed a few, janikowski is also a reliable kicker from long distance, and dont forget prater either.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:17 PM

23,628 posts, read 33,413,509 times
Quote:
A guy that when the game is on the line you are pretty confident he can nail a 50 yarder. Or even midway 2nd quarter you have no doubt he will hit a standard 43 yard FG. Watching the games on Sunday last week one of the takeaways I got was how good those kickers were. Now I don't know if it that was just one game, but they all looked good on Sunday.

Boswell 6/6
Crosby 2/2 both over 50, actually 3/3 because he had to kick the game winner twice
Santos 1/1 from 48

Bills have a terrible kicker currently in Dan Carpenter. He can't be trusted from any distance, not even extra points. Every kicker misses an extra point over the course of a whole season these days since they moved it back, but Dan's missed about 7 or 8 I think over the last two years and numerous kicks between 40-50 yards and he doesn't hit the 50+ yarders like he used to. Carpenter had a fantastic season in 2014 that was worthy of a pro-bowl IMO, but his last two years he has been unreliable.

So it's an easy question. Yes or No, you are confident in your kicker? Reply with your teams name and kicker.
Hell no! Panthers, Graham Gano. Missing that kick in the opener killed our confidence and his too.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:42 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,509,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
We used to have a great kicker, like a machine. He fell apart in the Fiesta Bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmDSeymG_TM
Actually he fell apart against Michigan.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:04 AM

6,536 posts, read 4,487,242 times
Quote:

Boswell 6/6
Santos 1/1 from 48

Ravens kicker Justin Tucker is pretty damn good, one of the best in the business. He only missed 1 field goal or extra point this year.......and that was a field goal that got blocked, meaning that all kicks he got off (extra points or field goals) all split the uprights. I'd say Tucker, Bailey (Dallas) and Vinetari (Colts) are the 3 best kickers in football, and really you could cherry pick the order of them 1 through 3.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:41 PM

3,451 posts, read 8,150,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Yes. Caleb Sturgis, Philadelphia Eagles. He missed a few this season, but overall I have confidence in him.
As an Eagles fan, I'll also vouch for Sturgis.

The Eagles kicker I didn't have confidence in, at least on long field goals, in recent years was Alex Henery. He was pretty good on kicks from the low 40s and in, but on anything longer than about 45 yards I had to cross my fingers because he just didn't have a strong enough leg.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:25 AM

5,221 posts, read 5,086,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Ravens kicker Justin Tucker is pretty damn good, one of the best in the business.
Good singer, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XPUshtYLg4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or