Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 10:08 PM

387 posts, read 358,211 times

Advertisements

Seahawks
@ Falcons
Texans @ Patriots

Steelers @ Chiefs
Packers @ Cowboys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 10:14 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times
Seahawks @ Falcons - Falcons are overrated.

Texans @ Patriots - This is Hello Kitty @ Jeffrey Dahmer. Houston really sucks and they are lucky to play in a bad division and even luckier to have played the wild card game against the Carr-less Raiders. I hate NE but even I will enjoy this game because they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs to begin with.

Steelers @ Chiefs - should be an interesting game. I think the Chiefs choke but I could be underestimating them.

Packers @ Cowboys - Aaron Rodgers was so clutch tonight. I think he takes it against an inexperienced Dallas QB. Prescott will be back, but not in his first year.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:41 PM

578 posts, read 458,505 times
Here are my winners
Patroits
Steelers(chiefs will keep it close)
Packers(this will test dallas but a rookie qb might cost them game)
Seahawks!

Old 01-08-2017, 11:15 PM

796 posts, read 505,238 times
Falcons (think they will play inspired and want revenge for that missed call on that blatant PI)
Pats
Steelers (can go either way)
Dem Boys!

Old 01-09-2017, 05:12 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
  • Patriots over Texans (Best team in the NFL should not lose this one)
  • Steelers over Chiefs (I'll take Brown, Bell, and I don't trust KC)
  • Packers over Cowboys (looked good against the Giants, and Rodgers should shred the Cowboys D)
  • Seahawks over Falcons (I like Ryan, but Seattle is playoff tested)

Old 01-09-2017, 05:47 AM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,741 times
Lots of away team picks. Rested legs, no travel, & home field advantage is big in the NFL. I'd say home teams win 3/4 next week. I'm not sure what 3 that'll be though.

I don't like Seattle's chances at Atlanta. Long flight, 3 time zone changes, less rested, playing on the road.

Either Steelers or Packers will rip one away. Too tough to call right now.

I'm not as familiar with the AFC stadiums, but isn't Arrowhead a real tough place to play? Or is that all media hype? Don't they have the record for the loudest stadium?

Last edited by everwinter; 01-09-2017 at 06:07 AM..

Old 01-09-2017, 06:15 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,686 times
Patriots
Chiefs
Cowboys
Seahawks

Old 01-09-2017, 06:21 AM

12,968 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Seahawks @ Falcons - Falcons are overrated.

Texans @ Patriots - This is Hello Kitty @ Jeffrey Dahmer. Houston really sucks and they are lucky to play in a bad division and even luckier to have played the wild card game against the Carr-less Raiders. I hate NE but even I will enjoy this game because they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs to begin with.

Steelers @ Chiefs - should be an interesting game. I think the Chiefs choke but I could be underestimating them.

Packers @ Cowboys - Aaron Rodgers was so clutch tonight. I think he takes it against an inexperienced Dallas QB. Prescott will be back, but not in his first year.
I agree with these picks, and the Texans will take a butt whipping up there in New England .

Old 01-09-2017, 06:36 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
The only no doubter (IMO) is the Patriots over the Texans. The other 3 are toss ups and can go either way.

I like the Falcons over the Seahawks. The Seahawks have been inconsistent all year and I like the Falcons at home with that powerful offense.

I lean towards the Steelers in KC but only because I am not sold on Alex Smith outplaying Big Ben.. of course he doesn't have to for KC to win but the Steelers would have to turn the ball over a few times otherwise, i think the Steelers win.

I hope the Cowboys beat the Packers. This one is the hardest to gauge because of Dak. Dak has answered every question so far but he will have to answer another next Sunday... can he play well under pressure (Playoff Pressure). No doubt the Pack will stack the box in an effort to stop Zeke and put the onus on Dak to beat them with the pass. I think he can.. i think he will dink, dunk, hit a few deep balls and pick up more yards running than he has all year.. if he does all this without any turnovers, i like the Cowboys chances. Rodgers is gonna do what Rodgers does.. (300 yards, 3 TDS: 25-30 points..) This game will be decided by how Dak plays against the Packers defense...

Old 01-09-2017, 07:44 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Patriots - Will this game even be close?
Falcons - Seahawks have not been a good road team this year and are so inconsistent
Chiefs - I know how good the Steelers are but Chiefs might pull this one out
Packers - Will depend on if some of the mash unit can play, stopping Zeke, should be a good game I hope. I'm not putting any importance on the Cowboys already beating the Packers, none. I could be wrong but . Go Pack Go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football