U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2017, 10:06 PM

1,223 posts, read 581,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I rarely bet money, but I felt pretty safe on this one. NE is the only team that could pull it off, otherwise no way am I betting a dollar!! Plus a lot of Falcon fans are saying the refs helped them-is that true?
Nah, I'm a Falcon's fan and New England won straight up. ATL had blunders like getting knocked out of FG range in the 4th, challenging Edelman's catch when it was cleary a catch, costed ATL a time out. Late in the game, ATL should have took a knee and start at the 25yd line instead of coming out and getting tackled at the 11yd line. That was a culmination of the collapse in a nutshell.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:21 PM

9,582 posts, read 8,886,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I did-why is that so hard to believe? Jealous that you don't have the grapes to make such a bet?
I Just happen to know more about sports than pretty much everybody else around, and had total faith that I'd win. $500 for that dude was nothing, anyways.
If you bet 500 dollars on a team coming back from 28-3 then I dont know what to say. Do you know how many things had to go right for that win? Idiotic bet. And I dont buy it anyway.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:27 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,876,260 times
Falcons defense got tired. Little pressure in 4th quarter.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:34 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,015,995 times
Up 11 or Up 15 NE still needs two drives to beat you. I like my chances of kicking it close vs getting a TD. Should have milked the clock or NE's timeout. The odds of NE getting two scoring drives within 3 mins is slim to none.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:35 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,466,936 times
Praising Jesus right now. Between the trump win and the patriots win, and three deaths in my family in the past year, he is testing me, and my faith is stronger than ever. This too shall pass. Good will eventually triumph over evil.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:38 PM

6,541 posts, read 4,492,339 times
Fun fact:

Dan Quinn was the Seahawks DC in Super Bowl 49, you know the Super Bowl the Seahawks lost because they decided to pass from the 2 yard line instead of handing it off to Marshawn Lynch?? You would've thought Quinn would have learned from that, right?? IF the Falcon run the ball 3 times from the 22, instead of only once, they are probably the Super Bowl champs??

And FYI: This Super Bowl was garbage. One team played great for the first half, and stunk in the 2nd half, and the other team stunk in the first half, and was great in the 2nd half. That doesn't make it a great Super Bowl!

Old 02-05-2017, 10:44 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,015,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Fun fact:

Dan Quinn was the Seahawks DC in Super Bowl 49, you know the Super Bowl the Seahawks lost because they decided to pass from the 2 yard line instead of handing it off to Marshawn Lynch?? You would've thought Quinn would have learned from that, right?? IF the Falcon run the ball 3 times from the 22, instead of only once, they are probably the Super Bowl champs??

And FYI: This Super Bowl was garbage. One team played great for the first half, and stunk in the 2nd half, and the other team stunk in the first half, and was great in the 2nd half. That doesn't make it a great Super Bowl!
So the play call from Shannahan has to get OK by Quinn? ( the pass play at the end with Ryan getting sacked). I never played football so I don't know who gets the final play call.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:06 PM

6,541 posts, read 4,492,339 times
The head coach should have final say for offensive calls, so yes I would put the blame squarely on Quinn, just like Carroll still gets the blame for losing the Super Bowl. And I could see throwing it on 3rd down, especially after the sack, but not running it on second down as well was really stupid. That would have saved them 45 seconds right there, and the Patriots scored the touchdown with what, 57 seconds remaining or something??

Old 02-05-2017, 11:18 PM

1,027 posts, read 582,778 times
After dinner, here on the west coast it's 10pm. Re-watching this amazing comeback and focusing on the Pats' offense, with 6:00 left in the 3rd and the score 38-3 Atlanta, the Pats had a 3rd and 3 on their own 44 and tried that gimmick lateral to Edelman, whose pass to Dion Lewis fell incomplete.

The next play - remember they're on their own 44 - they go for it on 4th down. And they convert. Key play, key game moment. From that point on the Pats' offense slowly got their legs underneath them and began imposing their will on the Falcons' defense. The Pats scored their first TD of the game on that drive, with 2:06 left in the 3rd.

Gostkowski doinked the PAT, and they botch the onsides kick, but basically the Pats' O had woken up. Towards the end of the game they were basically unstoppable.

:shakes head: - such an amazing comeback, an amazing game.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:18 PM

11,057 posts, read 3,759,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
The head coach should have final say for offensive calls, so yes I would put the blame squarely on Quinn, just like Carroll still gets the blame for losing the Super Bowl. And I could see throwing it on 3rd down, especially after the sack, but not running it on second down as well was really stupid. That would have saved them 45 seconds right there, and the Patriots scored the touchdown with what, 57 seconds remaining or something??

I agree, all Atlanta needed was a FG to seal the game.....when Julio Jones caught the pass that put them in FG range , I told my wife that was the game...run the ball 3 times and kick the FG and go up 31 to 20 with 3 minutes left and NO timeouts for the Patriots.

Patriots needed to score a TD, convert a 2 PT conversation, onside kick/get the ball, and make a FG.....all that under 3 minutes with no timeouts....very slim to none chances.

Bad coaching when the game was on the line to seal it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or