U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 12:44 AM

1,367 posts, read 1,363,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
What?! The No. 1 offense in the league? The league MVP at quarterback? 540 total points scored, averaging 33.8 points per game? There are only 4-5 teams that have EVER in the history of the NFL had a more powerful offense than the Falcons havce this season. And you're not IMPRESSED?! Geez ...
Didn't you know Matty Ice is still due for his customary post season choke and the evil empire always wins (end sarcasm)

Old 01-23-2017, 02:28 AM

2,919 posts, read 1,966,156 times
Should be a good game! I'm rooting for New England for political reasons.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:21 AM

6,638 posts, read 10,692,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
Bellichick is the wild card, though. If he can put together a winning game plan then Brady is the guy to execute it.
Yes, Belichick is the wildcard, but more important, I expect, is a defensive game plan and the ability to execute it.

Now, having said that, consistent ball-control offense is part of a good defensive game plan.

But if it's a shootout, advantage Atlanta.

I have no skin in this game, but quietly rooting for New England so they can stick it in Goodell's face: not only was so-called deflategate a personal vendetta masked as fake news, I hate Sunday night, Thursday night and London games, and the 6:30PM EST start time for the Super Bowl, and I blame him. Haha!

Good luck to both teams and I hope it's a close game and meaningful in the last two minutes.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:04 AM

5,631 posts, read 4,230,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Falcons strong on both sides of the ball?

Did you watch them play this year?

They gave up 25 points per game.... 10 more per game than Pats

Patriots are the team that's strong on both sides of the ball with the best coach in NFL history

Pats win 31 -20
Agreed the Falcons defense this year was middle of the pack at best.. but you have to admit their defense is playing BETTER than they were during the regular season.. I don't think the Falcons can stop Brady.. but I didn't think they could stop Rodgers... what the Falcons do is put pressure on the opposing teams offense to KEEP UP.. you saw it yesterday.... the Falcons offense just kept scoring and the Packers offense started making stupid mistakes, dropped passes, because of the pressure they felt to SCORE... to keep up.

I have watched enough SBs to know that 9 times out of 10, its not what you expect at all.. I expect the Patriots to win by 2 scores (10 - 14).. i expect the Falcons to play tight.... to struggle stopping the Patriots and to turn the ball over a few times, fall behind and press (like the Packers did yesterday) on offense.. I expect the Patriots to LIMIT Julio to just a few catches and way under 100 yards and i expect that Sanu does not COME UP BIG... that's what i expect.. but 9 times out of 10.. what I expect DOESN'T HAPPEN!

Old 01-23-2017, 05:11 AM

4,988 posts, read 11,068,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Agreed the Falcons defense this year was middle of the pack at best.. but you have to admit their defense is playing BETTER than they were during the regular season.. I don't think the Falcons can stop Brady.. but I didn't think they could stop Rodgers... what the Falcons do is put pressure on the opposing teams offense to KEEP UP.. you saw it yesterday.... the Falcons offense just kept scoring and the Packers offense started making stupid mistakes, dropped passes, because of the pressure they felt to SCORE... to keep up.

I have watched enough SBs to know that 9 times out of 10, its not what you expect at all.. I expect the Patriots to win by 2 scores (10 - 14).. i expect the Falcons to play tight.... to struggle stopping the Patriots and to turn the ball over a few times, fall behind and press (like the Packers did yesterday) on offense.. I expect the Patriots to LIMIT Julio to just a few catches and way under 100 yards and i expect that Sanu does not COME UP BIG... that's what i expect.. but 9 times out of 10.. what I expect DOESN'T HAPPEN!
Green Bay didn't have a defense and it showed up big time yesterday....

Pats do have a defense, number 1 scoring defense in the NFL...in the previous 6 Superbowls when the number 1 scoring defense has played the number 1 scoring offense the number 1 defense won 5 out of 6 times

The ONLY times Brady and the Pats have lost in the playoffs it has been to teams not with just GOOD defenses but GREAT defenses....Baltimore, Denver, Giants....

The Falcons don't even have a GOOD defense never mind a GREAT one

Old 01-23-2017, 05:15 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,514,091 times
Baltimore didn't have a great defense in 2012. Admittedly it did step up in the playoffs a bit.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:20 AM

10,577 posts, read 7,290,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post

Totally agreed.

I expect the Patriots to win, in part because they're the more-rounded team but also because when a team that has recently (say, within the past three years) gone to a Super Bowl goes to another one against a team that hasn't recently been to one, with team with recent experience wins the majority of the time.

But as you suggest, this isn't a lopsided match-up. The Falcons are just 3-pt underdogs - such teams win about 40% of the time. A Falcons victory would be an upset... but only a mild one. We're not talking Jets over Colts stuff here.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:39 AM

2,772 posts, read 2,377,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Should be a good game! I'm rooting for New England for political reasons.
You're a Trump fan along with Kraft, Belichick, & Brady?

Old 01-23-2017, 06:11 AM

4,434 posts, read 4,424,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Falcons strong on both sides of the ball?

Did you watch them play this year?

They gave up 25 points per game.... 10 more per game than Pats

Patriots are the team that's strong on both sides of the ball with the best coach in NFL history

Pats win 31 -20
The Falcons also average 3.3 points 6 point per game then the Pats, and started to pick of more points as the season went on. Blew out teams with better Defense then the pats, haven't lose a game more than 7 points, If the falcons do lose suggestion they have less than 30 is reaching.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:14 AM

6,469 posts, read 3,468,826 times
Going to be a tight one. But I recall the Pats 1st Super Bowl win was against the greatest show on turf. And at that time Brady was just beginning to establish himself. I like the 3-point spread as I believe the game will be close. Pats defense has been solid, and they do say defense wins championships. The Pats in 2007 went into the Super Bowl undefeated and with ridiculous offensive stats, and the Giants defense won that game. I think the Pats are a more complete team on both sides of the ball (not saying by any large margin), and with the experience and greatness of Belichick and Brady, I think they will win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or